Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uk Scrappage Scheme - May 2009.

AygoYugo

When I seen this forum I thought it would be a cool place to discuss aygo issues and to swap info on repairs/maintanence. But instead I have found the majority on this thread seem to have their heads in the clouds. A little bit of intelligence and openmindedness go along way! The aygo is far from perfect - grow a set and realise that!

Irishaygo, I couldn't agree with you less i'm afraid. I've owned everything from a 1.3 montego (55bhp in something the size of a mondeo!) to a 330 bmw and my two pence worth is that the aygo is not underpowered, it's just not particularly powerful. I find it keeps up with everyday traffic just fine, can cruise at 80 if you wish and is quickish cross country.

I've experienced what you have on long motorway inclines, but an anticipatory change down to forth will solve your problem. The aygo is long geared, fifth is an overdrive. The yaris is not and will therefore have a higher engine speed in an equivalent gear, allowing more power to wheels but with less economy. You pay your money and you make your choice.

It seems most folk on here did there research and knew what they were buying before they signed on the line. I'm sorry you didn't and your experience failed to meet your expectations.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AygoYugo

• Darth Sabre

• ewen1605

• andrewfq

I've come to the conclusion that, with a scrappage discount of at least 23 percent, and in some cases nearer 30 percent, the Toyota Aygo must be one of the best buys around. :thumbsup:

I've come to the conclusion that, with a scrappage discount of at least 23 percent, and in some cases nearer 30 percent, the Toyota Aygo must be one of the best buys around. :thumbsup:

Isnt it one of the best anyways? :lol:

Isnt it one of the best anyways? :lol:

Do you mean without the scrappage scheme ?

I would never :no: buy a brand new car at normal prices, too much value is lost.

A Toyota Aygo Blue is worth 6200 pounds after one year and that's what most of

us are paying for them brand new - with scrappage.

The 09 reg looks great too :toast:

My existing car isnt on the scrappage scheme, but even so its making me pay less than its worth.

My stupid 09 blue is delayed again ¬_¬.

My stupid 09 blue is delayed again ¬_¬.

My local Toyota dealer has always quoted seven weeks delivery from the Czech Republic for Aygo Blues since the scrappage deal started. :unsure:

Iwas quoted 11-12 weeks when I ordered my + and if I did want to change to a diffrent model its 13 weeks as of yesterday.

I was quoted 11-12 weeks when I ordered my + and if I did want to change to a diffrent model its 13 weeks as of yesterday.

Blimey - that's almost into September. Many old bangers will run out of MOT. :wacko:

Let's hope that the Czech factory can boost Aygo production. :thumbsup:

I placed my order the 5th May, and was told it would be a 4 week delivery date. The salesman im dealing with phoned my up yesterday and informed me that the delivery to mainland UK will be the 31st of May, so by the time it gets from England to Northern Ireland it could be the 3rd June, then take into consideration the toyota dealership getting it ready for me, could be about the 5th.

If i had to wait until around september etc I dont know if i would have went through with the deal, as my car needs MOT and serviced by then.

Ordered my 09 Aygo Blue yesterday and was told "end of June", which is between four and six weeks away. Shame because just had to renew my old car's Road Tax: £66 for six months. I'll be able to claim the unused months back, but it's just a pain that it's come up now, a couple of weeks from scrapping it.

I would never :no: buy a brand new car at normal prices, too much value is lost.

Buying new is fine as long as you do not sell it after a year. If you have the car for a long period the extra you pay for a new car is "smeared out" over the total time of ownership. Then a loss of £2k over buying a second hand example is just an extra £20 per week, and you get the luxury of that new car deal to feel good about, without the worry it has been thrashed beforehand. You could say, quite rightly, that £20 extra per week is still half a tank. But then if you take that argument to it's conclusion we'd all be running around in £500 cars off autotrader and hoping for the best. Actually I did that, bought a Clio for £600 and it lasted one year before 2 cylinders failed. Running costs were worse than the Aygo but then depreciation was almost nothing.

Everyone has their purchasing zone where they feel comfortable, there is no right answer. I bought both my Aygo and Yaris from new and I am happy to have been the only driver of both. It's only a £10k car after all. The depreciation is less than I drink in beer in a year.

Regards

Andy

By the way guys having to wait for your cars longer than expected is not something new thanks to the scrap for cash scheme. Mine was delayed last May 2008 and so were a few others around that time .. it's a common trend for the Aygo.

And I didn't get any money off of course for my wait ! :o :D

Regards

Andy

Ordered my 09 Aygo Blue yesterday and was told "end of June", which is between four and six weeks away. Shame because just had to renew my old car's Road Tax: £66 for six months. I'll be able to claim the unused months back, but it's just a pain that it's come up now, a couple of weeks from scrapping it.

I get my Aygo Blue next thursday, and i also have 4 full months tax left on my old car £105 for 6 months, can i send the tax back ? or do the garage keep the tax disk? they have already taken a photocopy of it .

The garage should keep the tax disk but issue you with a cheque for what your owed. Thats whats happening to me with Charles Hurst.

I placed my order the 5th May, and was told it would be a 4 week delivery date. The salesman im dealing with phoned my up yesterday and informed me that the delivery to mainland UK will be the 31st of May, so by the time it gets from England to Northern Ireland it could be the 3rd June, then take into consideration the toyota dealership getting it ready for me, could be about the 5th.

I am wondering how they physically move the Aygo's from the Toyota factory in Kolin, Czech Republic, to mainland UK ??? :unsure:

Road Transporter? Train? Ferry? :unsure:

Anyone know ???

V V T - i = Variable Valve Timing with intelligence

Toyota’s Variable Valve Timing with intelligence engines use advanced computer technology to vary air intake according to driving conditions and engine load. By adjusting the overlap time between the exhaust valve closing and intake valve opening the engine can be tuned to provide instant engine torque across the entire rev range. :rolleyes:

V V T-i brings substantial advantages in 3 main areas:

It allows sporty performance.

It reduces petrol costs.

It allows a more complete fuel burn at higher temperatures leading to fewer harmful emissions.

Our scrappage deals will clean up the planet :thumbsup:

Damn, that will be an bummer if you have to re tax and MOT your old car just because your AYGO isn't here.

I believe the rules about MOT, tax and insurance are that the car must have valid documents of these ON THE DATE you purchase the car, not when you pick it up. So you could run out of MOT and tax, but they will collect it from your house.

That's what the Toyota guy told me

It is just bad for most people who use their cars everyday because what are the other options if you have to drive to work, but you don't have a legal road car because you're waiting for your damn new one to be delivered....

Plus, your car may fail it's MOT on something like a gearbox issue, something not worth repairing

Hmmmm

I am wondering how they physically move the Aygo's from the Toyota factory in Kolin, Czech Republic, to mainland UK ??? :unsure:

Road Transporter? Train? Ferry? :unsure:

Anyone know ???

Id asume the usual

Factory > Car transporter > Ferry > Mainland UK > Depot > Another Transporter > Ferry > Dealership. (for n.ireland anyways.)

I believe the rules about MOT, tax and insurance are that the car must have valid documents of these ON THE DATE you purchase the car, not when you pick it up. So you could run out of MOT and tax, but they will collect it from your house.

I think you're right - we passed over our V5 vehicle registration document for our old car when we purchased the Aygo, and they ran through it making sure it was within the criteria for the Scrappage Deal.

Sadly, because I've got to wait four/five weeks to get my Aygo, I had to re-tax my current car so I'll be able to drive it until I hand it over.

Buying new is fine as long as you do not sell it after a year. If you have the car for a long period the extra you pay for a new car is "smeared out" over the total time of ownership.

Regards

Andy

Yes - the cost of depreciation (loss of value from list price) of an Aygo Blue is as follows:

After 1 year - average 44 pounds stirling per week

(6 pounds stirling per week with scrappage)

After 2 years - average 29 pounds stirling per week

(10 pounds stirling per week with scrappage)

After 3 years - average 24 pounds stirling per week

(12 pounds stirling per week with scrappage)

After 4 years - average 21 pounds stirling per week

Road Tax, Servicing and Insurance should be less than 8 pounds per week.

Fuel should be less than 10 pence per mile (6 pence per km) for many months to come

but who knows the cost of fuel in 2013 ???

Aygo Blues with scrappage should cost 20 pounds per week

plus 10 pence per mile.

That's 20 pence per mile for 10,000 miles per annum.

That's 30 pence per mile for 5,000 miles per annum. :thumbsup:

Buying new is fine as long as you do not sell it after a year. If you have the car for a long period the extra you pay for a new car is "smeared out" over the total time of ownership.

Regards

Andy

Yes - the cost of depreciation (loss of value from list price) of an Aygo Blue is as follows:

After 1 year - average 44 pounds stirling per week

(6 pounds stirling per week with scrappage)

After 2 years - average 29 pounds stirling per week

(10 pounds stirling per week with scrappage)

After 3 years - average 24 pounds stirling per week

After 4 years - average 21 pounds stirling per week

Road Tax, Servicing and Insurance should be less than 8 pounds per week.

Fuel should be less than 10 pence per mile (6 pence per km) for many months to come

but who knows the cost of fuel in 2013 ???

Aygo Blues with scrappage should cost 20 pounds per week

plus 10 pence per mile.

That's 20 pence per mile for 10,000 miles per annum.

That's 30 pence per mile for 5,000 miles per annum. :thumbsup:

Thanks AygoYugo for that calculation, it puts it into perspective how cheap these cars are now.

Regards

Andy

Thanks AygoYugo for that calculation, it puts it into perspective how cheap these cars are now.

Regards

Andy

Thanks - but it's only a very rough guide. :thumbsup:

Obviously, running costs will be different for everyone and they can only be truly calculated when a car is finally sold and ALL expenditure and milage has been noted and considered.

Personally, if I can run an Aygo Blue for the next four years for less than 35 pence per mile

then I will be well satisfied. :thumbsup:

Darth Sabre wrote:

The garage should keep the tax disk but issue you with a cheque for what your owed. Thats whats happening to me with Charles Hurst.

Not sure if there are different rules for Norn Iron but I was told the dealer couldn't cash the tax disc in,it had to be done by the last registered keeper.When I traded my old car in on Friday I kept the tax disc.You need to fill out a V14 form and stick the tax disc to it.In my case it's 4 whole months so about £60. :D

Download the form here: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ownin...cle/DG_10012526

Advertised prices are calculated by deducting the Toyota/Government Scrappage Allowance of £2,000 from the manufacturer's on-the-road price of £8,495 (inc VAT) for the New AYGO Blue 1.0 VVT-i 3-door. There is no cash alternative. Metallic paint is excluded.

CLICK HERE

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links