Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uk Scrappage Scheme - May 2009.

AygoYugo

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AygoYugo

• Darth Sabre

• ewen1605

• andrewfq

Im confussed, the blue only comes in the metallica paint :S

That's right, metallic paint on the Blue is standard.

If they try to palm some people off with a sub-standard spec, there will be action. :angry:

Perhaps it means other metallic paint is excluded due to it only being available in blue?

Perhaps it means other metallic paint is excluded due to it only being available in blue?

Both Blue and Black have metallic paint for 8495 pounds. :angry:

That web page only refers to Blue and Black and that price....

''And with our £2,000 Scrappage savings, you can drive away an AYGO Blue or an AYGO Black from just £6,495 - and get more out of driving, for a lot less.'' :unsure:

Hmm i dont know what they are getting at then.

I am interested in finding out... :argue:

It's excluded as an extra surely, if it is part of the cost of the car then it is not excluded?

Regards

Andy

It's excluded as an extra surely, if it is part of the cost of the car then it is not excluded?

Thats how I see it: special editions only come in one colour only and that is standard on the car. I can't see it being a problem though :)

Whatcar? says:

Toyota Aygo 1.0 V V T i

Economy 62.8mpg

CO2 106g/km

''We've always considered the Aygo one of the best budget buys around and

now that you can have one for peanuts it makes more sense than ever.

The appeal is simple – the reassurance of Toyota reliability,

incredibly low ownership costs and a funky design.'' :thumbsup:

Our old 'M' reg Micra was due to be swapped for a newer second hand car, so this sceme caught my eye! We have opted for an Aygo Blue 5 door. List price 8835, less 2000 = 6835. I then managed to get my main dealer to knock off a further 450 pounds and throw in free set of Aygo mats. So, final price to pay 6385 which I think is OK! Delivery time is quoted as 12-14 weeks as it is being made from scratch as we have asked for VSC to be fitted (extra 340 quid)

We have opted for an Aygo Blue 5 door.... final price to pay 6385 which I think is OK!

Delivery time is quoted as 12-14 weeks as it is being made from scratch...

Sounds like a bargain to me - and probably worth the wait :thumbsup:

Our old 'M' reg Micra was due to be swapped for a newer second hand car, so this sceme caught my eye! We have opted for an Aygo Blue 5 door. List price 8835, less 2000 = 6835. I then managed to get my main dealer to knock off a further 450 pounds and throw in free set of Aygo mats. So, final price to pay 6385 which I think is OK! Delivery time is quoted as 12-14 weeks as it is being made from scratch as we have asked for VSC to be fitted (extra 340 quid)

Yayyy for Micras! I'm scrapping my S-reg Micra for an Aygo Blue 5-door! Didn't bother trying to get mats though :)

12-14 weeks? Ouch, we were quoted along the lines of 6!

Ewen & DarthSabre – I think it’s a bit longer because we have specified the VSC as an extra and that requires disk brakes fitted to the back so it is ‘built from scratch’ in Czech.

If it does take 11-14 weeks I’ll be on holiday in Prague so may try to pop in the factory and drive it home!! :lol: Kidding aside, if I’m collecting near mid / end of August I think I’ll wait a bit longer and get it on a “59” plate!!

Some other points:

Diesel33; Keep the tax disk and claim what is outstanding. The old cars going for scrap after all!

AygoYugo; I was told that as long as the donor car had MOT for two weeks after you PLACE THE ORDER it qualifies.

Sorry to harp on, but if irishaygo is still reading, if your car leaks that badly it contravenes the sales of goods act. Take the dealer to court if they don’t fix it / replace it in a reasonable time scale. :thumbsup:

I think it’s a bit longer because we have specified the VSC as an extra and that requires disk brakes fitted to the back so it is ‘built from scratch’ in Czech.

Good point... I'll have a quote of six weeks because I've not ordered any optional extras, just the good ol' standard Aygo Blue.

Kidding aside, if I’m collecting near mid / end of August I think I’ll wait a bit longer and get it on a “59” plate!!

This is a thing that seems to get me every time - going to get my '09' Aygo, but it'll be outdated after two months when the '59' plate comes out! The same happened when we bought the Mini back in July of 2006 - we had a whole month of new-ness until it was outdated by the '56' plate, and then of course the new model for 2007!

Oh well, I might just get a personalised plate :)

AygoYugo; I was told that as long as the donor car had MOT for two weeks after you PLACE THE ORDER it qualifies.

Thanks - but I was more concerned about the old MOT

running out because I wouldn't be able to use the old car. :wheelchair:

It needs at least a new exhaust plus whatever else they may find

wrong with it, about 55 quid for the MOT test and 69 quid for six months road tax. :no:

I know I would get some road tax refund but I don't want to fork out another penny on it. :nono:

If the Aygo Blue ain't ready I'll take the old one off the road at the last minute

and use the MOT/exhaust savings on taxis for a couple of weeks. :mad2:

At least when it does arrive, I'll have three years free of MOT worries :thumbsup::driving::thumbsup:

This is a thing that seems to get me every time - going to get my '09' Aygo, but it'll be outdated after two months when the '59' plate comes out!

For some reason I prefer the 09 reg - I've never liked the fifty-odd numbers.

As far as I am aware the new price rise came in last week

I see the newspaper ads and toyota site, still have the old prices on them. Wonder if someone can hold them to these old prices or if they have a get out with "prices from" in the advert.

This is a thing that seems to get me every time - going to get my '09' Aygo, but it'll be outdated after two months when the '59' plate comes out!

I've always had 5* plate vehicles for some reason.... (53,54,57)

But either way, with 2 registrations a year, they're always out of date in 6 months or less! My boyfriend and his Mum are both getting new cars but are waiting til the '59 plate.

I've always had 5* plate vehicles for some reason.... (53,54,57)

But either way, with 2 registrations a year, they're always out of date in 6 months or less! My boyfriend and his Mum are both getting new cars but are waiting til the '59 plate.

I think I prefer the 0* plates to the 5* plates.

However, I still wouldn't bother waiting for the new registrations to come out, but I guess it'd be nice to own a car with the newest registration for six months :D

I see the newspaper ads and toyota site, still have the old prices on them. Wonder if someone can hold them to these old prices or if they have a get out with "prices from" in the advert.

The price rise became effective on May 1st 09 - from 8250 to 8495 for a 3-door Aygo Blue.

I knew about it beforehand as the Salesman used it to try and get an instant decision before

the rise, in April.

I declined and I still got it for 8200 after the rise. :thumbsup:

The price rise became effective on May 1st 09 - from 8250 to 8495 for a 3-door Aygo Blue.

I knew about it beforehand as the Salesman used it to try and get an instant decision before

the rise, in April.

I declined and I still got it for 8200 after the rise. :thumbsup:

No that was the 1st price rise, there is now another 200 on top of this last week, so list is now 9035 for blue and black (black no longer available, platinum replaces it) 5 doors, or 8695 for 3 door. Salesman at dealer also said that profit margin is lower as Toyota have also reduced dealer profit margin, so he cant offer same discounts on new prices.

I have a Peugeot 306 R reg which ive owned for 3 years. Although my mum temporarily borrowed it last year and we swapped the log book over and then back again when she returned it. It therefore shows I have only been the registered keeper for 9 months. Toyota informed me that I was not eligible for the scrappage scheme even though I had the invoice and all the other relevant paperwork.

However I fell in love with the Aygo so much that I just settled for a £500 trade in for my 306. I got my Aygo Blue for £7500 and its ready to collect on Saturday!! I cant wait!!

Toyota have been really good and have kept me updated with the sale, although delivery was intially 4 weeks wait and then went up to 7 weeks!

I cannot wait to drive my Aygo Blue!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

List price 8835, less 2000 = 6835. I then managed to get my main dealer to knock off a further 450 pounds and throw in free set of Aygo mats. So, final price to pay 6385 which I think is OK!...we have asked for VSC to be fitted (extra 340 quid)

I would have liked the option of VSC (ESP) on our car, but as it is an MMT, this option is not available :( Also, I do not believe that specifying VSC gives you discs on the rear of the Aygo...

We saved almost £2,700 on the price of our Aygo Blue - your experience goes to show that additional discount can be had in addition to the scrappage scheme on offer. Very important people fight for every penny!

...(black no longer available, platinum replaces it)...

Other way round mate: Platinum is now superceded by the Black ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links