Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Intermittent Starting?

celicatrd

I have a Gen 6 Celica 2.0 import, which I've had for over 6 years with no major problems..

Apart from,

The last six months I've been having problems starting the car. This only seems to happen approx twice a month although has been getting more frequent the last few weeks.

Can someone shed any light on this matter please? Only its starting to puzzle me...

When I turn the ignition I dont hear anything and no matter how many times I turn the ignition it wont start but the strange thing is. I have left it on two occasions for 30mins or so then gone back to it and it surprising it starts..

Also, It will start no problem with a push start...

I have a Cobra immobilser fitted but I dont think that has anything to do with..

Can someone point me in the right direction into why this is happening????

Thanks,

Ronnie

I have a Gen 6 Celica 2.0 import, which I've had for over 6 years with no major problems..

Apart from,

The last six months I've been having problems starting the car. This only seems to happen approx twice a month although has been getting more frequent the last few weeks.

Can someone shed any light on this matter please? Only its starting to puzzle me...

When I turn the ignition I dont hear anything and no matter how many times I turn the ignition it wont start but the strange thing is. I have left it on two occasions for 30mins or so then gone back to it and it surprising it starts..

I have a Cobra immobilser fitted but I dont think that has anything to do with..

Thanks,

Ronnie

Faulty starter solenoid or faulty ignition switch I guess.

if you do your own work then you could try an take your starter off an clean the shaft with some fine sandpaper an then use some light oil (wd) to lube it an make sure it moves free then put it back an give it a go if it is this then the clean an lube will keep it working fine for ages

its ether your Battery, starter motor, ignition switch, or a loose ignition wire from were the alarm is hooked on to the ignition i had the same problem but on my old Subaru but now have a Toyota celica gt4A 91 but year i just 1 day after it had been in 4 wof they put it outside and when i picked it up it wouldn't start again so i did all the checks on the starter motor and Battery and they wernt the problem so i pulled the whole alarm out and connected the ignition wires and all the other wires back up and them bam it started first pop but yours might just need a new Battery

post-77513-1242169694_thumb.jpg

Apart from,

Thanks,

Ronnie

could be the starter contacts inside the solonoid , they get pitted after years of sparks throwing the starter shaft into play . i had new ones fitted to my gt4 , cost me £40 . in the end the starter was simply clicking loudly .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links