Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

AE92 GTi-16 Progress Thread

KPARRIS-JONES

Thanks Paul :) I have actually got my Club in Banzai Magazine (Last issue) with the red Nissan on the front. ;) Has a little snap of my GTi which is a start!

Plenty of Updates for today, in general the engine is now ready to be hooked into the Gearbox and dropped into the car :D

Got the O-Rings having returned home after forgetting my Wallet :banghead: But it gave me a chance to pick up some other bits and pieces such as a Sump Plug Washer and Cable Ties which were pretty vital pieces. Unfortunately I needed to order the Oil Filter through ECP but that should arrive on Tuesday. The car will be here on Monday for me to get the engine in and running :D

So, I have fitted the timing end and Samco Vacuum lines, along with just about everything else the engine needed! :P

Spot the differences lol:

c36d34d5.jpg

583d0768.jpg

215bb2fb.jpg

a2070dc5.jpg

d0a45f0e.jpg

26498205.jpg

81dfaf76.jpg

30d9c5ae.jpg

dc667586.jpg

dfb85e6a.jpg

0499b5fe.jpg

8d2e217c.jpg

632484de.jpg

8e9aa43b.jpg

284fe77b.jpg

I will have a load of cleaning to do on the engine bay which is a pain to say the least, but it will be gorgeous when complete! :D

KP

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KPARRIS-JONES

• dawesy

• PaulinhoT

• AE_92

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Again nice collection of build photos :thumbsup: how much of power hike do you hope to get with this engine ;)

It´s like candy :o I want to eat it

Translate: That looks superb!

:lol: Cheers Sonur! :lol:

Cheers Paul, I'm hoping to have 135BHP versus the standard 127BHP but that's all guesstimations! To be honest I just want that sound again :) :thumbsup:

KP

:lol: Cheers Sonur! :lol: Cheers Paul, I'm hoping to have 135BHP versus the standard 127BHP but that's all guesstimations! To be honest I just want that sound again :) :thumbsup: KP

Heads off to You Tube to find out what it will sound like :thumbsup:

:lol: I will have a video of the actual first start, all failures included! :lol:

I will have her with me tomorrow so I can whack the engine in and get the interior finished off nicely. Once that's all sorted I can then wait for ECP to deliver me Oil Filter :yes: Should roll up to college in her too if all goes well :D

KP

My updates for today, it was a late start at about 1:30pm but we got her home and started cleaning the engine bay, then I spent my time getting the box on with the rest of the hoses etc put back too. Turns out that I ordered the 100% perfect length of Samco hose, no extra and no stretching either! Fookin perfect!

79c9815c.jpg

Got the Air Filter and Idle Up VSV Lines installed:

805e3370.jpg

Washer Jets:

c5a79042.jpg

f9db95df.jpg

Found a place for the TRD Badge:

1c1a846d.jpg

The back was way too clean and I didn't want to spoil it!

62922806.jpg

Dust Caps, greased and tightened:

3b4b1775.jpg

8ec6e6aa.jpg

331e7d19.jpg

Fin:

78265dee.jpg

KP

Very nice photos, nice bit of work going on here :thumbsup: Also like the Badge under the bonnet :toast:

I may borrow your white rocker cover and red HT cables idea :thumbsup: and Badge idea.. just need a TTE one :crybaby:

Feel free dude I'm making no patent here :lol:

Thanks, I am hoping that we can have her purring again tomorrow with a little more pushing. I'm going to have someone video the actual first start, fire and all :D

I'm really pleased with how it's all turning out, lets just hope that I built it properly in the first place!

KP

Excellent work young man! Loving the progress, effort and updates.

haha cheers dude, unfortunately we have a few large problems...

I will start by pointing out that today has been the most pig ugly, bull-crap, butt-shafting load of misery that I have ever been through.

Everything and I do mean everything was a faff. The engine refused to dock itself so everything got scratched in the folly, the best most visible bits of paint need touching up which we all know doesn't give the best finish, and the Slave Cylinder has now gotten stuck fully extended and refuses to pop back in. I don't know what to do with that.

Next was me trapping my finger as the engine swung towards the timing end mount, my finger got between a couple hundred KG of Engine and that mounting bracket - it bloody hurts :censor: :censor: :censor:

Then my mate did the same thing, except he didn't have a bucket to kick the living crap out of like I did.

So once the engine was finally in after stopping several times for rain I could remove the sheets from the wings to reveal that my O/S Front Wing had THREE lovely dinks in it which are likely un-pullable. Marvellous.

At this point called it a day and went inside to cry and contemplate burning the car with me inside...

... and as usual I regained my stamina and went back out there, blitzed everything and generally got the car back to life. The electrics now work and we have lights etc but no start. Tomorrow I am off out to get 4 copper washers for the Oil Cooler Unions, CV Grease, Antifreeze and Clutch Fluid if air has gotten into the system.

Because I have been so sodding miserable I didn't take pictures, and it hurts too much to look at the dents, so you will have to wait :P

The day itself has been about as pleasurable as finding my testes in a vice lined with chilli, whilst surrounded by a burning house. HOWEVER, what I cannot overlook is the fact that the engine is in and looking fairly sweet, the electrics work and I am hours away from first start... so TOC.... do we call this success or failure?

I'm going with Success. ;)

KP

Thank you tibs! How's your rolla doing?

KP

It's going well thank you, just got the ongoing vandal damage to contend with, but that's for another time I guess.

Running great and still making me smile even though it's my everyday car.

I'd call that a success KP.

A few dinks and scrapes and niggly problems are part and parcel of pratting around with old cars especially when it is not done in some state of the art workshop facility, so don't beat yourself up. Not just yet anyway...:-p

Maybe the dents in the wing can be rectified from the other side of the panel? Just a thought for you to mull over for the time being.

Looking forward to seeing updates and perhaps a vid of the old girl running?

Keep it up fella, cracking effort frankly!

Argh bloody vandals!

Thank you tibs, I have a small video now that I need some help with before I proceed...

Cheers again, I will have a proper video for you soon!

KP

lol KP burning the car is what i wanna do every night for the last 2 weeks with my car not wanting to spark or fuel lol and i dont have a clue what it is?? all the looms are changed over so i dont know how it cant fuking start lol.... ahh dam just have to touch it up best you can dude and am sure youl get them dents sorted :thumbsup:

scott

Oh dude that sucks! Well let us know how it goes.

I am still making videos of each attempt and I'll compile them soon, but I am sure it is still a timing issue and I am told that the noise is nothing fatal. :D

KP

Just watched the video, car looks nice though, and the engine looks even better :thumbsup:

If I get time tomorrow I will ask one of the mechanics at work tomorrow ;)

Cheers Paul, I have pretty well confirmed that the Ignition Timing is the issue, so when the sun returns tomorrow morning I will fiddle with the dizzy a little more :D

KP

SHE LIVES AGAIN!!!

That's the actual first start so consider yourselves lucky!! :D

KP

Had another tweak or two of the dizzy and she is still miss-firing like buggery, but 15 mins with a Timing Light should have it sorted. :thumbsup:

I have one other video if anyone's interested, took it this morning. :D

KP

Someone leant on it when I had repeatedly said not to... :censor:

Cheers mate :) Still need to adjust it, will get the timing light tomorrow if the weather is any better!

KP

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links