Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have You Ever Given A Gift To Your Salesman?

TheNissanMan

Rewarding good service...  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever given a gift to your salesman/woman?

• Yes
    • No
    • Never really thought to...

There's been a couple of posts about bad service on here recently but what about the good service?

This week I've personally recieved 4 bottles of wine, a single malt, and a case of stella which considering I don't actually sell anymore is amazing and deeply appreciated, as I do have some new members to the team I have been helping them and being frontline so to speak). So has anyone on here given anything to the person who sold them the car to say thank you after recieving good service ?

It can't all be bad can it?

Yes.

Their commission ;)

Yes. I am now retired, but when I was in action every Christmas my Postman, Oil Delivery men, Binmen & the driver who brought my Dry Cleaning supplies every month & piled them in their proper place always got a "Brown Envelope"

It was a two way thing. I got away with a few overloaded bins :o & if I ran short would get oil or supplies at a moments notice :thumbsup:

Treat people as decently as you can & they will return the compliment. The other way round, I never had to buy in a stock of wine for Christmas, either. It mightn't always have been what I would have chosen, but it never went to waste. A mortal sin, that would have been :lol::cheers:

Yes. I am now retired, but when I was in action every Christmas my Postman, Oil Delivery men, Binmen & the driver who brought my Dry Cleaning supplies every month & piled them in their proper place always got a "Brown Envelope"

It was a two way thing. I got away with a few overloaded bins :o & if I ran short would get oil or supplies at a moments notice :thumbsup:

Treat people as decently as you can & they will return the compliment. The other way round, I never had to buy in a stock of wine for Christmas, either. It mightn't always have been what I would have chosen, but it never went to waste. A mortal sin, that would have been :lol::cheers:

So where is my envelope ? :unsure:

So where is my envelope ? :unsure:

It's in the post, registered & insured for value of contents :ermm: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I've had a a tenner in my top pocket, biscuits and a bunch of flowers, every little hepled when the basic salary was £3,500 (1998) :lol: ;) It got better over the years

If I occasionally bump into my friendly Toyota salesman when out socially I would always buy him a pint :thumbsup:

The only thing i wanted to give my sales manager was a smack in the mouth , and i would have done if it was possible to do so without the fear of arrest , what a scumbag , reward , don't make me laugh , oddly enougth the bloke was moved on soon after i sent in my customer survey form .

No I haven't, don't seem to get service of such a standard to deserve a gift.

Was daft enough to buy GAP insurance on my last car, the commission from that probably bought the guy enough money for a night out!

No, but I was surprised when the salesman called me to wish me a happy birthday! I wasn't in, so he left it on my voice mail at work. Bought the car in November, and my birthday was in March. I figured he would have forgotten all about me by then!

I voted 'no' but on reflection I must say 'Yes'.... I give them two words.... "Thank you".

They do a job and get paid for it, I see no reason to give someone a physical gift for simply doing their job :huh:

I provided a service when I was a fireman and in my present job I provide a service.... never do I or did I ever want a gift, a simple 'thank you' was always enough :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links