Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All You Peeps With 15"s

Titto

Im after a set of just the original 15" alloys. I've seen some on eBay, but i need to know 100% that the rear alloys are wider than the fronts. The ones i've seen show one size for the fronts and rears.

Does anyone know what the widths are please? Also, if anyone is selling them or considering selling them, please email me : adamtitto@hotmail.com

Not bothered anout the tyres, just the alloys at present.

think (and only think) that they are j6's fronts and j7's rears .. I know the rears also need longer studs to make them flush with the holes ..

The ones on eBay say jj7's so i presume 7", but it doesnt say if thats all of em or what. So, lets just say they are 7" all round, that would be ok too wouldnt it? ie, still fit the smaller 205's to the front and 225's to the rear???

well I have J8's all round ..

But I'm not sure about the stock rims .. I'd defo get 'em checked out .. why go for stock rims, if they aint what is needed?

i'm looking to do the same thing cos

a) they're pretty cheap

B) look better than my stock 14" rev1 rims

c) i'm gonna use em for trackdays etc.

-Z

15's sort a LOT of the handling issues for the Rev1's too .. seems the specially designed rev1 tyres have too much tyre wall and allow too much flex and that was the main issue with the snap oversteer ..

Yeh i heard that too, i like the oversteer but i wonder what itl be like w/o the snap, better i hope!

-Z

Bibbs,

Im just a bit peeved with all the bumps and stuff that go with having 17's with a 40 wall...

I've seen some wheels quite cheap and i've never felt what the MR2 is like with 15's - i was hoping it would take a lot more of the bumps out of the road....

Plus, the handling isnt top notch, you can feel the car lurching a bit when turning, depending upon the camber etc...

Although they do look nice that are on now....

If anyone does want to do a straight swap, my 17's for your 15's then get in touch with me...

Got pics of your 17's?

I've got a set of 15's laying about at an importers somewhere ..

Titto, yep the rears are wider than the fronts. I'll measure them tomorrow for you. The handling with 15's is superb, I very much doubt I'll ever swap them. From what I remember the rears are 225, the fronts are 195 - though I could be wrong about the fronts.....

ben if titto turns em down how much r u willing to sell em for?

also r they the "flat look" 15" rims?

-Z

they are stock Rev2 rims I believe .. it's what my car arrived with .. which I got rid of for my old Enkei 16's ..

Bibbs, if you are considering swapping or even selling, then mail me with what your after:

adamtitto@hotmail.com

Cheers

Adam

they are stock Rev2 rims I believe .. it's what my car arrived with .. which I got rid of for my old Enkei 16's ..

Haha...I did the opposite, ditched my 16" Enkei's for the factory 15's :D

i was hoping it would take a lot more of the bumps out of the road....

Pretty much for that reason too.

I had the 15's off a few weeks back to give them a fresh coat of paint....can't for the life of me remember the sizes. 195 fronts and 225 backs.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Kiwi, would you say its better on the bumps and stuff now???

ie: would you recommend i do the switch back???

Kiwi, would you say its better on the bumps and stuff now???

ie: would you recommend i do the switch back???

Yep.....I mean I scored some Enkei RS Evolutions with tyres for $250 nzd's, after 6 months on them I was feed up with the rough ride, I sold them and am back on the 15's and enjoying the smoother ride.....and handling wise I can still throw it around as per the 16's with no issues :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

6j front, 7j rears. j = inch

195/55/15 front

225/50/15 rear

these are original spec sizes.

most ppl then put 205/50/15's on front instead - as mentioned, to remove understeer.

there is also apparently something about the design of the rear wheels (camber or some other such technicality) that stops u being able to put the wider rear wheels on the front of the car (if u so desired).

bet the handling would be weird the other way round?! :thumbsup:

ben if titto turns em down how much r u willing to sell em for?

also r they the "flat look" 15" rims?

-Z

#;']/-=~#*!$)%&*£*"^%"_$!"><(%^"_!%&"_!*%!)%^"_!%&"_!*%!)%^"_!%&"_!*%!)%)%&*£*"^%"_$!"><(%^"_!%&"_!*%)%&*£*"^%"_$!"><(%^"_!%&"_!*%)%&*£*"^%"_$!"><(%^"_!%&"_!*%)%&*£*"^%"_$!"><(%^"_!%&"_!*%)%&*£*"^%"_$!"><(%^"_!%&"_!*%)%&*£*"^%"_$!"><(%^"_!%&"_!*%)%&*£*"^%"_$!"><(%^"_!%&"_!*%)%&*£*"^%"_$!"><(%^"_!%&"_!*%

#;']/-=~#*!$)%&*£*"^%"_$!"><(%^"_!%&"_!*%!)%^"_!%&"_!*%!)%^"_!%&"_!*%!)%)%&*£*"^%"_$!"><(%^"_!%&"_!*%)%&*£*"^%"_$!"><(%^"_!%&"_!*%)%&*£*"^%"_$!"><(%^"_!%&"_!*%)%&*£*"^%"_$!"><(%^"_!%&"_!*%)%&*£*"^%"_$!"><(%^"_!%&"_!*%)%&*£*"^%"_$!"><(%^"_!%&"_!*%)%&*£*"^%"_$!"><(%^"_!%&"_!*%)%&*£*"^%"_$!"><(%^"_!%&"_!*%

I agree mate ..

)%&*£*"^%"_$!"><(%

for sure ..

I've been trying to translate this in BabelFish, there seems to be no language match ????? :)

... very funny ... <_<

It's my :censor: :bleep: :censor: :bleep: :censor: :bleep: :censor: :bleep: :censor: :bleep: isp!

those :censor: :bleep: :censor: :bleep: :censor: :bleep: :censor: :bleep: :censor: :bleep:

translate that u scuts :P

-Z

... very funny ... <_<

It's my :censor: :bleep: :censor: :bleep: :censor: :bleep: :censor: :bleep: :censor: :bleep: isp!

those :censor: :bleep: :censor: :bleep: :censor: :bleep: :censor: :bleep: :censor: :bleep:

translate that u scuts :P

-Z

Hehe sorry mate couldnt resist :D

haha, np m8, it's all good, i'd be doin the same thing :D

really p's me off at times, cos i can't open up posts or submit em, seems to occur mostly on TOC forums. Usualy i check my posts after i've posted but some hav slipped thru l8ly... :o

-Z