Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uk Scrappage Scheme - May 2009.

AygoYugo

No not yet - later this week.

It's at the dealers now but apparantly they need a couple of working days to do

some pre-delivery checks in the workshop, a final polish and number plates etc.

I had a choice of about 50 registration plates, none were really significant so I chose

the one I found easiest to remember.

The scrapper is running on petrol fumes now and I'm removing 11 years of junk! :D

I haven't even got to the registration plate stage yet!

Would like to have a choice... then I can think of a name for the car (I'm sad like that) depending on what the registration plate is. :lol:

Don't want the garage to choose a plate for me :(

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AygoYugo

• Darth Sabre

• ewen1605

• andrewfq

Because Toyota have slipped in a couple of price increases since I did my

scrappage deal with them, my insurance man wants a bit extra so that I'm

insured on todays list price of 8695 pounds for a 3 door manual Aygo Blue,

rather than the 6200 pounds that I'm paying with scrappage.

Fully comp insurance will now cost me 230 pounds for the year but I forgot

to ask what excess I would have to pay in the event of a claim.

What kind of money are you guys paying for insurance ? :o

£1100

Had two claims last year, hence my premium being sky high.

Jesus - that is a bit steep ! :(

P.S. my excess...

I would have to pay the first £120 of any claim. B)

I've paid £280 for my V6 which is group 15, but that includes a lot of stuff like personal accident insurance for all drivers on my premium and me in other cards.

So I'm hoping that when I phone up to get the insurance on the Aygo, I'll get a nice rebate seeing as it's group 1. Mind you, I suppose they'll charge me for numerous things in changing my policy.... <_<

Just received my cheque from Her Maj's Government for cashing in my road tax.£61 for 4 months worth and it took about 3 weeks.

That's nearly two tankfuls or about 800 miles of driving (or road tax till 2013). :thumbsup:

Just received my cheque from Her Maj's Government for cashing in my road tax.

£61 for 4 months worth and it took about 3 weeks.

That's nearly two tankfuls or about 800 miles of driving (or road tax till 2013). :thumbsup:

DAMN.....and all I'll get is a tenner !!! :(

Still, I'm claiming it and I've downloaded the correct refund form from the internet. :thumbsup:

Hello all - Just found the forum a few days back and got registered. I have taken advantage of the scrappage too, am waving goodbye to my 11 year old Vectra and have a 5 door black coming :D Delivery date 29th June which means a wait of about 7 - 8 weeks. . .not too bad as the original delivery wait was 11 - 12 weeks.

Looking forward to low running costs (gotta love that road tax! :P ) and hopefully no leaks :eek:

Welcome to the forums! :D

7-8 weeks isn't all that bad, most people are getting 10-11 weeks as a delvery estimate now.

Regarding leaks, only time will tell! The nice weather hasn't helped to determine if leaks are a problem on the 2009 model :unsure:

JUST GOT MY COLLECTION DATE!

TUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSDAY!!

:yahoo:

Welcome Aboard & Good Luck to all new owners!

:laughing:

Sadly didn't get to choose the registration plate, but to be honest that's not particularly important, just as long as we didn't get "PO09" as the first part! Dealer has told us it will start "D?09" like most of the other cars at the garage.

Ahhhh four days! I can't wait! Then again, I have a dentist appointment that morning - wahhhh I don't like the dentist. He's really scary :lol:

Damn... There are FIVE WHOLE MILES ON THE CLOCK ! ! ! :angry:

Nevermind - it was only rolling road tested. :thumbsup:

:laughing:

Sadly didn't get to choose the registration plate, but to be honest that's not particularly important, just as long as we didn't get "PO09" as the first part! Dealer has told us it will start "D?09" like most of the other cars at the garage.

Ahhhh four days! I can't wait! Then again, I have a dentist appointment that morning - wahhhh I don't like the dentist. He's really scary :lol:

You'll go in after your root canal or whatever you are having. Dealer will think you are a bit subdued and think you aren't excited as you really are. :D

Remeber those pictures. :thumbsup:

Just a check-up :)

Going to pick up the car at 4pm on Tuesday (or around then)

Dealer rang with registration plate this morning, have to think of a name for the car now. Our cars have names, you see :P

Photos most likely on Wednesday!

Ive yet to name my we Aygo... although i have referenced it as Dinky more than once ¬_¬

Ours many end up being called Derek. Don't ask me why, the name just popped up!

I've just finished the Ghostbusters game on my PS3 and watched the film the other night on BluRay....might call mine Ecto. :lol:

Don't be put off by the Aygo's list of faults. My Aygo is coming up for 2 years old (25000 miles) and has been water tight up to now. Just this week I have noticed water gathering inboard of the seals at the bottom of the doors. When I open the door, the water runs out. No doubt before long the leak will be bad enough to come into the footwell. I am also experiencing piston slap and the clutch is very soggy.

Despite this I still like the car. It has character which is missing from most modern cars especially budget ones. It reminds me of my Hillman Imp, full of faults but a laugh a minute to drive.

I would say "go for it" but don't expect trouble free motoring. There's always the three year warranty to take advantage of.

i had that issue with my polo the water was collecting on the inside sill i part up on a kerb. My garage fixed the problem as it was some screw under the door that was just abit loose and as the water came down the door it was hitting the head of it and collecting. Hope that helps

Well it's very nippy for a 1000cc engine - not that I thrash my motors. :thumbsup:

No sign of any water getting inside but it does collect and remain

on the OUTSIDE of the boot door rubber. :angry:

Everyone comments on how nice the BLUE looks, specially in sunshine

when the sun catches all the metallic specs. :thumbsup:

Looks like we did our scrappage deals at the right time...

Ford has announced a £600 increase on several models. :crybaby:

I'm already thinking about getting rid of my 09 reg Aygo Blue...

For a 10 reg Aygo Blue :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links