Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Aftermarket Radio & Bluetooth?

MattIQ

Ok, I'm thinking of purchasing an IQ on the scrappage scheme & I've been out for a 15min test drive in one and I liked it.

I'd probably get a black standard base IQ plus leather, chrome pack, & possibly bluetooth.

My questions are:

1) Is it possible to fit an aftermarket single DIN CD radio (or a double DIN) if there's an available plastic surround to replace the standard CD?

I ask this because I have a decent one in my existing car & would want to swap it over (it has bluetooth built in it).

2) Has anyone got the factory/dealer-fit bluetooth (£330?) & is it any good?

3) Has anyone got the uprated JBL soundsystem (£500?) & how does it compare over standard?

All input & opinions are welcomed.

Regards

Matt

I would think its highly impossible to replace the CD Player at the moment.... Like you, i have an amazing head unit that I love as its ipod ready and steering wheel control ready but I just cant see any way of replacing the standard one. It will probably take a long while for someone to bring out a replacement plastic surround so you can fit an aftermarket head unit.

I cant help with the bluetooth...

I dont think anyone has got the JBL soundsystem but £500?!?! Id forget it and spend the money on aftermarket Speakers somewhere else...you can probably replace all the Speakers and have change left over from that. Thats what im planning on doing anyway. Obviously you may be limited to the sound quality you can even get with the standard head unit which takes us back to your first question!!

For adding an aftermarket auio unit, double din should be fairly simple, all you would need is the centre console trim as fitted to an IQ with Navigation as this is a double din touch screen unit. Your local Toyota parts dept will be able to source the required part. I do work at a Toyota dealer and can get the part numbers if required. As for your choice of car you may need to check with your dealer as last week Toyota posted several ammended specs for the IQ as they where incorrectly published in the brochure

* Leather only available on IQ2

* JBL sound pack does NOT include a subwoofer

* TVSS alarm option is wrong as all IQ have a full alarm system as standard

* Glove box/bag not standard equipment

* 2 New colours now available Silver Metallic & Solid chilli Red ( in addition to Amethyst , Black & White metallics )

As for bluetooth the set up is fairly standard affair with voice control ( made by motrolla ) the only let down is the bluetooth has its own control pad fitted down on the centre console it is not integrated through the steering wheel controls. If you have any other questions I will do my best to answer them.

Cheers

Devon

For adding an aftermarket auio unit, double din should be fairly simple, all you would need is the centre console trim as fitted to an IQ with Navigation as this is a double din touch screen unit. Your local Toyota parts dept will be able to source the required part. I do work at a Toyota dealer and can get the part numbers if required. As for your choice of car you may need to check with your dealer as last week Toyota posted several ammended specs for the IQ as they where incorrectly published in the brochure

* Leather only available on IQ2

* JBL sound pack does NOT include a subwoofer

* TVSS alarm option is wrong as all IQ have a full alarm system as standard

* Glove box/bag not standard equipment

* 2 New colours now available Silver Metallic & Solid chilli Red ( in addition to Amethyst , Black & White metallics )

As for bluetooth the set up is fairly standard affair with voice control ( made by motrolla ) the only let down is the bluetooth has its own control pad fitted down on the centre console it is not integrated through the steering wheel controls. If you have any other questions I will do my best to answer them.

Cheers

Devon

Thanks Devon,

* Are you sure leather is not an option on base IQ? The dealer I spoke to on Saturday said I could have it.

* Agree with 1st reply, the JBL kit wouldn't be worth it.

* Hmm, so do you know how much that double din plastic surround as used for the navigation would be? I think I'd be interested to pursue that option. Part Number would be useful too.

Regards

Matt

Ooooh I would like part number for the surround as well :)

Parts King is your man for a discount on the price! :thumbsup:

Sorry folks but I dont have a number for this surround as yet, the sat nav is fitted as port of entry in the UK and I dont have any numbers

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the JBL soundsystem installed now. It's a fairly complex install, as it requires you to remove almost all plastic in the car, so it took the dealer a long time to install, a full day almost. It comes with a JBL Amplifier, componentset for the front, and coax for the back. And it packs enough punch that I would think of installing a sub in such a little car anyway. :) I'm quite satisfied with the kit. I would also like a doubledin replacement, but I will wait and see if support for the steeringwheel comes on the market.

I've got the JBL soundsystem installed now. It's a fairly complex install, as it requires you to remove almost all plastic in the car, so it took the dealer a long time to install, a full day almost. It comes with a JBL Amplifier, componentset for the front, and coax for the back. And it packs enough punch that I would think of installing a sub in such a little car anyway. :) I'm quite satisfied with the kit. I would also like a doubledin replacement, but I will wait and see if support for the steeringwheel comes on the market.

Can you divulge how much you paid for the JBL system?

Also, details on your perceived difference over the standard Speakers would also be welcomed.

Can you divulge how much you paid for the JBL system?

Also, details on your perceived difference over the standard Speakers would also be welcomed.

I live in Denmark, and as your pound is in free fall, and getting close to worthless, it probably wouldn't make sense comparing. Also here in Denmark, everything related to cars is super expensive, the cars alone has a 180% tax on the, second highest tax on cars in the world I believe.

But if I converted it to GBP, it would be something like 1000 GBP including fitting. I know the guy fitting it in my iQ used a lot of hours, all plastic panels in the car had to come out, new wiring from amplified to doors etc.

The diffrence is quite big, before there was absolutely no bass in the old speakerset, and the sound is of course also much clearer, now that there is a dedicated amplifier for it. The original Speakers almost has no magnets, it's so light, so no wonder it has no bass.

If you drop by Århus in Denmark let me know, and you can hear it. :)

• 7 months later...

Mr Devon Aygo i would be very gratefull if you can give me the five ( i think ) number parts (including the side screen with the airbag/seatbelt indication) that i should order from a toyota dealer in order to fit an aftermarket double din in an iq.

Thank you in advance! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Look at the Parrot mk9200i , I have it mine, £280 fitted and it is superb in the IQ.

If you are in SE london anytime let me know..... Parrot have their own amp and the sound is more than adequate and the bluetooth is clear, cheaper than Toyota's own kit and ipod friendly.....

• 3 weeks later...
Look at the Parrot mk9200i , I have it mine, £280 fitted and it is superb in the IQ.

If you are in SE london anytime let me know..... Parrot have their own amp and the sound is more than adequate and the bluetooth is clear, cheaper than Toyota's own kit and ipod friendly.....

Did you use a harness adaptor from parrot to connect to stereo and mute . I ve being trying to get one in Greece but no luck . If you have any spec or data would appreciate

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links