Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

AE92 GTi-16 Progress Thread

KPARRIS-JONES

whoohoo.

glad its on its way again. if you are any bolts short drop me a pm with thread size and length and ill have a look through my bolt box (i have a lot of spares for some reason?) :lol:

hehe, same here.

I don't think I have many left over, in fact everything was labelled correctly and I remembered where and how it went so nothing went spare. I don't have those bolts because they were either domed or bent, somehow :wacko:

Lots of spares!? And to think I have been taking your advice, or do you just know how to take it apart? :P ;)

Got the water gaskets fitted today, and replaced the bolts with shiny S/S bolts because the old ones were doming:

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

I also fitted the new Thermostat, just so that I knew it was o.k.;

DSC00244.jpg

I got the auxiliary Timing-Belts fitted too, which was easy;

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00238.jpg

I managed to prep the engine bay too, so it is now totally ready for respray tomorrow. I ordered a brighter white than the 040 too :naughty: ;

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00248.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

DSC00251.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

I also began to rub down and fill the holes in the tailgate which has gone really well so far, but I have no pictures of that yet.

I was really pleased with the progress made, but will still go back on saturday to refit the engine and spray the cam covers white. :D

Comments are welcome. ;)

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KPARRIS-JONES

• dawesy

• PaulinhoT

• AE_92

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looking really good, i hope you gonna keep a portfolio of the progress on the car, and once finished you can show the 'before' and 'after'

from what it was to what it has become, and dont forget the decal " BUILT NOT BOUGHT "

looking really good, i hope you gonna keep a portfolio of the progress on the car, and once finished you can show the 'before' and 'after'

from what it was to what it has become, and dont forget the decal " BUILT NOT BOUGHT "

Thank you mate, I will keep a portfolio, I will use this thread to give people help and information though. I'll most likely print this off or something, a permanent record of what I did. :D

Built not bought, perfect decal. I will have to put that in my signature, because I will have too many on the car otherwise, which will make it look naff IMO. I already have TOC Stickers sitting at home, and some TOC! stickers awaiting delivery. :)

I will be sure to take it to shows, and in time I will get her into some magazines too hopefully. :D ;)

Keep it going :thumbsup: Almost on the rebuild leg now :D

good work will look sweet when done.

i have a lot of bits spare as there isnt a lot of 'corolla' that is still fitted to mine :P

good work will look sweet when done.

i have a lot of bits spare as there isnt a lot of 'corolla' that is still fitted to mine :P

haha! I don't think any of the standard car would be able to handle it! :lol:

I'm a little stuck as to how I remove the rear side windows, I don't want to crack/split them or anything. Do you know how to do this?

The bay should have been resprayed today, if not then tomorrow. I will post pictures on saturday. ;)

I have made a list of the things I will need for the body-work though...;

*Adhesive for rear windows

*Lots of metal for the panel behind the side-skirts

*Mud-Flap support arms and bolts, mine sheered and the arms are kershagged.

and the list will continue.... :crybaby:

I have just taken delivery of the sub-frame nuts, and rear Engine-Mount Bracket bolts, and then shortly after, the engine mounts got delivered.

They clearly didn't know what they were talking about, because the sent me the rear mount and bracket which is what I asked for, but I also asked for the front mount.

Instead of a front mount, they sent me the PAS Bracket and the Gearbox Mount. :huh: How they perceived that as the front mount god only knows, but I am not too bothered because I will get my money back and replacing the front mount with the engine in the car is easy as anything.

Also, I am one PAS Bracket up! :lol: So any critical damage to my PAS, god forbid, can be quickly sorted! :D :lol:

if you look inside the b pillar you will see two 10mm nuts undo these with a deep socket (grease in the socket will stop them falling out) then there are two screws on the rear opening bracket. simples :)

if you look inside the b pillar you will see two 10mm nuts undo these with a deep socket (grease in the socket will stop them falling out) then there are two screws on the rear opening bracket. simples :)

ah that's o.k. then, thanks a lot mate. ;)

I'll do that on saturday while I put the engine back in too. :D

I really want to get this sorted! :Jumpy:

I have just received word that my engine bay has now been resprayed and is going to be baked ready for tomorrow. I will get some pictures up at the end of tomorrow, and you will be blinded by the whiteness! I chose a Lexus white that was even brighter than the standard 040 Super-White, not that I thought such a thing was possible but you discover many interesting things wherever you go! :)

I will use some carpet to cover the chassis girder things, so I don't scratch the lovely new paint! I'll get pictures of what I do so that anyone else who does this cab have a quick look at the thread and see. :D

I know have a resprayed engine bay, which is stunning IMO! :yahoo:

saturday2010002.jpg

saturday2010003.jpg

saturday2010004.jpg

saturday2010005.jpg

saturday2010006.jpg

saturday2010007.jpg

saturday2010008.jpg

Comments please, I want some feedback on this! I still need to polish it, but so far all work is credit of ADEMEISTER. ;)

WOOOW! this car has come along way since i last saw it. work you done is just out standing. Look very foward to seeing the finished producted.

Keep up the top work (y)

Thanks guys, I'm really worried about scratching up the engine bay, so I think I'll get some carpet and tape it to the side of the bay, cutting holes in it for the engine mounts. Once the engine is in, then I will cut the carpet away.

@corolladude, good to see you here again dude! Haven't spoken to you for months :lol: Any progress made with the Celica? And thanks for the comments, I had a sudden burst of energy after xmas and I just went mad so that I could move house. :lol:

Thanks guys, I'm really worried about scratching up the engine bay, so I think I'll get some carpet and tape it to the side of the bay, cutting holes in it for the engine mounts. Once the engine is in, then I will cut the carpet away.

@corolladude, good to see you here again dude! Haven't spoken to you for months :lol: Any progress made with the Celica? And thanks for the comments, I had a sudden burst of energy after xmas and I just went mad so that I could move house. :lol:

:lol: yeah, been hiding under the rock for a while. Engine blew on the celica about 3 weeks ago. new block was sourced and fitted on that week as it is the daily runner and needs to be used for little jobs ect. Pretty sweet as the next one is only coverd 32k!

Not much progress apart from that really, gonna be having some bits on the Corolla done such as colour code door strips, going to laminex the front lights and get the, jap spec rear lights. just gonna have a few simple mods done. Ohh and if some cheap wheels come across on eBay or on the forums then i may snap them up too! All in good time i suppose.

Cheers

:lol: yeah, been hiding under the rock for a while. Engine blew on the celica about 3 weeks ago. new block was sourced and fitted on that week as it is the daily runner and needs to be used for little jobs ect. Pretty sweet as the next one is only coverd 32k!

Not much progress apart from that really, gonna be having some bits on the Corolla done such as colour code door strips, going to laminex the front lights and get the, jap spec rear lights. just gonna have a few simple mods done. Ohh and if some cheap wheels come across on eBay or on the forums then i may snap them up too! All in good time i suppose.

Cheers

oooh that's not so good, but I guess the silver lining was the low mileage engine. ;) Glad you are getting the rolla sorted again too, haven't heard much about any of your cars because of that damn rock! :lol: :P

Cheers

oooh that's not so good, but I guess the silver lining was the low mileage engine. ;) Glad you are getting the rolla sorted again too, haven't heard much about any of your cars because of that damn rock! :lol: :P

Haha, yeah you will be seeing my a lot more now.

:drool:

that looks really good, only real comment i have is id have removed the nuts from the top of the spring plates, would look a tad more factory.

looks really good though, cant wait to see the rest of it painted. top job :thumbsup:

that looks sweet!! cant wait to see the rest done :thumbsup:

cheers,

@Lee, yeh I wanted to see what they were like, but I will be painting them black when I fit the red strut brace. I think they'll look awesome that way. I see what you mean but personally I think they look nice. :D

@AE_92, me neither! :lol: Got to work sorting out the rest of the car as soon as I saw the bay! :D

I now have some pictures of all the bad bits;

1. Near-Side Rear Window,

saturday2010010-1.jpg

saturday2010011-1.jpg

2. Near-Side Rear Corner is a lost cause,

saturday2010016.jpg

saturday2010017.jpg

3. Off-Side Rear Arch

saturday2010018.jpg

4. And the Near-Side Rear Arch,

saturday2010027.jpg

saturday2010026.jpg

5. Off-Side Rear Window,

saturday2010020.jpg

saturday2010021.jpg

6. Windscreen Corner and top,

saturday2010022.jpg

saturday2010023.jpg

7. And the Sunroof,

saturday2010024.jpg

saturday2010025.jpg

saturday2010032.jpg

8. Inner Arches,

saturday2010028.jpg

saturday2010029.jpg

There is also a little dink underneath the Off-Side rear window which will have to be sorted out too. There is a lot to do but work has already started up on getting it sorted out. :D

:lol: :lol: Your GTi would be a godsend as far as I'm concerned. I am so sick of finding more and more rust on this car. I have enough people and time to get it sorted with me though, so it should be done by the end of this summer.

I can only hope though, looking at how bad this rust is.

Still, I'm so happy with my shiny new engine bay! :Jumpy::lol:

Looks mint literally :D

Thank you. I am really pleased with the way it turned out. It' direct gloss instead of base coat because it gives a much richer/thicker colour and the base coat is much harder to apply too. :D

Looks mint literally :D

Thank you. I am really pleased with the way it turned out. It' direct gloss instead of base coat because it gives a much richer/thicker colour and the base coat is much harder to apply too. :D

Awesome paint job mate, now if only my painting would come out like that :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links