Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sliding Seat Problem

Demonic Angel

Hi all...

Ashamed to say I think I've broken my Yaris already! :crybaby:

I was sliding the front driver seat forward to find out how it worked as its a 3 door so incase I get passengers I can get them in and out!

I lifted the handle like the salesman told me to do and slid it forwards slightly, but then it jammed and its now stuck halfway, I cant seem to push it back.... :help:

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? The salesman slid the seat no problems, maybe its my weak feeble woman hands and arms failing me, but I need to know! :eek:

Are you actually sitting in the seat and pushing back with your body to move the seat back ?

Thanks for replying, managed to get the seat back now and sorted!

Just hoping I dont have to carry passengers anytime soon as that seating system is a bugger! :huh:

I noticed on my Yaris that if you push the lever “forward” on the driver’s side, the back will spring forward but the base stays put, then if you push the back of the seat back it will return to its original position, (not touching the lever)

Moving the lever “backwards” alters the angle of the seat to your preference.

The lever “nearest” the handbrake on both seats I think alters the backrest as well.

Pushing the lever “forward” on the passenger side will slide the whole seat forward and spring the back forward as well.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links