Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Please Help Me

cwthomson

I have now been the proud owner of a CTS for 3 weeks and I'm lovin it. Hard to believe that my old Avensis 1.8 GLS had as many cc under the bonnet.

However there is no pleasure without pain.

You all know about the pleasure but the pain comes from the passenger seat when the speedo goes over the 70mph mark.

Unfortunately my other half does not appreciate the quote "sounds like a :censor: RAF Hercules constantly flying above the car :eek: "

Please help

lol, 2zzge engine in your car is an advanced engine that runs up to 8,300 rpm... It is loud in a sense of being fast and loud.

Exaust is making almost no noises.... There is nothing you can do since this is what the whole point of that car is.

Maybe new Avensis was a better choice for the lady? :)

the engine have a chain instead of a rubber timing belt, therefore it produces more noise.

but i think u mustof dun somthing to p1ss her off and now she givin u **** :D jk ;)

Guys,

Thanks for the reply, but I know what the car is all about.

All I was hoping for was some advice on how to dampen the sound a little from 3,500 to 5,000 revs.

also any advice for use of the TRC, I have not tested it properly yet.

THere was a mention about this on the forum about 6 months ago.Do a search I think that there was a different engine mount needed to solve the problem.Thats the only thing I hate about mine the drone about 4000 revs

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links