Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Weels Of Industry

michelp

Saturday, Chris got a flat tyre on the IQ 2. A huge nail right bang in the middle. Unfortunately the Emergency kit was nowhere to be seen.

After a few minutes of cursing, Chris decided to take the car to our small local garage to have it fixed. Unfortunately, They were closed.

He decided to take the car to Kwick Fit. What a fool..........

What do you think they said at Kall kwick ??? Well, we needed a new tyre because this one was "damaged" beyond repairs. Are they made of sugar? the tyre that is

No need to say that hell broke loose. Lots of fruity words were exchanged and the car still had a flat.

I went back to my local garage very early on Monday but they were still closed so, I went back to Kall kwick see If they were really that bad and oh yes, I needed a new tyre. It was unsafe to repair they said. I asked how much it will cost me to have a new one, well, they said they did not do this kind of tyre but they could fit another type like dunlop. I said goodbye and, go to hell. What a waste of time. They are obviously working on commission and are not interested in fixing anything.

I then decided to ring my Toyoya dealer. As usual, they were useless. I asked to why there was no repairing kit in the car and, in reply they gave me a number for me to ring their service department . I rang them.

They knew nothing about the car let alone the tyre. They gave me a number for me to ring Toyota parts. I rang them and they could not find one tyre to fit the iq and I can tell you, the guy over the phone could not care less. I had to go back to Toyota service with what type of tyre I needed. Well, There's only one IQ!! dahhhhh I went back to Toyota service but they said I had to go through Parts first . They eventually found 1 tyre. Price £100.00 + VAT plus labour, but I had to go back to parts to book a time to have the tyre fitted. All that took me more than one hour over the phone . As you know, I really like the car but I think Toyota After sales and service are totally useless, anyway...

I decided to ring my local garage on the off chance. 2 hours later they had the tyre.

I took the car to them and within 5 minutes, the job was done.

Now, here is the thing.

THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE TYRE.

Kwick fit are just a bunch of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fitting the new tyre and repairing the undamaged one cot me £84.00 all inclusive of vat and fitting.

I now have a spare tyre and

my faith in Toyota has been further eroded.

As for Kall kwick well...

Well done small local garage.

still a great car

Saturday, Chris got a flat tyre on the IQ 2. A huge nail right bang in the middle. Unfortunately the Emergency kit was nowhere to be seen.

After a few minutes of cursing, Chris decided to take the car to our small local garage to have it fixed. Unfortunately, They were closed.

What do you think they said at Kall kwick ??? Well, we needed a new tyre because this one was "damaged" beyond repairs. Are they made of sugar? the tyre that is

No need to say that hell broke loose. Lots of fruity words were exchanged and the car still had a flat.

I went back to my local garage very early on Monday but they were still closed so, I went back to Kall kwick see If they were really that bad and oh yes, I needed a new tyre. It was unsafe to repair they said. I asked how much it will cost me to have a new one, well, they said they did not do this kind of tyre but they could fit another type like dunlop. I said goodbye and, go to hell. What a waste of time. They are obviously working on commission and are not interested in fixing anything.

I then decided to ring my Toyoya dealer. As usual, they were useless. I asked to why there was no repairing kit in the car and, in reply they gave me a number for me to ring their service department . I rang them.

They knew nothing about the car let alone the tyre. They gave me a number for me to ring Toyota parts. I rang them and they could not find one tyre to fit the iq and I can tell you, the guy over the phone could not care less. I had to go back to Toyota service with what type of tyre I needed. Well, There's only one IQ!! dahhhhh I went back to Toyota service but they said I had to go through Parts first . They eventually found 1 tyre. Price £100.00 + VAT plus labour, but I had to go back to parts to book a time to have the tyre fitted. All that took me more than one hour over the phone . As you know, I really like the car but I think Toyota After sales and service are totally useless, anyway...

I decided to ring my local garage on the off chance. 2 hours later they had the tyre.

Now, here is the thing.

Fitting the new tyre and repairing the undamaged one cot me £84.00 all inclusive of vat and fitting.

still a great car

Hello,

Sorry to here about your terrible experiences.. I agree customer service in a lot of industrie is crap... I work for a Lexus Centre so naturally have a Toyota dealer on site so if you have another experience like this then let me know...

Steve

Now, here is the thing.

still a great car

What a nightmare!

The other thing is, if the kit had been in the car and was used to repair (temporarily) the puncture, the kwik twit people wouldn't want to know anyway because of the "alien" substance in the tyre.So once again a new tyre has to be bought.

As I have said before I would like to get hold of a space saver wheel and tyre that would fit an iQ.It would save an awful lot of hassle in the event of a puncture.

I would just make a bag for it and keep in on one rear seat.

Believe it or not Sh*t fit once tried to put one of my wheels on my Mini the wrong way round - as in inside out! Jeepers. Good job I was watching like a hawk as I always do when my cars are somewhere I don't fully trust.

Just to give a balanced view to this topic..............................On the odd occasion that I have used my local Kwickfit for work on previous cars and for my two sons cars I have allways found the staff and management to be extreemly friendly, polite, knowledgeable and efficient.

The costs have always been reasonable and I have never needed to go back for any rectification work.

It is unfortunate when TOC members have a bad experience with any garage, but they are not all bad.

I have no connection with Kwick Fit, just a satisfied customer :thumbsup:

Was it Kwik Fit or Kall Kwick which you visited?,...................because from your original post it is not clear, and they are two completely different companies.

I thought Kall-Kwick were printers :unsure:

This just sounds horrible. Toyota in the UK has that crappy service in general, or were you just unlucky?

When you buy a Toyota at a certified Toyota dealer here in Denmark, you get a "Eurocare" card, which is basicly road assistance. It covers everything from accidents to flat tires, dead Battery etc. I do have my repairkit in the car, but if I hadn't, I would just call "Eurocare", and they would fix the problem for me. It also covers road assistance in all of Europe, etc.

This just sounds horrible. Toyota in the UK has that crappy service in general, or were you just unlucky?

When you buy a Toyota at a certified Toyota dealer here in Denmark, you get a "Eurocare" card, which is basicly road assistance. It covers everything from accidents to flat tires, dead battery etc. I do have my repairkit in the car, but if I hadn't, I would just call "Eurocare", and they would fix the problem for me. It also covers road assistance in all of Europe, etc.

You get that here in the UK too, it's called "Club Toyota" and operated by the RAC

Kingo :thumbsup:

I assume you bought the car from new? In which case why wasnt there a trye repair kit in the car. When I bought mine the salesman made a point of showing me where the kit was and how to use it if I needed too.

I suggest you go back to your dealer and demand a trye repair kit. I personaly would not use it I have the holts repair kit which doesnt need the compressor and anyway if you get a flat call out the RAC thats what its for surely??

Yeah I am not sure why you did not use your Club Toyota card?

If only it was a Honda IQ.

Going back to Quick fit my local one has some questions over its head i now know of six instances where someone two of them being my family where we have put the car in for MOT been told we need new tyres agreeing to this and the next day having a nail bang slap in the middle of the tyre once I can believe but five times? once on a toyota yaris 96 quid for new unrepairable tyre (genuine the nail ended up coming out side wall cause flat wasn't noticed and driven on)

volvo xc90 180 quid new tyre probably repairable

fiat coupe (not sure how much or condition)

honda civic (again)

Renault Scenic

BMW (told not repairable taken to bmw and repaired in five minutes)

Going back to Quick fit my local one has some questions over its head i now know of six instances where someone two of them being my family where we have put the car in for MOT been told we need new tyres agreeing to this and the next day having a nail bang slap in the middle of the tyre once I can believe but five times? once on a toyota yaris 96 quid for new unrepairable tyre (genuine the nail ended up coming out side wall cause flat wasn't noticed and driven on)

volvo xc90 180 quid new tyre probably repairable

fiat coupe (not sure how much or condition)

honda civic (again)

Renault Scenic

BMW (told not repairable taken to bmw and repaired in five minutes)

I am wary of these places for many reasons, but some are excellent and helpful.

An unhelpful one I came across when I had just finished building a kit car, about 20 years ago,using all new suspension components, and I took it in to get the tracking adjusted.

While being worked on a small oily creature came over and said "your shock absorbers are leaking and need to be replaced, we can do it for you"

If he had bothered to look he would have seen they were brand new and definitely NOT leaking.

I just said "that'll be right" and left after settling up, but never returned.

Other places have spent ages helping me cobble together one-off exhausts for specials when they needn't have bothered, so it all depnds on the staff, I suppose.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links