Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6th Gen 1.8 St Celica Performance Parts And Mods

Fathomfew

Ok so I recently bought a 1998 1.8 ST Celica here in England which I believe is an import from Japan. I've been looking for performance parts for my car and have had almost no luck. Does anyone know where I can find them? I've been looking for lights, engine mods, exaughst systems the works. Are the parts for the 2.0 engine interchangeable?? Why are there so few parts out there for 6th gen Celicas???

Most mods are for the gt4 and gt, lights from the gt and gt4 will fit the st im pretty sure and exhausts for the gt would fit an st i think.

ya but i'm not finding a lot of lights for 6th gens at all tho thats the prob. I'm kinda contemplating an engine swap really. either that or just shelling out for a turbo system, but the only turbo kits i've found are for the GT... is it possible to put one on the 1.8 ST??

I think you will get the same reply from most people, if you are going to put a more powerful engine or turbo in your car then just buy a gt4, it will work out so much cheaper and its 4wd.

Fair enough and if I wanted a faster car I should just buy a supra or better yet a Porsche. Ok lemme narrow it down to this question. Will a gt4 engine fit in my St?

the celica gt4 is 4wd and yours is front wheel drive you have to think what ur going to do with the transmission drive shafts etc. You can pick a gt4 up for about 2500 maybe even cheaper in some cases for a decent one.

yes the gt4 engine will fit in , its the same sized car as the st205. people like you make me laugh . you go on about modding a st for gt4 performance and in the same breath state you'd of bought a supra or a porche if you wanted a faster car when given advice - obviously still reading max power mags. ;)

I was trying to be sarcastic that when I asked how to make MY car faster I was told to buy a faster car. I know it was a poor way of me asking and I'm sorry for that. I am grateful for the help guys. I love my celica and it's in amazing condition and I want to make it better, I'm just frustrated the lack of available parts. That's why I'm thinkng engine swap because the gt4 engine has plenty available. Plus it would give me a fun project :)

Don't think it will be an import as the !Removed! didn't do the 1.8 7AFE engine they had the 2.0 3SFE as the base model and the 2.0 3SGE as the GT model.

The ST is good for what it is, a fantastic looking sporty car, with a standard engine which provides good mpg but it's pointless to try and boost the power, the cost for power is far too great, you'd be cheaper to run both the one you've got and a GT4 rather than put a GT4 engine in yours.

The GT4 is 4wd, you'll be trying to put all that power through the front wheels, next the brakes aren't up to it on the ST, the suspension would also need upgrading. Then you've got to tell your insurance company.

If it's looks your after the spoiler fits as do most other parts from the higher models, I don't think the exhausts fit though from memory.

• 4 years later...

I have a toyota celica st 1997 and I have the preformance part you all want, giving your car 40+ bhp with economic, I hope this helps, any more help find me on facebook ( Anton Georgiou from bristol)

setting,http://www.tuningwizard.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=121&products_id=2139

• 3 weeks later...

Chips won't work for 40bhp!! You can turbo the 7afe engine though if that's what you have , 1.8 uk ST, can search the internet for that, there are some guides, along with how to install the 3sgte. If it's the import 3sfe you can DEFINETLY turbo it, as mine is :) neither that cheap but not too expensive either. if you want just a bit more poke, cheapest option by far in my opinion is sell and buy 6th gen GT , beams if you can :)

• 1 month later...

if u gonna swap the engine, go for a 3sge beams, why would any1 fit a 4wd engine in a fwd car?? u can turbo the 3sg engines, cheaply too, i had it explained to me, u need to be handy with the tools though, mr2 engine can be dropped in too, if u happy with the 1800, strut braces, suspension, anti sway bars, induction kits, pulleys , clutches etc are all on eBay, jujs takes 1 , a lot of looking, an 2, a lil knowledge what parts are transferable between dif models, havin similar problems with my st202, !Removed! to find tuning parts, but they are out there