Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm Gonna Smash Up My Uk Gt

Nippon

Got in it to go to work this morning.......all brakes frozen solid again......left with handbrake off and in gear but now it was the opposite of last time when they were locked on......this time I had no brakes....very safe in the current snowy weather......

Snow....a godsend.......cos I'm gonna try my best and write the f :censor: n car off tonight on the way home.......out of all the cars I've had this is the first one where I've had this problem......and it's p :censor: d me off once to many.........

Now to find myself a nice wall.....

I hate MR2s.....or maybe it's just UK speccers......cos my import still never misses a beat...the wife just jumped in it this morning and drove off.......aarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhh :ffs:

*****, I hope ur ok on the way home. I've got snow aswell and I've got to make my way to work -

car is perfect though.

Dont mean to aggrivate you but mine is a UK spec rev3 and it went like a little dream this morning. No frozen brakes etc. There;s got to be a problem there somewhere coz the brakes shouldnt fail just coz its cold :blink:

Anyone had the problem where the doors are frozen shut? I had to get in the passenger side once <_<

Only other problem I have had is where the handbrake was stuck on for a short while.

Anyone had the problem where the doors are frozen shut? I had to get in the passenger side once <_<

Only other problem I have had is where the handbrake was stuck on for a short while.

Hehe now this DOES happen to me. Im worried that the door glass is gonna tear the rubber around the door coz its frozen to it.

The other thing that gets me is the pain shooting through your frozen fingers as you try and prize the door open :D

PS: It must have been a bit tricky getting across the raised centre part to the drivers seat - or are you really little? ;)

Dont mean to aggrivate you but mine is a UK spec rev3 and it went like a little dream this morning.  No frozen brakes etc.  There;s got to be a problem there somewhere coz the brakes shouldnt fail just coz its cold  :blink:

I can't see what the problem could be tho'...wierd thing is that my Jap car never has this problem.....just the UK one.....and all of the brake components are brand new.......maybe it was just to cold with too much moisture in the air.........

I have wrought iron railings on the front of my house and the gate was frozen shut too I had to pour boiling water over the latch to get out....it must just be too cold.....

Oh and yeah my doors freeze shut too........

It will be something to do with your handbrake cables. The same thing happens to me..the handbrake wont go up(better than stuck on imo heh) but it loosens up in 5 min. The door on mine also gets frozen shut but I just put warm water over it..easy.

!Removed! can build 'em,.......geordies can't! :lol:

(toyota uk is still in newcastle aint it?,.....if not, sorry geordies wayay)!

!Removed! can build 'em,.......geordies can't! :lol:

That's the best reason I've heard yet......and it makes the most sense.......

So keep your eyes peeled there may be a UK GT car ready for breaking tomorrow with heavy front end damage !! :thumbsup:

LOL at nippon, Wanna swap your mr2 for a Gti 16 ? i dont mind having problems with cars except the Rolla doesnt give me any !? just feel like a change....

!Removed! can build 'em,.......geordies can't!  :lol:

I thought it was the Nissan plant (Washington)that is located near Newcastle.

I think the Toyota plant is near Derby............way aye man!! :D

my doors were nearly frozen shut.. have to give them a good pull !

As for Hbrake..... make sure everyone gets thiers greased up for the cold weather !

my keyhole's frozen! dunno bout the doors but possibly them too.

U better hurry up and tes tthe remote locker/unlcoker things snake :P, it looks like it gonna be REALLY helpful in this weather !

-Z

Yep my doors have frozen before. I think it because there are no door frames as such, so the glass just sticks to the rubber.

never had any of above probs with my uk except frozens window / seal interface. GT85 in the key holes stops :thumbsup: em freezing also park with the car in gear hand brake off. (you should also do this after you've been ragging it)

my keyhole's frozen! dunno bout the doors but possibly them too.

U better hurry up and tes tthe remote locker/unlcoker things snake :P, it looks like it gonna be REALLY helpful in this weather !

-Z

Damn straight! I was thinking the same thing at 7:00 this morning when I was trying to defrost my keylock in the dark. Its been sent, so with any luck it should be back by tomorrow :thumbsup:

PS: +-=/@#][}\|^&$"$)(&%"^%"(*%""&(%("£ ;)

yeah...

It's all hi-tech nowadays.... we even have these things where you press a button your car unlocks ... ooooooh .... lol :P

bah!

@)(P}(*@P(@%}(@%}&:(:L{^">^$&£}*?$}(":^*:^)*&&^$^"&

:P

hehe, i know i'm stuck in the dark ages w. key lock on my 2, but i just couldnt be ****d searchin for a decent remote device. Snakes ordered one and if its any good i'll be gettin the same, so just waitin for his to arrive then get sorted.

-Z

...and once you have it, you won't know how you ever coped without it :)

So how did you get these with your 2?

Was it part of the alarm system fitted on your car?

yeh mine unlocks with the alarm/immob doofer.......helpfull too cos my boot never shuts first try... and it barks at you when you lock it B)

My doors took some persuation to egt em undone earlier.......they lost though :D (as did the snowman someone cunningly constructed behind my car last night <_<

Frozen hand brake cables are a common problem on some older MR2's. My car suffered from it badly when I first got the car, but I've since replaced the cables with a new set and never had the problem again.

For the time they take to fit, it's well worth replacing them

Keylocks, what are you.... stuck in the dark ages!?

true

must admit, ive NEVER used my key to open the door of my 2.

was a different story only 3 years ago when i used to have to climb in the boot of my :censor: old mk1 fiesta to get in! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links