Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sz Performance Figures?

fcuk1_6

I currently drive a scooby WRX with sti engine but have been offered a swap for a manual supra N/A SZ, I love the look of the Supra but going from the scooby I'm worried the non turbo will be too slow.

I've done various searches for performance figures but can't find any official figures for the N/A manual, I know the bhp is 225 which is some way down on the scooby but I can't find 0-60 and/or max speed, can anyone help?

N/A Manual is going to be around 5.5-6secs 0-60, N/A Auto is in the high 6's low 7's 0-60. So if its 0-60 thats important to you then your better off sticking with the scoob.

The way i look at the supra is its not actually the 0-60 that makes the car what it is (although its what most people think about as the manual turbos are sometimes claimed to be as quick as 4.6secs 0-60). Its about the way it drives, the way it corners and the way it eats up the motorway.

Its a GT Cruiser. More for top speed than standing starts. And when you come to a corner it just feels like no other car i can think of. I mean its not as light as my Esprit or as grippy as my GT4's but i think i can only best describe it as like driving an arrow. It just seems to be one of those cars you point in a direction and it effortlessly goes there smoothly with no fuss. Hard to explain, but if you've driven one then you'll know what i mean. It just eats up the road. Its the driving equavalent of drinking a pint of Guinness...

The Scooby and the Supra are obviously very different cars, I did use to have a 200sx S14 running 245bhp which if the supra is equal to I'd probably be happy enough but I think the power to weight of even that puts the supra to shame (S14 is about 1250kg, supras 1450kg odd and about 20bhp less powerfull). The 0-60 of 5.5-6.0 seems quick in comparison to the S14 which was listed as about a second slower in standard (197bhp) form.

It's all about cornering finesse and handling... not outright straight line performance or sheer mechanical grip ;)

If you can’t differentiate between road holding and handling, stick to the Subaru.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry seen this forum and had to say ...

I own a GT4, same sorta rank as a "scooby" rally pedigree . And my mum owns a 300zx, same sorta rank as a supra GT cruiser.

Luckily i don't have to decide :) but i would rather have my gt4 anyday for the agile 4x4 grip. However, if i was driving motorways all the time, you can't beat a big mountain of torque like the 300's or supra's etc.

Your choice, completely different cars. I know i would pick the supra though as in MY opinion it looks better, less supra's than scoobs. Plus, its a toyota :)

• 1 month later...

Well decided to go with a big GT after all but ended up goin for a Soarer TT rather than Supra N/A, just couldn't do without a turbo, lol.

Show us some pictures then please dude :) , always liked Soarers myself

Edit.... just seen your pictures in your welcome thread.... very nice

Great cars, very underated.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wish it was a manual, not cheap for the conversion either :(

Not expensive if you do it yourself :) Im going through the same thing with my Supra right now, junking the auto for a manual.