Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uk Scrappage Scheme - May 2009.

AygoYugo

Picked it up last night.

Got one of those heart keyrings (very nice). Came with about £15 of fuel and a year's tax on it. Will put pictures up when I get a chance.

Glad I got the style pack. I saw someone picking up their Blue and it was just a bog standard. Seeing those fog lamp holes looking all empty made me sad.

Quite a nice, raspy engine. Air-con is lovely. bluetooth works a treat. Have driven it at nearly every opportunity.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AygoYugo

• Darth Sabre

• ewen1605

• andrewfq

I've been offered a drive in my friend's Aygo Blue, but I am worried that if I take him up on the offer, I might end up stealing the car. :D

On another note, the prices on the website seemed to have changed again.

It looks like Toyota have extended their scrappage offers until 30th September 2009.

The Blue list price has gone up by just 20 quid - I can't see the point :unsure:

...but at least it improves the value of our asset :thumbsup:

A three year old Blue in 2012 should fetch 4800 pounds. (45 percent depreciation)

Thats awsome, my near 4yr old £11995 Polo was worth £3500, but i got £4000 for it or no deal ^_^.

Thats awsome, my near 4yr old £11995 Polo was worth £3500, but i got £4000 for it or no deal ^_^.

Yes - the Aygo is high on the list of small cars that hold their value well. :thumbsup:

A four year old Aygo should still be worth half the list price, with 13 months MOT, good

condition and average milage.

Sucks for Mr T cause they didnt notice the key'd passenger side door and knock off some money.

Steve Ghosley checks out The Blue.

Who? :huh:

Interesting enough read, I've never seen any roadtested reviews of the MMT Aygo, does anyone know of any?

Interesting enough read, I've never seen any roadtested reviews of the MMT Aygo,

does anyone know of any?

I've not seen any MMT reviews and I've never considered MultiMode Manual Transmission.

To me it's just an extra thing to go expensively wrong.

It can unfortunately be necessary for some of us. In no way does the addition of MMT increase the overall chance of something going wrong, at least you don't have to worry about breaking your clutch pedal. :D

In no way does the addition of MMT increase the overall chance of something going wrong.

I don't understand. :unsure:

MMT incorporates an electronically controlled clutch.

Surely these extra electronics could go wrong.

Toyota is outselling Ford - based on the number of scrappage deals

concluded in the UK to date. ;)

In no way does the addition of MMT increase the overall chance of something going wrong.

I don't understand. :unsure:

MMT incorporates an electronically controlled clutch.

Surely these extra electronics could go wrong.

Umm not necessarilly, it's like adding vsc, something else on the car but doesn't increase the overall reliability risk just because it's there.

Toyota outselling Ford? At last the masses have come to their senses and also they've noticed the blue oval's big price hikes. :D

Got phone call from garage today and car is in a week early, even got a number plate that has my initials in it.

Pick it up a week on Friday, as they have add ons to fit to the car. :yahoo:

Got phone call from garage today and car is in a week early, even got a number plate that has my initials in it.

What add-ons have you got for yours?

Can I ask when you ordered your car? I'm a bit worried that my dealer is not keeping in touch with me as agreed. :unsure:

Can I ask when you ordered your car? I'm a bit worried that my dealer is not keeping in touch with me as agreed. :unsure:

I ordered the car on May 11th, Im sure the dealer will be in touch, once they got the chassis and VIN numbers things seemed to move quicker for me.

The extras I orderered were side mouldings, scuff plates and a rev counter.

i ordered my car on 6 june and i called the dealer after 4 weeks as they had not called me. he now updates me once a week. However cars is now not due until 25 august so i wont pick up until 1 sept :(

I now have my license plate, it was done in the last couple of days. They are expecting the car to be with them either Friday or Saturday. :D

I'm just waiting until it is on site before I change my insurance. I better get a good bit of money back seeing as I'll be going from group 15 to group 1. <_<

Car was ordered May 12th.

Hi, everbody. Got my base model in Chilli Red on Tuesday. Never bought a new, new car before. Quite charmed with her to tell you the truth, loved the ta da moment when the sales lady whipped off the cloth and there was my new motor underneath!

Bought under the scrap scheme, should have cost £7285 cost me £5285! A brand new car for that much? Hapyu withthe bog standard car. Less to go wrong and they hold their residual value too.

Like the colour, thinking of giving her a name, either Miss Scarlet or Ruby!

Hello. :)

Welcome to the fold, glad to hear you are enjoying your Aygo. I'm looking forward to getting mine shortly.

They're great little cars and if all you are looking for is cheap, reliable basic motoring, you've picked an excellent choice.

You should have many happy years together. :D

Five weeks since my scrappage deal and I'm very happy with The Blue...

...except for one thing. :(

I use the car boot four times every working day. The boot lid (the third door) is

all glass with no frame. To fully open the boot lid, the glass door is inverted and

this allows any rainwater on the glass to run straight into the boot.

I have to use a squeegee on rainy days - Toyota should design a rear rain channel.

This should not be confused with water leaks - I have no water leaks.

and again....

My Blue has gone up another 280 quid to 8995. :unsure::huh: :o

Price rises are in line with Toyota's competitors, the range still represents excellent value for money. The following went up in price on 1st August. You might be suprised to hear that Ford have increased their prices 3 times this year, and their core volume models have gone up on average 22%

2009 Aygo +£280

2009 Yaris +£280

2009 Auris +£300

New Avensis +£400

All confirmed customer orders, placed up until 31st July will be at old price, if you sign up for one tomorrow, it will be at new price

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links