Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speedometer Fast

T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S.

I was driving in a 30 mph area and my speedometer was on 50 mph. I thought there is no way I am doing 50. When I parked my speedometer was stuck on 20. Later, after I had nipped out for lunch, my speedometer was back to normal. Anyone any idea what this could be?

Cheers

T

I was driving in a 30 mph area and my speedometer was on 50 mph. I thought there is no way I am doing 50. When I parked my speedometer was stuck on 20. Later, after I had nipped out for lunch, my speedometer was back to normal. Anyone any idea what this could be?

Cheers

T

could be the speed sensor unit on the gearbox.

have you recently washed your car ?

Cheers

T

It was washed by my dealer on Good Friday. It is booked in for a service on Monday (when they will wash it again).

Yeah, could be water in somewhere it shouldnt be or maybe a loose connection. Ask them to take a look while its in.

A water leak in an Aygo...? Don't be silly!

Thanks for the comments. My dealer did not discover the cause of the problem but told me to keep an eye on it and return it if it happened again.

the aygo doesnt have a speed sensor pickup in the gearbox it is taken from the shafts

Even better: the speed-signal is derrived from the average of

all 4 wheels, using the sensors that are allready there for the ABS...