Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Supra Engine In A Camry?

Cusa86

First off, I'm new to the board, very nice forum I must add :)

Basically my best friend has a 1992 Toyota Camry, we were at a performance shop today and someone that works there told us that his friend has a 1992 Toyota Camry in which he swapped a Supra engine in, total sleeper. My questions are, A. is that possible, B. How much work has to be done, C. Is it dificult? my friend is getting a J-Spec Supra engine for free from his friend and wants to swap it into his 1992 Toyota Camry, he basically wants to know if anyone on here has done it, and how difficult/expensive will it be to do? any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It's probably not impossible but i'm not sure if there would be room for a straight six, the 3.0 V6 in the Camry isn't far off to the non-turbo supra but has different characteristics.

It's probably not worth it, you'd be better off just buying a Supra in the first place.

yeah, thats what I've read so far, also the fact that the Supra is RWD and the Camry is FWD, supposedly it comes out as expensive to set up as buying a Supra.

Well it is possible to do it, i was going to put the 7M-GTE into my aw11 which fits a camry v6 nicely. the v6 does not have the problems that the 7M-GTE has and you could get your v6 going quicker than a 7M-GTE with less money. Did you ever think of the TRD SuperCharger kit for the V6? I prefer the SC over a Turbo anyday as it applies boost from rolling speeds. do the ABV mod and play with the pullys and you can have a mean v6....all for the cost of the standard 7M-GTE Installed into the camry.

Sorry i used the 7M-GTE...but any other supra engine will cost the same, 1G-GTE, 2JZ-GTE, 7M-GTE.

• 1 year later...
It's probably not impossible but i'm not sure if there would be room for a straight six, the 3.0 V6 in the Camry isn't far off to the non-turbo supra but has different characteristics.

It's probably not worth it, you'd be better off just buying a Supra in the first place.

But think how cool it is.. i want it in my 87 camry :rolleyes:

• 3 years later...

Not everyone can afford to buy a 25 to 30 thousand $ Supra, And think about insurance. You would save a whole lot of money in the long run having Supra motor in Camry. Plus, A Supra is a cop magnet and a Camry is not.

Why bother to reply to a 4 year old post????

• 10 years later...
On 3/2/2009 at 2:58 AM, ae111sr said:

Why bother to reply to a 4 year old post????

Well it's been 11 years and forum is 16 and I still replied.... The Camry will be way more unique than the generic Supra don't get me wrong I love supras but have you ever seen a rwd 2jz Camry no. The xv10 Toyota moded correct can be a very attractive car and very JDM.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links