Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Plan.

Unklian

Another rip-off scheme......

Long story short......

Took AYGO in for 2nd service.

Took out service plan (Paid up front, cash)

For 2nd, 3rd & 4th services.

Collected car, not serviced properly. returned car, Still not done properly.

Decided to go elsewhere for servicing......Now the trouble starts.

3 days after paying for the service plan, I try to cancel it.

Phone not good enough, I have to cancel by letter & email.

emailed & sent letter. Telephoned 15 days later.

Cancellation fee is £25.00 so I lose cost of first service AND £25.00

OK, just glad to be out of Toyota Network.

Cheque arrives today in envelope with no stamp on "£1.30 please"

They have deducted another £25.00......

So, Badly done 2nd service which amounted to an oil & filter change, nothing else

until I moaned about stuff not being done has cost me.....

£215.00

Much wiser now its too late, I will not pay for any work untill I have checked it has been done.

Service plan is administered by a 3rd party company so Toyota won't back you up. Convenient!

PUT OFF TOYOTA FOR LIFE BY ALL THIS *****.

WILL NEVER TOUCH ONE AGAIN WITH A STICK.

THOUGHT THE AYGO WAS GREAT BUT IT COMES WITH TOYOTA ***** ALL THE WAY.

NEVER AGAIN !!!!

The Service plan administrators have a lovely web site with loads of rave reviews......

All of them from dealers. They seem really happy with the money they're making.

That type of service would put you off Toyotas for life. It's a sad fact that practically all main dealers, regardless of the marque they are selling, charge big money for sh*t workmanship and service. Our previous toyota, a corolla, was serviced at the main dealer where it was purchased, and I checked it afterwards to find all the fluids overfilled, including a half litre too much oil! I suspected that the oil was never actually changed and accused the dealership owner of this who got quite shirty. Should have put a tippex mark on the filter...

Needless to say, I bought the next two cars(wifes current car and my aygo) at another main dealer. So far so good. Excellent service from sales, and first service on wifes car seemed fine, including follow-up phone call to check everything all right.

However, when the cars are out of warranty, I'll probably do most of the service work myself, as at least then you know its been done right, and not half done by some spotty apprentice who doesn't know one end of a dipstick from the other. Plus the costs are much lower!

Toyota in Ireland seem customer focussed, feedback questionaires, phone contact, etc. Sounds like this is not the same in the UK?

There are huge differences between service and dealerships. In Finland Toyota has been very good on service and I have been extremely happy with my dealer and also the service people.

My previous car (not a Toyota) was serviced on four different garages, service was from bad to worse to good, it really depends who is the one on the desk and who is repairing the car. Even with the bad service once or twice I would not have changed to another car model as I liked the car than. And if bad service would happen now I would most definetely not abandon Toyota as Aygo has been so great to drive! I would not judge the car maker on the basis of local service or dealers.

But it is just plain wrong to get bad service, especially now with the difficult times.

However, when the cars are out of warranty, I'll probably do most of the service work myself, as at least then you know its been done right, and not half done by some spotty apprentice who doesn't know one end of a dipstick from the other. Plus the costs are much lower!

My exact thought.

I've always done this with my bikes.

Kept full records of every penny spent and photographed all work.

Last bike sold for way above book price.

The winning bidder could see I actually "cared" about the work being done properly.

Family members who have previously had nothing but praise for Toyota have changed their minds

due to my experiences and are now suspicious of all work carried out. They shouldn't have to be.

I STILL THINK TOYOTA DEALERSHIPS ARE NOW ***** AND RUINING THE REPUTATION BUILT UP OVER THE YEARS.

It sounds to me like you've got a bad dealership as I'm sure PartsKing will back me up. I'm not 100% on Toyota's SP but am sure it can't be to different to the Nissan one.

A service Plan with a good dealership will be a very good thing, if the market goes !Removed! up the easiest way to get more money into the dealership is to put service prices up, by taking out a SP your locking the prices to current prices and what should be done is all the required and recommended work as stated in the service book, so you should be fully covered. If you have received a less than satisfactory service from a Dealer havce a chat with the service advisors and if you get no joy there deman to speak to the Service Manager!

Service Plans do work and are a great way of budgeting your costs, it is down to your Dealership to ensure that the work is done carried out and you shouldn't need to check that everything in the service book has been completed, you could always ask to look at the job card to check what has/hasn't been done.

It sounds to me like you've got a bad dealership as I'm sure PartsKing will back me up. I'm not 100% on Toyota's SP but am sure it can't be to different to the Nissan one.

Service Plans do work and are a great way of budgeting your costs, it is down to your Dealership to ensure that the work is done carried out and you shouldn't need to check that everything in the service book has been completed, you could always ask to look at the job card to check what has/hasn't been done.

I've just phoned the administrators for the service plan......

"Where is my £24.45 Please?"

"All funds are retained by the dealer Sir."

"It must be them who have deducted your money for some reason."

So, I paid my money to a Toyota Main Dealer up front for 3 services

and he has all my money so......How do the Service Plan administrators make their money?

MORE LIES AND APPALLING SERVICE FROM TOYOTA MAIN DEALERS THEN.

I'M NOT SUPRISED.

Aygo is fun but its the dealers that make me laugh!

TBH I have not come accroass a customer who has paid in full, most take advantage of the 0% DD option which is paid to the SP company (maybe different for Nissan Dealers), if it is the Dealer that has withheld your money I would draft a letter and send it to both the Dealer Principal of the Dealership and the Complaints Department for the group to start with. The Complaints procedure details will be clearly identified on the Initial Disclosure Document you recieved with your order form (the form that lists the Dealerships FSA status, products sold etc).

If that gets you nowhere I would be writing to Head Office.

Most dealerships take customer satisfaction extremely seriously, I will speak in person to any customer (new or used) who has a query (luckily not many complaints) to clarify any issues and try and come to a happy resolution! I would be surprised if they do nothing as the service you say was not completed properly would have a job card so that they can invoice work carried out and would be backed up by the requirements in your service book!

TBH I have not come accroass a customer who has paid in full,

Most dealerships take customer satisfaction extremely seriously, I will speak in person to any customer (new or used) who has a query (luckily not many complaints) to clarify any issues and try and come to a happy resolution! I would be surprised if they do nothing as the service you say was not completed properly would have a job card so that they can invoice work carried out and would be backed up by the requirements in your service book!

I'll try to be diplomatic and not upset anybody......

Flush from selling a bike, I paid in full.

Various parts of the service hadn't been carried out.

"It's so clean & shiny, the Technician thought it was its first service"

The service book was then stamped......At the side of the 1st service stamp.

Mainly, brake fluid not changed. Service sheet had been modified to say the work didn't need

to be done at this service. £165.00 2nd service, pretty much just an oil & filter change had been done.

After complaining, the brake fluid was changed but clumsilly and all the rubber protective caps

were ripped off and holed. Brake fluid all over rear back plates, front callipers and backs of wheels.

Not a massive problem I admit but just a lack of pride & care in somebody's work.

I don't work like that. I expect better.

I can stand to the £25.00 loss but it pisses me off.

My childish revenge is to slag the dealer off at every opportunity.

(I did write to Toyota head office who replied instantly and said they take stuff like this very seriously

and would investigate......a month ago......)

Send a another letter to HO stating that you mailed them on 'x' date and there would be an investigation and ask how the investigation has progressed as nothing has been heard in writing.