Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dealer

T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S.

How are you all getting on with your Toyota Dealers?

I have not included any judgements in the following (and have not named any individuals or even the Dealer) but would be interested to hear what everyone thinks.

When I booked my Aygo in for a service at my local Toyota Dealer, the Technical Adviser inspected it as I had mentioned that one of the fog lamp retaining screws was rusty. He said a replacement screw would be ordered and he recommended an end of warranty inspection which could be booked on the last day of the warranty.

The service was booked for 27th April and the price quoted for the service was £100. The person who booked it in for me confirmed that the total cost of the service would definitely not exceed £100. I was advised that the screw would be replaced on the day of the service.

I telephoned the dealer to arrange for the end of warranty inspection and spoke to the bookings clerk again and she said “You need to book in by April 12th. How about April 16th?”

“That’s after the 12th isn’t it?” I answered.

“How about the 10th?”

“OK” I said and booked for 11:00am.

I phoned my dealer next day and was put through to the bookings clerk and told her “April 10th is Good Friday. Are you sure that will be OK?”

“If we’re closed we will phone you and tell you.”

On Good Friday I began trying to get through to my dealer shortly after 9:00. At about 9:40 I got through and was told that my car was not booked it and that there were “only 3 technical staff”.

I said I wasn’t impressed with the customer services and asked if I had missed the chance of an end of warranty inspection. The bookings clerk was one of the persons who had the day off but the person who took my call managed to book my car in for later that day. I was so relieved that I had not driven there without phoning first.

I drove there after lunch and my car was inspected and washed.

The car was serviced as booked – no problem with the booking. I was phoned a few days in advance to confirm the booking. When the service had been completed I was informed that the charge was £138. I immediately argued that I was told it would be £100. “Did that include engine flushing?” I was asked.

I said engine flushing had not been mentioned and repeated that the agreed total was £100. The clerk said she would speak to the bookings clerk (who had indicated £100) – unfortunately she was on the phone. The fee for flushing was cancelled and I paid a total of £103.70. The computer system was down and the fee which I was promised could not be checked.

I said that the rusty screw had not been replaced and I was told “When you didn’t come back the day after the new screw was ordered the screw was used for something else.”

I responded that I was told the screw would be fitted the same day as the service. Of course, as the system was down this could not be checked – but a new screw would be ordered and I will be phoned in a few days.

My dealer phoned today on my home phone while I was at work.

Hi There.

I cannot mention my dealer as errrrm........

Anyway, I can't mention the name.

I value my health.

After waiting many years to make a sensible choice of a new car,

I decided on a new Aygo.

the whole experience has been completely spoiled by crap

Toyota Main Dealer (Lack of) Service.

The car is fine but......

I will NEVER NEVER EVER buy another new Toyota as I don't trust the dealer network.

As well as them ripping me off at every oportunity, the jobs are never done correctly.

TERRIBLE !

I WILL RUBBISH THEM & SLAG THEM OFF AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY I GET !

IT'S ALL THEY DESERVE !

Ian.

Main Dealer I purchased car from - won't be going back.

Authorised Service dealer who fitted my TTE springs, and have answered any queries I have had - Very HAPPY with.

Mention the dealer, they might even come here and answer the comments.

After mentioning them earlier,

it was strongly suggested that

I remove all comments.

Somebody seemed very upset about it.

I value my health.

STILL THINK THEY'RE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF.

CHECK THAT ALL WORK YOU'VE BEEN CHARGED FOR

HAS BEEN CARRIED OUT !

Our local dealer has been excellent.

Faulty water pump resulted in a bit of a spat with a junior member of staff over a courtesy car, but once we spoke to someone who could make a decision a hire car was provided and our car was fixed quicker than we were quoted.

I'm looking for a replacement for the A3 and a Skoda Octavia appealed - I've visited three times to two different dealers and the severe lack of dealer knowledge of what they are selling has put me off the brand.

If anyone suspects garages are charging for work not carried out Trading Standards should be informed.

I knew most dealers where like this anyway after talking to a few family members who have worked in garages. Also worked in a couple of main dealers myself and most of the above was confirmed.

Im not saying all dealers are like this but 1 of the 2 I worked at did try and rip the customer off as much as possible.

Ive also found myself with my local Toyota dealer that they dont seem to be that knowledgable

So because of all this ive only ever taken my car back for warranty work and carried out other things myself like servicing

I knew most dealers where like this anyway after talking to a few family members who have worked in garages. Also worked in a couple of main dealers myself and most of the above was confirmed.

Im not saying all dealers are like this but 1 of the 2 I worked at did try and rip the customer off as much as possible.

Ive also found myself with my local Toyota dealer that they dont seem to be that knowledgable

So because of all this ive only ever taken my car back for warranty work and carried out other things myself like servicing

Whilst every one is slagging off Toyota dealers, let me make a comment about NORTH ROAD GARAGE Builth Wells. Every single member of staff is friendly, helpful, courteous and efficient. I have bought three Toyotas from them in recent years, used them for servicing and warranty work, and have never had any reason other than to be completely satisfied.

Even the service staff personal show an interest in promoting car sales, and a test drive was arranged for me by them when the sales staff were otherwise occupied.

Its not just Toyota dealers. I would say its pretty much the majority of main dealers, of course there are going to be the exceptions where there is good service. Its a shame that most dealers seem to be the opposite though. If the majority gave the same service as you state above I am sure it would greatly benefit them.

Considering how much main dealers charge in comparison to non main dealers the customer service and standard of work carried out should be second to none. I know if I was in charge of a main dealer/whole car company I would be doing my upmost to make sure this is the case, since after all its affecting the brand as a whole

Its not just Toyota dealers. I would say its pretty much the majority of main dealers...

Thanks, have you been to the majority of main dealers ???

I run a sales team for a main dealer who regularly get strong CSI reports from our customers, comments like this do pee me off as we do try.

Yes little things, and on occasion big things go wrong which I prefer as you always hear about them as they can't be hidden but and it's a big but, a sales staff are made up from guys and gals like you and me who do on occasion make mistakes, after all were not perfect.

What most customers do tend not to do is let the sales manager know if theres a minor niggle! If I don't know that one of my customers are not completely satisfied then how the hell am I going to try and come to a satisfactory solution for both parties?

Rather than post derogatory comments about the motor industry don't comment on the alleged majority unless you have first hand experience on the majority!!

I had my Aygo Blue 10000 mile service performed by Dingles in Lowestoft.I booked it on Monday for a Friday service. They phoned me on Wednesday to confirm the price and offer engine flush. I declined the flush and the screen wash top-up.They phoned again on Thursday to remind me of the service booked for the following day and said that they no longer give a courtesy wash with interim service. Friday I took my car in and it was done in about 2 hours, they had also washed the car and hoovered the inside. When I went to the counter to pay the bill, I was sat down with a cup of coffee and the service person talked me through what had been done and went through tyre depths etc. And all for a tad over £81. So as has been said some dealers are better than others.

Greigster

Its not just Toyota dealers. I would say its pretty much the majority of main dealers...

I run a sales team for a main dealer who regularly get strong CSI reports from our customers, comments like this do pee me off as we do try.

Yes little things, and on occasion big things go wrong which I prefer as you always hear about them as they can't be hidden but and it's a big but, a sales staff are made up from guys and gals like you and me who do on occasion make mistakes, after all were not perfect.

What most customers do tend not to do is let the sales manager know if theres a minor niggle! If I don't know that one of my customers are not completely satisfied then how the hell am I going to try and come to a satisfactory solution for both parties?

Rather than post derogatory comments about the motor industry don't comment on the alleged majority unless you have first hand experience on the majority!!

The problem is that there sometimes there are not minor niggles, there are huge big screw ups and considering the amount of money you guys charge per hour that should not happen. From personal experience of main dealers I have had terrible service from a Vauxhall garage, average service from the Toyota garage and excellent service from the Mercedes garage.

My local independent I have been going to on and off for many a year never seems to have little things go wrong or caused me little niggles so perhaps they are all perfect!

Regards

Andy

"excellent service from the Mercedes garage"

Well done to you. I'd never buy a Mercedes due to bad experiences with an MB dealer. Just shows it depends on the staff at the dealership and not the marque.

Firstly, fair play to you, it sounds like where you work you actually care about the customer. All main dealers need to respect customers use there hard earned cash to pay over the top main dealer prices and expect the best service possible.

I was posting my opinion which is the point of a forum, its upto others if they wish to agree/take any notice. Ive had first hand experience of poor service, not on a big scale I admit. However I know people who have had many years experience and have come across a lot of main dealers like this, but also a few non main dealers aswell, since I am not excusing them in the matter.

I think this is the main reason people come to main dealers and they trust them rather than going to a 'back street garage' (as most people perceive them) so therefore expect very good service and near to no trouble at all

It doesnt bother me too much as I know they wont be getting my money, but I feel sorry for all the people who get the bad service, seems to be more and more as time goes on

"excellent service from the Mercedes garage"

Well done to you. I'd never buy a Mercedes due to bad experiences with an MB dealer. Just shows it depends on the staff at the dealership and not the marque.

Given your last sentence how do you justify your second?

I won't buy Mercedes again because of their dodgy electronics and sensors :D

Regards

Andy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links