Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Prius When! I Need To Know - Now!

OOTF

I have to specify my new company car very soon and I really want this car. :yahoo: I can't get a straight answer out of anyone, which means I may miss the boat and have to go for an Insight.......such a pity. :mad2:

Does ANYONE have a real idea when demonstrators will be available and when I'll be able to order one? :help2:

October this year was what I read somewhere, that wasn't a confirmed date though. :(

I have to specify my new company car very soon and I really want this car. :yahoo: I can't get a straight answer out of anyone, which means I may miss the boat and have to go for an Insight.......such a pity. :mad2:

Does ANYONE have a real idea when demonstrators will be available and when I'll be able to order one? :help2:

They should be available July.....well worth the wait !!!

Perhaps PARTS-KING can help you. He gives advice about Toyotas on this site you could send him a private message.

I,m in the same situation, Wish i had some more information on a order date, anyone?

cheers

chris

Why go for an Insight? The existing Prius is better than that, as far as I can see - if a long way short of the new Prius.

Why go for an Insight? The existing Prius is better than that, as far as I can see - if a long way short of the new Prius.

Because I have a problem with one of my knees. The existing Prius does not have an adjustable height drivers seat and it doesn't have a rake and reach adjustable steering wheel. This means I may not be able to achieve the the desired driving position - this would not be a good situation for the next 3 years (life of the lease).

Because I have a problem with one of my knees. The existing Prius does not have an adjustable height drivers seat and it doesn't have a rake and reach adjustable steering wheel. This means I may not be able to achieve the the desired driving position - this would not be a good situation for the next 3 years (life of the lease).

I see your point. I guess it depends on which version you are looking at. The T-Spirit doesn't have reach adjustable steering, although it is height adjustable, as is the seat.

I've had no problems apart from cursing my son every time he borrows the car, because he insists on raising the seat a fair amount, so that I hit my head on the door frame next time I use the car. However, if you can't get the right position, then it doesn't matter what the rest of the car is like, you have to look for something else.

My friend's son is a tall lanky guy. He had trouble getting a good driving seat position in lots of cars. He now pays to have the drivers seat modified to suit him. The modification does have to conform to safety regulations and I think it costs quite a bit.

Perhaps ask Toyota about it as they do have cars fitted to suit disabled folk. Perhaps the seat could be made to suit your requirements.?????

PS. I am not suggesting you are disabled but I am sure something could be done to suit your needs.

My friend's son is a tall lanky guy. He had trouble getting a good driving seat position in lots of cars. He now pays to have the drivers seat modified to suit him. The modification does have to conform to safety regulations and I think it costs quite a bit.

Perhaps ask Toyota about it as they do have cars fitted to suit disabled folk. Perhaps the seat could be made to suit your requirements.?????

PS. I am not suggesting you are disabled but I am sure something could be done to suit your needs.

Thanks for the thought Chris. My knee is fine as long as there's reasonable adjustment on the seat and steering wheel.

BTW I've PM'd PARTS-KING, to see if he has any better info on due dates.

I've had an Insight ES-T for 3 days on trial. The car is OK but underpowered (I am coming from a Vectra SRi 150 BHP, so I'm trying not to be too critical). If you need to accelerate hard, it's very noisy and lacks mid range torque (40-60mph). I've now eliminated the Insight and can't wait to get my hands on the new Prius.

I have just spoken to the commercial manager at my local dealer who in turn spoke to the regional manager and confirmed a July launch. Full car detail will be released in June. Don’t know if anyone else has any further information to back this up.

Well it's official 1st August and cars available to see at the Bullring in just over 2 weeks time on the 8th-14th June.

See here.

Yehh thats what we needed a date! Wonder when the dealers will have a test car? Now what colour to go for? I like the silver or the pearl white.

Yehh thats what we needed a date! Wonder when the dealers will have a test car? Now what colour to go for? I like the silver or the pearl white.

Abyss Grey or Tyrol Silver for me but you need to see the colours in the flesh to see what they're like.

Anyone for the technology pack? :yes:

I like the Pearl but it'll be pricey. I've just paid £575 for a pearl finish on a new Fiesta for the wife. :o You can see the Toyota pearl now as it's the same colour on the IQ. I think I'll stick with solid white though as it'll be easier to touch up. I fancy another T Spirit but it's a pity you can't have the moonroof and solar panels with the factory 17" rims. :( It would either have to be crappy looking factory 15" rims or 17" aftermarket jobbies.

Abyss Grey or Tyrol Silver for me but you need to see the colours in the flesh to see what they're like.

Anyone for the technology pack? :yes:

Do you think we'll be offered the TP in the UK? At least we get LED's, front fogs and a HUD as standard. :thumbsup: I'll have the HUD lit all the time whilst humming the Top Gun theme to myself. :)

Do you think we'll be offered the TP in the UK? At least we get LED's, front fogs and a HUD as standard. :thumbsup: I'll have the HUD lit all the time whilst humming the Top Gun theme to myself. :)

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Another Milton Keynie eh Chris? I wonder if I've waved to you yet, I tend to do that to other Prius owners B)

Another Milton Keynie eh Chris? I wonder if I've waved to you yet, I tend to do that to other Prius owners B)

I don't have a Prius yet, i currently have a Vauxhal Meriva. :crybaby: Not sure why i put Prius under car in my profile maybe wishful thinking. :unsure:

I dont think we get the LED lights as standard on the UK model, i sure its an option.

I don't have a Prius yet, i currently have a Vauxhal Meriva. :crybaby: Not sure why i put Prius under car in my profile maybe wishful thinking. :unsure:

I dont think we get the LED lights as standard on the UK model, i sure its an option.

Vauxhalls are nice motors aren't they - NOT!

Wondering whether to go over to Brum on the 8th. Wonder when we can get our hands on a demonstrator.

So close now........just need to be a bit patient :toot:

Just had an invite from Toyota to test drive the new Prius at Chertsey Surrey on 24th 25th 26th June, or Nuneaton Warwickshire 9th 10th 11th July. There is a helpline open Monday to Friday 8.30 to 5.30: Tel:0845 2767777

There is a launch web site www.priuslaunch.com

With the information on the invitation toyota send, you can register.

Wish I could afford one!!! I would need an excellent part ex to change my immaculate 57 plate T Spirit with very low mileage.

Chris.

Just had an invite from Toyota to test drive the new Prius at Chertsey Surrey on 24th 25th 26th June, or Nuneaton Warwickshire 9th 10th 11th July. There is a helpline open Monday to Friday 8.30 to 5.30: Tel:0845 2767777

Wish I could afford one!!! I would need an excellent part ex to change my immaculate 57 plate T Spirit with very low mileage.

Chris.

Chris, was this invite via the post or email? I take it they got your details from registering for updates on the next Prius section on the toyota webiste?

Chris.

Whoops - just started a new thread on this very topic. Note that the brochure included in the pack states the new Prius is launched on August 1st this year.

Chris, was this invite via the post or email? I take it they got your details from registering for updates on the next Prius section on the toyota webiste?

I registered for updates, if that's the route to an invite......., where's my invite! :crybaby:

ChrisM, fancy an afternoon at the Bullring on the 8th?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links