Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Spark Plugs For An 03 1.6vvti

TAF

As per title, just wondering what you guys advise... im not looking for performance gains, just dont mind spending extra for a little more quality and econemy...

Also from what ive read, 5w30 semi is the advised oil?? either that or 10w40? any one use anything else?? ive seen Mobil 1 0w40 in costco for £25 odd is that over kill???

I use 0W40 in my T-Sport, Unsure whether it's a good choice for the 1.6?

Sparg Plugs won't give you any performance gains anyway really... I use NGK anyways.

Typically it's the life of the plug. So long as plugs are sparking ok then an expensive one will give you no benefit over a cheap one. It should erode at a slower rate though meaning that they need gapping less frequently. Also so long as the temperature range is suitable getting high temperature racing plugs will also give you no benefit. The temperature range has to be high enough to burn off cabon but cool enough to prevent damage to the plug.

Any reputable manufacturer (NGK/DENSO/Champion etc.) that does a plug of the correct range will be ok

ive got 5W30 in mine, as i checked the charts out and thats what it said to run in it..

was think bout getting some completly syntetic, but decided against that..

id say go with the recommended stuff, and go for miller 5w30 (if they make it) as they have done tests, had the engine taken apart again, and there was still the original score marks on the inside of the bock that get put in on the production line....

thats how good it is :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links