Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grumpy Old Sod Site

Bizarra

Before even going through it thoroughly, these two quotations caught my eye & seem to be all too true :( :angry:

When government doesn't agree with the people,

it's time to change the people - Bertolt Brecht

The best way to take control over a people and control them

utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode

rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible

reductions. In this way the people will not see those rights

and freedoms being removed until past the point at which

these changes cannot be reversed - Adolf Hitler

See http://www.grumpyoldsod.com/index.asp Thanks to Dave_m :thumbsup:

Before even going through it thoroughly, these two qoutations caught my eye & seem to be all too true :( :angry:

3. You can't carry celery when attending a Chelsea match ..... Want a bet :lol: They've tried to stop us ever since Cesc Fabrigas got showered by the stuff down by the corner flag once ...Rumour has it though that Fabrigas was seen taking some home after the match to use on his partner :lol2: All together now.. celery celery if she don't !Removed! i'll tickle her bum with a lump of celery , ( CHORUS ) celery celery

Before even going through it thoroughly, these two qoutations caught my eye & seem to be all too true :( :angry:

3. You can't carry celery when attending a Chelsea match ..... Want a bet :lol: They've tried to stop us ever since Cesc Fabrigas got showered by the stuff down by the corner flag once ...Rumour has it though that Fabrigas was seen taking some home after the match to use on his partner :lol2: All together now.. celery celery if she don't cum i'll tickle her bum with a lump of celery , ( CHORUS ) celery celery

You have just spoiled my illusions :bash::chair::laughing: & here was I thinking that all Footballers were Studs, who didn't need "celery" or other Appliances :blushing: unlike mere Mortals. Maybe it applies only to Chelsea players :bag: :lol2:

It's got nothing to do with the site, but your quotes reminded me of this one:

Good evening, London. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine- the security of the familiar, the tranquillity of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, thereby those important events of the past usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, a celebration of a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this November the 5th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat. There are of course those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. Last night I sought to end that silence. Last night I destroyed the Old Bailey, to remind this country of what it has forgotten. More than four hundred years ago a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you then I would suggest you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me one year from tonight, outside the gates of Parliament, and together we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever be forgot.

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

V

Very true, Em, & if you have ever read the description of the state of Guy Fawkes when he was brought out for execution ( a merciful release :( ) you would be sickened :sick:

In passing, it is scary to read to whom the 2nd[ & very true today], quote, I posted is attributed

Very true, Em, & if you have ever read the description of the state of Guy Fawkes when he was brought out for execution ( a merciful release :( ) you would be sickened :sick:

In passing, it is scary to read to whom the 2nd[ & very true today], quote, I posted is attributed

He tried and failed thank God, people like him must never be given power again.

:oops:

He tried and failed thank God, people like him must never be given power again.

I agree :thumbsup: but no one deserved what they did to him while awaiting execution :sick:

Reread & edited :oops: I see now that you were referring to Hitler. 1st read I thought it was Guy Fawkes. Totally agree about Hitler, but what he said in the quote is taking place , daily :help2:

3. You can't carry celery when attending a Chelsea match ..... Want a bet :lol: They've tried to stop us ever since Cesc Fabrigas got showered by the stuff down by the corner flag once ...Rumour has it though that Fabrigas was seen taking some home after the match to use on his partner :lol2: All together now.. celery celery if she don't !Removed! i'll tickle her bum with a lump of celery , ( CHORUS ) celery celery

You have just spoiled my illusions :bash::chair::laughing: & here was I thinking that all Footballers were Studs, who didn't need "celery" or other Appliances :blushing: unlike mere Mortals. Maybe it applies only to Chelsea players :bag: :lol2:

Or Cesc Fabrigas :backofnet::laughing:

Hi Em. I forgot to congratulate you on the brilliant use of Alliteration in your post :thumbsup:

I have no doubt whatsoever that it is all original :unsure::lol:

Before even going through it thoroughly, these two quotations caught my eye & seem to be all too true :( :angry:

Below is yet another example of the government chipping away at our rights , the government seems hell bent on pushing ahead with the I-D scheme wether anyone wants it or not , and they are attempting to get it through via the back door by offering it on a voluntry basis initially , wether you agree with I-D Cards or not , it should always remain the personal choice of every individual , however if this governments track record is anything to go by it won't be long before we are all forced to carry them anyway , it will be interesting to learn peoples thoughts on the subject :thumbsup:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8035002.stm

Just thinking wether i should have posted my post above as a new topic & members be given the chance to vote on wether they agree with ID cards or not ?.

If any mods agree can you please amend my post accordingly . Thanks

Chelsea fans have never been blessed with a good imagination, hence why they sing such rubbish. Viva John Terry ;)

Below is yet another example of the government chipping away at our rights , the government seems hell bent on pushing ahead with the I-D scheme wether anyone wants it or not , and they are attempting to get it through via the back door by offering it on a voluntry basis initially , wether you agree with I-D Cards or not , it should always remain the personal choice of every individual , however if this governments track record is anything to go by it won't be long before we are all forced to carry them anyway , it will be interesting to learn peoples thoughts on the subject :thumbsup:

The next logical (?) step, logical to Government any way, is voluntary microchipping, then non voluntary & performed @ birth :angry: They do it to dogs & cats & possibly cattle. :unsure: Come the Revolution, there won't be enough Lampposts :hang:

The next logical (?) step, logical to Government any way, is voluntary microchipping, then non voluntary & performed @ birth :angry: They do it to dogs & cats & possibly cattle. :unsure: Come the Revolution, there won't be enough Lampposts :hang:

But we've got lots of walls...

True :thumbsup: They will do the job, but it won't look as aesthetic as a neat row of Politicians hanging in a row from a Street (Main preferably - the Strand?) lined with elegant Lamposts :naughty::laughing:

Government is the rule of the people by the Ungovernable :saddam:

True :thumbsup: They will do the job, but it won't look as aesthetic as a neat row of Politicians hanging in a row from a Street (Main preferably - the Strand?) lined with elegant Lamposts :naughty::laughing:

I was thinking along the lines of a quick bullet and a large bonfire :P

I was thinking along the lines of a quick bullet and a large bonfire :P

Sounds good to me :2guns::yes::band::laughing::laughing: