Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Seatbelts

Arshavin

Hi Guys

I am sure I read on here somewhere that there is a solution to the constant knocking of the rear seatbelts when not in use but I can't find it, it is quite annoying other than to keep them fastened when not in use any suggestions?

thanks

arshavin

read the manual, there is a admittingly very tiny cut/opening in the rear plastic panels, you slide the buckle (the metal bit) in here, and there you go.... they are fixed and don't rattle

I must admit it's annoying having to do that all the time I might put some cushioned fabric there so I don't have to B)

Hi Guys

I am sure I read on here somewhere that there is a solution to the constant knocking of the rear seatbelts when not in use but I can't find it, it is quite annoying other than to keep them fastened when not in use any suggestions?

thanks

arshavin

Hi

Mine drove me mad within the first 10 miles, tried to reposition the lock - to no avail.

So sadly I have made felt & velco covers for them - problem solved (but it should not have been a problem in the first place !)

regards Amy

Hi Guys

thanks

arshavin

Hi

Mine drove me mad within the first 10 miles, tried to reposition the lock - to no avail.

So sadly I have made felt & velco covers for them - problem solved (but it should not have been a problem in the first place !)

regards Amy

Make some more and market them imagine all the owners that will want some!!! :yes:

There is a small horizontal slot near the buckle. You have to twist the seat belt. Frankly its a real pain in the ***** and it looks a real mess

I believe there is a socket where you push the rear seat belt buckle into when not in use

I use the little slot for the seatbelts all the time.

Didn't know it was there at first and ever had a problem with them knocking but I do put the seats up and down alot and I find this keeps them nice and tidyly out of the way.

The rattling was driving my wife mad, so thanks for the post about the slots. All sorted. The twisted belts look odd, but anything is better than the rattle!

• 3 weeks later...

Here is one solution if you don't want to use the seat belt slots. Tesco sell a seat belt comfort pad at £2.93 each. Look in the car accessorie aisle. They are supposed to fit around the seatbelt to act as a cushion to stop the belt digging in to your chest. They are a soft material with a velcro strip wrap them around each rear seat belt buckle and velcro shut, problem solved. You could buy one and cut it in half and machine the cut end if you wanted to as they only need to cover an area just wider than the buckle.

One of mine also falls out the slot as soon as I go over any bump (knock knock knock) aarrgghhh so I just wrapped a bit of tape around buckle so it is a snugger fit now plus I dont use rear ones so never needs to be seen!

Jaine

• 2 months later...

Hi all. I know it's been two months since the last reply, but I'm another newbie so I've only recently found the forum. I hope you find my tip useful.

It's only a small niggle, but as the interior of the iQ is so beautifully designed, I find it irritating that the rear seatbelts are twisted when the unused buckles are inserted into the retaining slot. ;) post-80569-1248474960_thumb.jpg

I wanted it to look as neat as the rest of the car, so my solution was to buy a pack of ten Seat Belt Retaining Stop Buttons for £7.70 and fit one to each seatbelt. Now the buckle hangs just above the boot cover where it looks much tidier and doesn't knock the side. :) post-80569-1248474985_thumb.jpg

Regarding the front seatbelts, have you found yourself reaching through the small gap between the seat and pillar to find the buckle which is hidden out of sight. I have, and it also contributes to the scuffing marks on the pillar, so I used the same fix for the front seatbelts as well. Now the buckle is visible just over the shoulder and comes to hand very easily, and the pillar is less prone to scuffs too. post-80569-1248475020_thumb.jpg

If you fancy trying it for yourself, you could buy the special pliers for the job, but you should be fine with a standard pair of pliers to squeeze the two halves together. Just be careful as the small plastic spike on the male half of the button is easily broken - I broke two while fitting my four buttons. The only difficulty I found was squeezing the spike into the indent on the female button, so I put a tiny crosshead screw upsidedown on the spike first which worked very well.

Good luck with that, and thank you everyone for all the interesting posts and replies. Hope I can be as helpful.

Rob

Thanks for the post but I cant see what you mean from the photos? Or is it just me. :(

Hi Guys

thanks

arshavin

my quick solution is to simply rest the metal buckle on top of the boot cover. obviously this only work when you've got the seats down and the boot cover fixed.

Thanks for the post but I cant see what you mean from the photos? Or is it just me. :(

Hi Jaine,

Yes I should have had some close-ups of the buttons, so here they are. post-80569-1248519132_thumb.jpg

This is one in place holding the buckle higher up on the front seatbelt. post-80569-1248519149_thumb.jpg

And this shows both the original button lower down, and the new one near the top for comparison. post-80569-1248519157_thumb.jpg

Hope that's clearer now.

Rob

Now that is ace. Anyone wanna go halves on a pack as we wont need ten?

Jaine

Yep but the Netherlands here......any clue where to buy them?

Why do you need them just put the belt in the slot, it works fine !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep I agree put the seat belt in the slot provided and all is ok never had any problems so far no rattles and they stay where they are looks neater too

post-78958-1248544370_thumb.jpg

Yep I agree put the seat belt in the slot provided and all is ok never had any problems so far no rattles and they stay where they are looks neater too

this is what it looks like, simple.

this is what it looks like, simple.

Yes it is simple & as I said in an earlier post the passenger side one falls out the slot as soon as you go over a bump, I also dont think they look great twisted round so if I wish to use the retaining buttons then my choice.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no need for so many apostrophes really. :rolleyes:

Hi macabeus,

I just searched for them on ebay and found packs of 2 or 10, so I chose 10 so that I could do all four seatbelts. They also post to the Netherlands.

Even if other members are happy with the rear retaining slots, the buttons are still an ideal way of raising the front buckles to a more useful position.

Rob

Hi all. I know it's been two months since the last reply, but I'm another newbie so I've only recently found the forum. I hope you find my tip useful.

It's only a small niggle, but as the interior of the iQ is so beautifully designed, I find it irritating that the rear seatbelts are twisted when the unused buckles are inserted into the retaining slot. ;) post-80569-1248474960_thumb.jpg

I wanted it to look as neat as the rest of the car, so my solution was to buy a pack of ten Seat Belt Retaining Stop Buttons for £7.70 and fit one to each seatbelt. Now the buckle hangs just above the boot cover where it looks much tidier and doesn't knock the side. :) post-80569-1248474985_thumb.jpg

Regarding the front seatbelts, have you found yourself reaching through the small gap between the seat and pillar to find the buckle which is hidden out of sight. I have, and it also contributes to the scuffing marks on the pillar, so I used the same fix for the front seatbelts as well. Now the buckle is visible just over the shoulder and comes to hand very easily, and the pillar is less prone to scuffs too. post-80569-1248475020_thumb.jpg

If you fancy trying it for yourself, you could buy the special pliers for the job, but you should be fine with a standard pair of pliers to squeeze the two halves together. Just be careful as the small plastic spike on the male half of the button is easily broken - I broke two while fitting my four buttons. The only difficulty I found was squeezing the spike into the indent on the female button, so I put a tiny crosshead screw upsidedown on the spike first which worked very well.

Good luck with that, and thank you everyone for all the interesting posts and replies. Hope I can be as helpful.

Rob

Mr T does them, part number 73219-02010 I believe, about £1 ish each, but they would need to be ordered.

I have asked Kingo to get me some.