Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Powerloss/missing/hesistation - Newbiee Needs Help!

kaz219

Hi guys

My post before dissapeared so here goes again! lol

I own a 2005/55 Yaris 1.0 VVTi with 80k.

However, recently, its gone sluggish, doesnt pick up like it use to whilst acelerating - hesitates a good 10 secs before the power kicks in.

Diagnostic machine brought up injector no 3 which was changed but the fault is still there.

the garage checked the other injectors, coils, spark plug leads and spark plugs but everything seems ok.

What could be the cause :S

Thanks in advance!

Cheers :D

Hi guys

However, recently, its gone sluggish, doesnt pick up like it use to whilst acelerating - hesitates a good 10 secs before the power kicks in.

Diagnostic machine brought up injector no 3 which was changed but the fault is still there.

the garage checked the other injectors, coils, spark plug leads and spark plugs but everything seems ok.

Thanks in advance!

Daft question but has the air filter been changed?

Or there could be some crud in the throttle body os some troublesome little sensor playing up somewhere. :unsure:

Hi guys

Thanks in advance!

Daft question but has the air filter been changed?

Or there could be some crud in the throttle body os some troublesome little sensor playing up somewhere. :unsure:

That's what I was thinking actually :P

A new filter after a dirty one makes a world of difference.

£8 for your standard paper filter on eBay.

hey

i had the same on my yaris sr which had a drop in blitz air filter and it changed the way that the vvti worked so needed a new air filter and a new air flow meter!!!

get it checked out

:P

hey

i had the same on my yaris sr which had a drop in blitz air filter and it changed the way that the vvti worked so needed a new air filter and a new air flow meter!!!

get it checked out

:P

Strange that :huh: I've had a blitz filter in mine for nearly a year now, car runs perfect.