Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sr180

redeye666

Hi,

I am new to this forum and would just like to take this opportunity to say hello. As the title says I have just ordered a white 5 door SR180 but have 8 weeks wait for delivery of it worst luck :( This is not my first Auris though, 3 months ago I purchased a black 5 door 2.0d4d SR ( till some silly drink driver decided to plough into it and write it off) I really did like the car even though it did have a few faults - squeeky breaks (worse in reverse) and had the sloshing fuel noise and started getting rusty wheel nuts. I was wondering if any of these issues have been addressed? I am guessing the car I will be getting is not even built yet so may have in some way been revised / updated. I liked my last Auris so I am hoping this one will be as nice to drive as only tested a t180 dressed up like sr180 57 reg with the sunroof and push button start which I am told is slightly different to drive than an official SR180 is this true?. Any of you SR180 owners have any words of advice or tips please let me know :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redeye666

• OldSkoO1

• The Gooner

• boozehound

Hi,

I am new to this forum and would just like to take this opportunity to say hello. As the title says I have just ordered a white 5 door SR180 but have 8 weeks wait for delivery of it worst luck :( This is not my first Auris though, 3 months ago I purchased a black 5 door 2.0d4d SR ( till some silly drink driver decided to plough into it and write it off) I really did like the car even though it did have a few faults - squeeky breaks (worse in reverse) and had the sloshing fuel noise and started getting rusty wheel nuts. I was wondering if any of these issues have been addressed? I am guessing the car I will be getting is not even built yet so may have in some way been revised / updated. I liked my last Auris so I am hoping this one will be as nice to drive as only tested a t180 dressed up like sr180 57 reg with the sunroof and push button start which I am told is slightly different to drive than an official SR180 is this true?. Any of you SR180 owners have any words of advice or tips please let me know :D

Hi & welcome to the forum , i'm not an SR180 owner so can't help you there , but i can tell you that the new fix for the brake squeal seems to have worked , as my brakes have been very quiet ever since i had the new mod carried out , the sloshing fuel noise and rusty nuts still remain though , anyway hope you have better luck with your new ride , all the best :thumbsup:

Hi,

Hi I did it the other way round, test drove a SR180 and bought a T180 :D

The engine and gearbox are the same, so you will the same tourque power ect as you test driven.

I believe the SR180 is lower as standard than the T180 therefore you may find it handles a bit better.

Hope you enjoy it, it is very nice car.

Hi,

The engine and gearbox are the same, so you will the same tourque power ect as you test driven.

I believe the SR180 is lower as standard than the T180 therefore you may find it handles a bit better.

:o

Thanks for the replies,

I would have just replaced my car with another 2.0d SR but unfortunately Toyota have stopped making them, still the SR180 should be a bit more fun if the T180 is anything to go by . I really liked the keyless entry and push button start :D shame mine wont be coming with either of them.

I really should have asked the dealer a few more questions, will the SR180 come with optimal drive :unsure: not that I am even sure what that is lol :blush:

Optimal drive is just a couple of updates to engines that weren't that great on power, torque and co2. The new version just put the engines in line with the current opposition really.

The sr180 will still have sloshing at low speeds and the wheel nuts will probably still be the same.

sr180 is defiantly a lot more fun than the 2.0d engine, a lot more shove through the rev range. Looks awesome in white, wish i took the gamble back on 2007.

Hi,

Indeed, the SR180 is lowered 35mm all round with Toyota Motorsport Suspension.

Also has Mcphereson strut.

Handles very well and has so much torque its unbelievable.

I am very pleased with my car, although it doesnt have keyless entry or push button start.

I have it in Tacuma Grey (Metallic Gun Metal Grey) and it looks the Dogs !

Hope you enjoy it

Hi,

I am very pleased with my car, although it doesnt have keyless entry or push button start.

Hope you enjoy it

Mechanically T180 and SR180 are the same accept SR180 has lowered suspension, but T180 still has multilinks all round.

I think the SR180 looks nicer but T180 has better value for the kit as standard, I chose T180 because of this.

Either choice is good in my opinion, but it depends on if you want the looks or the kit at no extra cost. I chose kit! ;)

Hi,

Welcome i have sr1

Hi,

Welcome i have sr1

I like the pictures of your car, that is exactly the same as the one I test drove the other day, it says Sr180 on the Badge of the car but log book says T180. I guess you get the best of both worlds the looks of the SR180 and the gadgets of the T180 :D

Hi,

Hope you enjoy it

Mechanically T180 and SR180 are the same accept SR180 has lowered suspension, but T180 still has multilinks all round.

I think the SR180 looks nicer but T180 has better value for the kit as standard, I chose T180 because of this.

Either choice is good in my opinion, but it depends on if you want the looks or the kit at no extra cost. I chose kit! ;)

Same for me, I do like the look of the SR180, but Im a gadget freak.

I also like the keyless entry and push button start, also the wife likes the electric sunroof.

I am also trying to make my T180 look a bit more sportier, this week it is going in for the TTE rear spoiler and the rear skirt with stainless steal twin exhausts.

You will enjoy the S180 alot I would imagine, but bare in mind 180 horses come at acost on fuel consumption.

use wisely if you can :lol:

Hi,

Hope you enjoy it

I also like the keyless entry and push button start, also the wife likes the electric sunroof.

I am also trying to make my T180 look a bit more sportier, this week it is going in for the TTE rear spoiler and the rear skirt with stainless steal twin exhausts.

You will enjoy the S180 alot I would imagine, but bare in mind 180 horses come at acost on fuel consumption.

I am assuming I should see about 40mpg?? depending how right foot happy I am :unsure: - again assuming that it comes with the optimal drive that makes it marginally better on fuel now. What avg mpg are you seeing on the on board computer?

I am assuming I should see about 40mpg?? depending how right foot happy I am :unsure: - again assuming that it comes with the optimal drive that makes it marginally better on fuel now. What avg mpg are you seeing on the on board computer?

I'm one of the luckier ones apparently

I see about 40-45mpg combined depending on my journeys

Expect mid 30's around town but no definite figure as i dont really do much town driving.

And the obc is pessimistic in my experience by nearly 3mpg sometimes.

Some people here can only get 36mpg, most sit between 37mpg and 40mpg. Official being 45.6mpg. If its any consolation a lot of newer common rail diesels aren't getting close to their official combined either. Take the D5 engine in the Volvo c30, it is almost identical in specs to the 2.2 180 engine (so close i thought it must be the same engine) in every respect and on long term tests that is only returning an avg of 39.4mpg.

I'm one of the luckier ones apparently

I see about 40-45mpg combined depending on my journeys

Expect mid 30's around town but no definite figure as i dont really do much town driving.

And the obc is pessimistic in my experience by nearly 3mpg sometimes.

Some people here can only get 36mpg, most sit between 37mpg and 40mpg. Official being 45.6mpg. If its any consolation a lot of newer common rail diesels aren't getting close to their official combined either. Take the D5 engine in the Volvo c30, it is almost identical in specs to the 2.2 180 engine (so close i thought it must be the same engine) in every respect and on long term tests that is only returning an avg of 39.4mpg.

That's not bad at all then. I can live with that.

I have been told how true it is i'm not sure!! that as the engine gets above 30k and looser you also gain MPG. I never got that far in my last Auris to find out and that was my first diesel car so forgive me if I am completely wrong.

we get about 38mpg around town in the T180 most of the time and upto 45mpg on a run doing no more than 75mph

I have been told how true it is i'm not sure!! that as the engine gets above 30k and looser you also gain MPG. I never got that far in my last Auris to find out and that was my first diesel car so forgive me if I am completely wrong.

mine has now done 20k and the mpg is getting a little better but the weather is also getting warmer so not to sure on that one

we get about 38mpg around town in the T180 most of the time and upto 45mpg on a run doing no more than 75mph

Do you think I will see any improvement from this optimal drive malarkey or is it Toyota spin? <_<

Do you think I will see any improvement from this optimal drive malarkey or is it Toyota spin? <_<

no idea as I know nothing about it

As far as i am aware the optimal drive was introduced on the rest of the engine range like the pretrol 1.6ltr, 1.33ltr and the 2.0d (not sure if the auris has that yet though).

There is nothing special about optimal drive really as the petrols before hand weren't the most powerful and cleanest petrol engines anyway. The 1.6 lacked power and torque but wasn't that special on co2. Now The engines have more power / torque and i think emit less, so toyota now call it optimal drive. It just puts the engines into the same boat as most other manufacturers now regarding performance but toyota are calling it something special.

The t180 engine still has the same power / torque but i must check on co2 and MPG as it may have improved in the new avensis.

Hi,

Hope you enjoy it

My car has done a little over 500miles now and I am avering 33.5mpg at present.

I am still running it in and everything is tight si I am hoping rfor a vast improvement, plus, it is short journeys so far and I am quite a quick driver by nature so Iam not sure exactly how much better it will get

Hi,

Hope you enjoy it

I am still running it in and everything is tight si I am hoping rfor a vast improvement, plus, it is short journeys so far and I am quite a quick driver by nature so Iam not sure exactly how much better it will get

I have had mine for a year now and the best mpg ive had is 53mpg, But that was on a 80 mile journuey doing no more than 50mph ( I was following father in law in his Rolls Royce). On ave we get 33mpg with mostly town driving, the wife uses it more than me and she cant get the concept of not revving a diesel engine. When I drive around town ect I can get high 40mpg no prob, but you do have to be conservative, hardly going over 2000rpm.

Got the mods done on the back end as well now :D

After seeing this thread i decided to reset the fuel trip computer on my last fill up

Checked it when i got home today and its reading 45.2mpg; actually checked it before i got into town and it was reading 46.1mpg but after 15mins of aweful town traffic, lights, road works and queues it dropped.

Hi,

Hope you enjoy it

I have had mine for a year now and the best mpg ive had is 53mpg, But that was on a 80 mile journuey doing no more than 50mph ( I was following father in law in his Rolls Royce). On ave we get 33mpg with mostly town driving, the wife uses it more than me and she cant get the concept of not revving a diesel engine. When I drive around town ect I can get high 40mpg no prob, but you do have to be conservative, hardly going over 2000rpm.

Got the mods done on the back end as well now :D

Don't be shy lets see some pictures then :D

HELLO?!?!?! IS NO ONE ELSE SATISFIED WITH THE FULL TANK SLOSHING NOISE?!?!?! I get it in my mums sr180 rav4 lol

HELLO?!?!?! IS NO ONE ELSE SATISFIED WITH THE FULL TANK SLOSHING NOISE?!?!?! I get it in my mums sr180 rav4 lol
What is it such a big deal?