Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange Marks On Alloys - Help Please?!

paulmurray33

Hi all

I bought some Lenso Riezen alloys for my Celica and ive not kerbed them at all, clean them at leats every 2 weeks and they keep developing strange marks on them that just wont come off - photos attached - any ideas anyone please?????

Ive also attached a pic of them on the car and they look great - the marks are only visible closeish but i dont like them!!

Thanks

Paul

post-61405-1241782117_thumb.jpg

post-61405-1241782146_thumb.jpg

post-61405-1241782416_thumb.jpg

Looks like the finish is coming off. If you run your finger nail across the marks are they under or over the original wheel finish?

Looks like the finish is coming off. If you run your finger nail across the marks are they under or over the original wheel finish?

Definitely under - i only bought these in Sept 08 for £800 and these marks started to appear back end of last year...should this be expected?

If the Rims have a polished and lacquered finish..yes. I had exactly the same problem in 2004. New RSGT Rims fitted in September, and by January moisture had found its way under the lacquer. These type of Rims are only suitable for Summer use, unfortunately the suppliers don't tell you this :angry:

If the Rims have a polished and lacquered finish..yes. I had exactly the same problem in 2004. New RSGT Rims fitted in September, and by January moisture had found its way under the lacquer. These type of Rims are only suitable for Summer use, unfortunately the suppliers don't tell you this :angry:

Do these look like they are polished and lacquered finish? Im not sure if they have - is there any way to tell?

unfortunatly the materials that are put together to make the alloys are porus, once water gets into them it starts to bubble, however this does take longer than the lenght of time you have had them. the damage looks quite deep

Did they come with any kind of warranty at all? As ajcluck said that looks bad considering you've only had them a few months.

I would agree it looks like the laquer has moisture under it and polished alloy is becoming dull / dark grey

If no joy with supplier you could always polish the small area with an abrasive polish

Autosol metal polish to remove laquer and repolish area to a shine finish, then respray with clear laquer once you have shine back.

Problem will probably return, but constant attention can keep them looking good fairly easy if you dont let them get too bad.

Used to do alloy on motorbike this way, looked great but spent hours polishing and repolishing

Then they made a dremmil -a hand held electric polisher.

unfortunatly the materials that are put together to make the alloys are porus, once water gets into them it starts to bubble, however this does take longer than the lenght of time you have had them. the damage looks quite deep

Im going to ring the supplier although it was a god awful service to start off with so im not expecting any help off them at all....

Looks like a casting issue to me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links