Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Boat Has Finally Docked

michelp

Hello all.

So, after 10 years, 4 smart cars and a few months delay from Toyota (no explanation to why still...)

I am now the "proud" owner of a Toyota IQ 2

Its automatic its white and it has all the expensive bits and bobs. Even cheap plastic strips pretending to be metal. mmm nice.

So, after all the hysteria, I can now confirm the the seats are made of real leather (too bad for the cows) and, they look good. Well worth the money.

But as the other half was saying, you are sitting on them and not in them. This could be because they are new. Time will tell.

The interior looks good and very spacious. As for those scratches on the door panel mentioned a few million times in this forum I found the best way is not to look at the door panels ever ever ever.......EVER

and, why oh why Toyota did not have those huge side mirrors folding automatically when you start and stop the car.??????

This is a very wide car after all.

Sat Nav works a treat however Toyota has decided to write in a horrible white lettering that the system plays CS MP3 various cards etc. etc ..etc who cares!

Now, here is a little trick for Toyota Designers, because you have 2000 fonts on your system does not mean that you have to use them all on one product. It just looks cheap and horrible.

So, it plays USB Sticks wonderfully. but despite a huge display it can only display about 8 or ten characters of the file from the stick . So if you have multiples cd/m3 of the same artist , it is a pain to find the CD you are looking for unless you rename all the files and shorten things so you have the artist and name of the cd within those 10 characters. This could be fixed with an update

Having said all this, the sat nav is excellent. well worth the money I would say.

Issues like the seat belts at the back are just a jock. I remember having just picked up the car and wondering where was all this racket coming from at the “back”. Mind you, so many things are rattling in this car, you will barely need the radio. The boot is perfect for the trip to the off licence and the 3 bottles of white

The ride is excellent, Very roomy. Perfect for a quick 2 pm nap.

Petrol consumption seems Ok so far. mind you, I only drove in London.

It feels much safer than the Smart car and I will say that it is possible to have 4 adults with legs attached to them in the car at the same time. So there

This is a very clever car but it feels more like a nice PC and not a Mac if you see what I mean. Too many really little annoying things seem to spoil it. and frankly, all of them should have been fixed before releasing the car.

It is a nice car and in a way much better than the Smart. car. The turning circle is just perfect for annoying Black cabs. The keyless entry is just fab, the stroking of the door a bit pervy. I love it.

But, It just does not have the charm or the funkiness of a Smart car.

it certainly is not an Ipod of a car .

Toyota, you have me for now but, for how long?

Very nice review. I presume it's puny engine still managers to make driving fun because of how light and nible it could be?

Toyota will never be an Apple. For example an iPod does everything perfectly apart from the most inportant part... the sound quality.

I hope you are right with your comment Yohan007 that the Toyota will never be an Apple, my experience's of Apple's I-pod is that they last about 2 years and then die, requiring the outlay of buying another. Give me a Sony NWhd5 anyday!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links