Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Towing With 2.5 Mark6

mooney1

just been to york with caravan icould not believe how much the truck struggled on just the slightest of hills so the truck has to go for the 3ltr

just been to york with caravan icould not believe how much the truck struggled on just the slightest of hills so the truck has to go for the 3ltr

dont get the auto, ive lost count the amount of times ive boiled the transmission fluid in mine even towing light loads..........or empty :angry:

dont get the auto, ive lost count the amount of times ive boiled the transmission fluid in mine even towing light loads..........or empty :angry:

thanks for that gabbo i woz gunna ask about the pros n cons

my recommendation would be to buy a 4.0v6 www.sampsonsltd.com (speak to Adam tell him gabbo suggested you ring) and get him to fit an LPG. It'll be loads cheaper than running the 3.0d4d :thumbsup:

I've done 45k in my 3.0 auto - regularly tow a couple of tons. Used on and off road and lots of motorway work at high speed. NEVER had any probs with my tranny boiling or anything - Also running Gabbo's old 200bhp chip.

Sure your box must have had issues Gabbo ......

The auto is quite a bit more thirsty tho' :angry:

Same here.......tow a 3 tonn cherry picker regular and never had problem.........

Can you get the 4.0V6 over here or is it an import?

Like the site you linked to..........is the SR-V a foreign Hilux? Looks like a Hilux.

I've done 45k in my 3.0 auto - regularly tow a couple of tons. Used on and off road and lots of motorway work at high speed. NEVER had any probs with my tranny boiling or anything - Also running Gabbo's old 200bhp chip.

Sure your box must have had issues Gabbo ......

The auto is quite a bit more thirsty tho' :angry:

yeah i think you're right, torque converter i think as it doesnt like changing up at high speed, sticks at 95(kph obviously) and makes a strange noise, turning the radio up helps tho :D

Same here.......tow a 3 tonn cherry picker regular and never had problem.........

Can you get the 4.0V6 over here or is it an import?

Like the site you linked to..........is the SR-V a foreign Hilux? Looks like a Hilux.

It is an import, but TBH they look identical, give Adam a buzz Im sure he'll be up for a deal, but dont go and see him, his workshop and stores is a wallet hurting environment!!! B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links