Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St185 Remapping?

Azzam

hi, ive got a Ceica GT4 carlos sainz and im going to change the cutch on it but it thourt as the engine is out i may aswell get more bhp such as more the Battery in the boot and putting a improved air intake kit..... im thinking of gettin the ecu remapped as i have heard that you can get it up to 300bhp.....

has anyone remapped a standard gt4?

and ifso is it work it, i mean can you feel the difference?

interesting topic as wi have got a chap coming out to our work on tuesday from donny to remap a golf vr6 an a merc diesel turbo, the lads have asked me if i fancy getting my gt4 remapped but i wasnt sure how much gain i will get, so if anyone has had it done will be interested to find out what an if its worth doing he said the diesel turbo will get about 40bhp more but the vr6 will only get about 20 bhp more, not sure if wanna pay couple of hundred to get it done if it is only gonna give me 20 - 40

You cannot remap a GT4 ecu.

People who say they can will just basically fit an fcd and raise the boost, with no regard to the extra fuelling that will be required so your engine will be running lean, which isn't a good thing and charge you ££££'s for doing it.

Much better to get a Blitz access ecu or for something that can be mapped like a power fc.

fit a £25 manual boost controller will give you circa 50 bhp gain .

i've spoken to a diesel tuner like the one mentioned above, you definately can't re-map the standard ECU unit, if you did want to re-map it you'd first need to replace the chip inside then get that mapped and TBH you could fit an e-manage or something and get it mapped for that money. just don't get yourself a uni-chip as you'll be looking for an engine within a year after fitting

nice 1 thanks iv already got the boost controller an fcd so iwont be wasitng my money when he comes then he said sumet about changing the chips an then doing it as he has to do that on the vr6 aswell but i aint bothered now iv read this thnaks chaps saved me some money anyway

ok thanks for the repiles, ive got a manual boost controller but i have not put it on the car because i dont know how to rig one up, can anyone give me a guide on what pipes go where when i put it on?

ok thanks for the repiles, ive got a manual boost controller but i have not put it on the car because i dont know how to rig one up, can anyone give me a guide on what pipes go where when i put it on?

if it's a bleed valve you can fit these easily by opening your bin lid and placing said boost controller inside lol, i really don't trust then, the idea of them is good but in use it leads to boost spikes and possible engine failure (there are some bleed valves on the market that don't but the general rule is stay clear), what you hopefully got was a relief valve (has a ball and spring inside) these have proven to be more relyable in practice.

~there should only be only 2 ends to the boost controller,

~you just need to find out which direction the pressure should flow through first,

~then go to a motor factors and buy yourself a 1m length of rubber fuel hose, this allows remote placement and ease of access for adjustment.

~then you need to get into the turbo,

~the actuator has 2 hoses coming from it, one leads back to the block the other is attached to the turbo, it's this one you want to replace with your new boost hose (fuel line),

~first remove the origional boost hose,

~then cut your new boost hose in half (or there abouts) and attach a length to each end of the boost controller then using the direction of flow you found out earlier fit the other ens of the boost hose onto the turbo and actuator (the direction of flow is from the turbo to the actuator)

at this point you should have your controller fitted, however you'll still have the origional clutch safegaurd which is 2psi less in 1st &2nd gears,

~to remove this find the second hose that is attached to your actuator,

~cut it and block off both ends, you only really need to block off the end atached to your actuator but it's good practice to block off both ends

once you are happy with your boost levels feel free to shorten the lengths of boost hose your controller is attached too and then re-check boost levels

http://turborevs.org.uk/Manaul%20Boost%20C...20Turborevs.pdf

Hope this helps mate.