Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uk Scrappage Scheme - May 2009.

AygoYugo

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AygoYugo

• Darth Sabre

• ewen1605

• andrewfq

Been reading this for a while but this is my first post. I'm picking up my poverty spec Aygo next Sunday after trading in my 15yr old Saab 9000 Turbo. I'm looking forward to getting my first new car. I'm glad I missed the recent price rise, I was caught out by the last one by 2 days!

Although I'll miss the speed of the Saab I am looking forward to trebling my fuel economy :)

Been reading this for a while but this is my first post. I'm picking up my poverty spec Aygo next Sunday after trading in my 15yr old Saab 9000 Turbo. I'm looking forward to getting my first new car.

Good Luck ! :thumbsup:

As I mentioned before, I would certainly invest in a can of:

GUNK ENGINE LAQUER & PROTECTOR - 5 quid from Halfords.

CLICK ME

I used it under the bonnet on day one and its kept all the damp off the electrics.

Been reading this for a while but this is my first post. I'm picking up my poverty spec Aygo next Sunday after trading in my 15yr old Saab 9000 Turbo. I'm looking forward to getting my first new car.

Good Luck ! :thumbsup:

As I mentioned before, I would certainly invest in a can of:

GUNK ENGINE LAQUER & PROTECTOR - 5 quid from Halfords.

CLICK ME

I used it under the bonnet on day one and its kept all the damp off the electrics.

Thanks.. I'll look into that. Picked the car up today. I guess I'm now a real member of the club

• 2 weeks later...
Price rises are in line with Toyota's competitors, the range still represents excellent value for money.

Really??? - I'm not sure that I would part with 9 grand for a Blue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BBC:

''Second-hand cars are gaining rather than depreciating in value due to a shortage in supply.

CAP Motor Research Ltd, which provides valuation data to the UK car industry, said the

usual 15%-a-year depreciation of used car prices has been reversed.

Companies delaying replacing their fleets and the government scrappage scheme

has led to a shortage in supply.

In 2009 the average family car has increased in value by about £600.'' :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Good news that the UK Government has extended the scrappage scheme to

cover an extra 100,000 vehicles. :thumbsup:

An Aygo deal must represent one of the largest percentage discounts.

• 2 months later...
Price rises are in line with Toyota's competitors, the range still represents excellent value for money. The following went up in price on 1st August. You might be suprised to hear that Ford have increased their prices 3 times this year, and their core volume models have gone up on average 22%

2009 Aygo +£280

2009 Yaris +£280

2009 Auris +£300

New Avensis +£400

All confirmed customer orders, placed up until 31st July will be at old price, if you sign up for one tomorrow, it will be at new price

Kingo :thumbsup:

The price must have gone up again...

3 door manual Blue = 9294 pounds - soon to increase again with VAT. :(

The Scrappage Scheme is now pretty much pointless as as manufacturers have consistently raise their list prices accordingly and are no doubt making more money out of the same car - conveniently blaming exchange rates etc. to (like the Oil companies) increase their profit margins.

The Govt. should have come up with a percentage contribution from the manufacturer to ensure any list price rises would be negated. That would have kept the Manufacturer Contribution proportionate to any price rises they might have sought to benefit from.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links