Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ive Killed It......

Mint_sauce

well, i was driving down the road to pick my friends ps3 up from his house, and drove back again,

on the way back, i herd a very weird noise.....

so got back lifted the bonnet up, to check and see if everything was ok....

all seemed fine

left the engine running, so just blipped the throttle slightly, and it suddenly sounded like a diesel for all of 2 secsond, then it went back to normal.

i suddenly thought to check the oil, as it could be sounding like that due to the lack of oil...

so check it....

nothing....

not even registering on the dipstick..

so i put what i had left in the engine (about a pint) and left it to all drain o the bottom of the engine.

just checked it, and still nothing, im not moving it till i have some more oil in it, dont worry about that...

its weird as i checked the oil a month back and there was the right level....

where has it all gone.

my thoughts are that the head gasket has gone... as there is a slight bit of oil around the exhaust manifold, but im not sure.....

there isnt any oil in the top of the rad, so its not getting into there...

and there isnt exactly what id say to be a serious amount of oil down the back of the engine.....

:(

same here dude, i checked my celica about 2 weeks ago and checked it last night, lost alot within 2 weeks.

have u checked if its leaving oil patches from the sump, have a good check rub your hand round the sump and areas might be a sump gasket.

hope that helps mate :)

same here dude, i checked my celica about 2 weeks ago and checked it last night, lost alot within 2 weeks.

have u checked if its leaving oil patches from the sump, have a good check rub your hand round the sump and areas might be a sump gasket.

hope that helps mate :)

theres nothing on the sump :(

its completly dry.

:S

hmm, do you do alot of miles? in the week or month?

not loads, ive driven up to uni, and to my gfs since i last checked it, thats about 200 miles....

thats and just a few miles at home, cus i didnt have enought money for fuel :P

its confusing

thats kinda strange might wanna pop down a garage on tuesday to have it checked

thats kinda strange might wanna pop down a garage on tuesday to have it checked

thats what i was going to do.

go to the garage that my gf's rents use, and see what they say. if i need ne work doing, i can get my normal mechanic to do it, as hes cheeep, and does a good job...

it is a stange one tho.....

Was the engine warm or cold when you checked the oil?

Was the engine warm or cold when you checked the oil?

warm, but i left it too cool over night, after adding a pint to it, and still nothing.....

2 stupid questions ;)

Is there a creamy deposit on your oil filler cap ?

What does the coolant in your reservoir look like? If it is discoloured & smells of oil, then that is where it is going-Head gasket :(

2 stupid questions ;)

Is there a creamy deposit on your oil filler cap ?

What does the coolant in your reservoir look like? If it is discoloured & smells of oil, then that is where it is going-Head gasket :(

theres like a gunge rite in the top of the oil filler cap......

and the coolant is normal coloured, and just smells weird, not of oil, just werid :P

could it be that its buring oil, like the piston rings have gone?

:sick: White creamy gunge on the filler cap usually means that your Head Gasket is gone. Water from the cooling system getting into the engine + if your coolant smells wrong, that is another sign. Probably not too bad yet, but won't get better :(

It could go rapidly & let you down. Best bring it to a Garage & have it tested, just to be sure.

I've been there & done that & didn't like what the T-shirt cost :(

:sick: White creamy gunge on the filler cap usually means that your Head Gasket is gone. Water from the cooling system getting into the engine + if your coolant smells wrong, that is another sign. Probably not too bad yet, but won't get better :(

It could go rapidly & let you down. Best bring it to a Garage & have it tested, just to be sure.

I've been there & done that & didn't like what the T-shirt cost :(

the head went on my last car, not badly, but it still ended up going......

and its a black gunge, not white...

and it doesnt smell like oil tho, it does smell like coolent.....

im going to the garage tomorrow morning to have it looked at....

ill let you know what they say :-\

Sad news :(

However aren't the 1.6 VVTI's prone to this issue as the mileage increases past 40k? All gone in 200 miles seems a bit extreme.

Sad news :(

However aren't the 1.6 VVTI's prone to this issue as the mileage increases past 40k? All gone in 200 miles seems a bit extreme.

thats what i thought

well

i took it into the garage yesterday, and they said, use engine flush, to clean out all the crud in the engine, and then chain the oil, and filter, and keep an eye o it, makine sure to see if it is leaking out anywer.

so it took me a total of 4 hours, yes 4!!! to do the oil change yesterday (3 hours spent under the car trying to get the old oil filer off :( ) but it finally was done, so ill be keeping an eye on it...

also clenaed the dipstick cus it had crud on it aswell.

hope the engine flush has worked.

ALSO

does anyone know if the stuff that you can buy for your engine after it has done 75,000 miles works???

was looking at it yesyerday, when i was buying the engine flush.

does anyone know if the stuff that you can buy for your engine after it has done 75,000 miles works???

Do you mean a Toyota replacement engine?? ;) :lol:

A what? :huh:

Replace a Toyota engine?? As if that would ever happen! :lol:

Maybe on Mercedes but deffo not on Toyota's :P

:lol2:

A what? :huh:

Replace a Toyota engine?? As if that would ever happen! :lol:

Maybe on Mercedes but deffo not on Toyota's :P

:lol2:

A short replacement engine Gaz..............as the many Corollas with oil burning problems needed under extended warranty...................Unfortunately even Toyotas do have problems :(

Shh! :shutit:

:lol: ;)

You used to be able to get an Additive and I'm damned if I can remember the name , now. It was widely used & increased the viscosity of your engine oil, reducing wear & increasing Engine Life.

I put it in my Norton ES2 & had to get the engine stripped & cleaned out by the Main Agents :( It worked ok in cars, though.

No help, as I haven't seen it for a while.

I can't see how an oil change, flush & filter change will cure that amount of oil loss. The oil must be going somewhere, & there shouldn't be crud on the filler cap & dipstick. Mine is 18 years old & clean as a whistle, not using oil & 133.000 on the clock.

You used to be able to get an Additive and I'm damned if I can remember the name , now. It was widely used & increased the viscosity of your engine oil, reducing wear & increasing Engine Life.

I put it in my Norton ES2 & had to get the engine stripped & cleaned out by the Main Agents :( It worked ok in cars, though.

I can't see how an oil change, flush & filter change will cure that amount of oil loss. The oil must be going somewhere, & there shouldn't be crud on the filler cap & dipstick. Mine is 18 years old & clean as a whistle, not using oil & 133.000 on the clock.

Are you thinking of STP.............(Scientifically Treated Petroleum)

I used that in my old Austin A40 years ago.......................It really quietened the engine and reduced oil consumption :thumbsup:

I do not know if it is still available or what it might do to a modern engine :eek:

noo, its just this £75k+ stuff from halfrauds, that was £5 a bottle......

and im keeping an eye on the oil to see if it is eating it, if it is, im going to take it to the local mechanic that i normally use (im currently at gf's)

but the crud on the oil filler cab was realy old oil sludge :S and there was just burnt on oil on the dipstick, so i just cleaned the stuff off, to see if anything else is going to gater on there...

and hopefully not replaceing the engine, as if it comes to that, it will be sold for spares/repair, and ill buy a l200, or hilux.......

im getting one after x-mas anyways.... unfortunatly :-\

noo, its just this £75k+ stuff from halfrauds, that was £5 a bottle......

and im keeping an eye on the oil to see if it is eating it, if it is, im going to take it to the local mechanic that i normally use (im currently at gf's)

but the crud on the oil filler cab was realy old oil sludge :S and there was just burnt on oil on the dipstick, so i just cleaned the stuff off, to see if anything else is going to gater on there...

and hopefully not replaceing the engine, as if it comes to that, it will be sold for spares/repair, and ill buy a l200, or hilux.......

im getting one after x-mas anyways.... unfortunatly :-\

Best of luck, Mate :thumbsup: (Not meant sarcastically :D )

Are you thinking of STP.............(Scientifically Treated Petroleum)

I used that in my old Austin A40 years ago.......................It really quietened the engine and reduced oil consumption :thumbsup:

I do not know if it is still available or what it might do to a modern engine :eek:

That is the stuff. Thanks Steve :thumbsup: Trying to get the name was driving me crazy :wacko: I used it too, in a couple of Morris Minors & in a couple of Mk2 Jags. Worked a treat. Probably gone the way of Naval Jelly & red Lead :(

Naval Jelly, i think your on the wrong forum old boy :lol: ;)