Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Glovebox Dvd

huddsy

hi all, was wondering if someone could shed some light on the glovebox mounted dvd player fitted in my new corolla verso T180

what i am wondering is what the sd card slot and usb connection do...what is their purpose?

also is the player region coded?

looking to fit a ps2 as well,have ordered a 12v dc adaptor to power it,anything else i should be aware of ?

also i doubt that the headphones are going to be with the car when i get it (had to fight to get the remote!!!)...i didnt realise they where the only way to hear whats on screen ! so where is the best place to get 3 pairs and do they need to be anything specific or just Ir types?

many thanks

huddsy

hi all, was wondering if someone could shed some light on the glovebox mounted dvd player fitted in my new corolla verso T180

what i am wondering is what the sd card slot and usb connection do...what is their purpose?

looking to fit a ps2 as well,have ordered a 12v dc adaptor to power it,anything else i should be aware of ?

also i doubt that the headphones are going to be with the car when i get it (had to fight to get the remote!!!)...i didnt realise they where the only way to hear whats on screen ! so where is the best place to get 3 pairs and do they need to be anything specific or just Ir types?

many thanks

huddsy

I thought the Toyota one was fitted under the seat.... are you sure it's not an aftermarket one?

Pete

i pick the car up tommorrow then i can have a detailed look but it has toyota branded screens in the headrests so thought it all the same and was just coz it was an 08 model and had been placed differently to older models

mmmh ..got me thinkin now...anyway if it has only been resited and is the same unit anyone got any ideas about the usb port and the sd card slot?

thanks

sean

i pick the car up tommorrow then i can have a detailed look but it has toyota branded screens in the headrests so thought it all the same and was just coz it was an 08 model and had been placed differently to older models

mmmh ..got me thinkin now...anyway if it has only been resited and is the same unit anyone got any ideas about the usb port and the sd card slot?

thanks

sean

The usb port is for memory sticks. I loaded a memory stick with movies and you can watch the usb on one screen and either dvd or aux on the other. Not sure what the sd slot is for, but im sure its just another way of watching films. As for headphones.. you should get 2 sets with the car, if you don't i would kick off before you sign for the car.

Ah, my dvd is under the drivers seat, but thats a bit impractical with young kids....

Firstly they managed to kick the metal protective front panel off, then you still need to get down to the unit when changing discs etc.

I was just looking at the Toyota website and unless I am mistaken, its not an option on the new verso.... :(

Plenty of other dumb inclusions in the spirit , rear view camera?

I just want a decent stereo & the ICE/dvd for when I have the kids for long journeys..... ho hum....

I thought the Toyota one was fitted under the seat.... are you sure it's not an aftermarket one?

Pete

Mines a 58 plate and it's located in the glove box.

Clearly the best place for it and judging by past posts I suspect it was resited by Toyota in more recent vehicles due to the notoriously poor access under the seat and complaints as a consequence.

Have a look at

http://www.in-car-stuff.com/shop/infra-cor...hones-p-71.html

They're a fraction of the Toyota or any other manufacturers price.......

many thanks

huddsy

Hi,

I have a 58 reg Verso T180 with the glovebox mounted DVD. As already said, the SD and USB slots allow you to copy movies or music to either media and play them through the headrest mounted screens. With regards to headphones, I have a two year old son and he could not keep the Toyota one's on his head so I purchased a pair of Venturer IR headphones from Halfords at a cost of £15.99. These may not look super cool but work fine and are better for him (it also doesn't matter if he trashes them in the coming months.

The best way of using the system I have found is to convert movies onto my iPod (via Cucusoft software purchased on the web). This takes an image of a DVD so copyright is not an issue (not advocating that you copy DVD's you don't own). I have a compsite lead which used the red, white and yellow sockets located in the storage behind the handbrake and play all movies in this way. The great thing about this is that I don't need to carry DVD's and when you pause a movie on iPod, it keeps the position for a later viewing. I can also change movies on my own as I don'e need to get into the glovebox.

On the ICE front, the standard stereo is rubbish but I have overcome this by purchasing a very discreet subwoofer that sits in the boot (Pioneer TS-WX77a). This is a flat subwoofer which still allows you to put luggage or buggies on top. This is not designed to blast the windows out but reinforces the overall sound to give added depth that is missing from the standard system. It is held in by straps so is easily removed if I need to use the third row. I was quoted over £300 by Toyota to fit the optional under seat sub but was able to purchase and fit the Pioneer for £240 - and it is a much better unit.

I am now happy with the sound and vision in my Verso - but it is a shame that Toyota seem to think that just because you have bought a small people carrier that you won't want to listen to a reasonable quality of sound.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

excellent idea about the ipod !....... will be setting up the ipod touch today then,these forums are so good for gettin ideas etc lol

also can anyone shed any light if you can use more than 2 headphones,im thinking not because the channels will clash and nothing but white noise may occur but im not 100% sure

thanks for all the replies btw,just starting to get to grips with the 180 now,hooked up the ps2 and sorted the dvd,not over impressed with the economy but its a 2.2 turbo so its a case of training the mrs's right foot i think !..keep trying to get her to leave the trip comp on the display ,but she prefers to know what time it is !!!!!

taking it down to wembley this weekend for playoff finals so will be getting to grips with the cruise control,and other bits,see how i get on

cheers

sean

• 1 month later...

You say you can only listen to the unit over headphones.

I am not sure if you are aware of this, but you can have a connects2 kit fitted. This will use the CD-Changer input to allow you to use an AUX input. http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product...artno=CTVTYX002

In practical terms: you'll have a wee wire with a small headphone plug sitting in your glove compartment, you can plug it into any headphone output.

Your DVD-player can easily be used to play music over the car-stereo and the sound of the movies can be played over the stereo as well (if you do not want to hear it in front you can turn the front loudspeakers down) This connect2 will allow you to play sound over the head-unit. You can still use volume control on the wheel and switch inputs (FM,AM,CD, CD-Changer). I had mine fitted at Halfords, they even had one unit in stock. The connect2 kits sell for about £33.95 but Halfords will try to charge more. Fitting should be possible for £20.

Hope this helps.

excellent idea about the ipod !....... will be setting up the ipod touch today then,these forums are so good for gettin ideas etc lol

also can anyone shed any light if you can use more than 2 headphones,im thinking not because the channels will clash and nothing but white noise may occur but im not 100% sure

thanks for all the replies btw,just starting to get to grips with the 180 now,hooked up the ps2 and sorted the dvd,not over impressed with the economy but its a 2.2 turbo so its a case of training the mrs's right foot i think !..keep trying to get her to leave the trip comp on the display ,but she prefers to know what time it is !!!!!

taking it down to wembley this weekend for playoff finals so will be getting to grips with the cruise control,and other bits,see how i get on

cheers

sean

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links