Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Why Would You Buy One? The Suzuki Swift Is Better.

Johan007

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• no_data

• Johan007

• Alex.N

• Vitz_man

Everyone is allowed to think what they like about the iQ. Both my wife and I (and my big sister!) like the iQ, if you don't like it Alex then fair enough.

What is the point of coming over to the iQ section and telling people that you don't like the look of the car or that owners look silly driving one? :unsure:

Maybe all the iQ owners should go over to the Yaris section and tell all Yaris owners how rubbish their car is... :lol:

i dont particularly like yaris's either, i just happend to buy one for extremely cheap

will

i dont particularly like yaris's either, i just happend to buy one for extremely cheap

will

my oh my jealousy is a terrible thing!

Maybe he is the brother of that other nonce that comes on here just to slag off iQs. Smith or someone with a Corolla! :lol:

Maybe he is the brother of that other nonce that comes on here just to slag off iQs. Smith or someone with a Corolla! :lol:

thank you for the mention, seems like yet sgain you take offensive to someone else's remarks, would the car you drive relate to you're IQ of 0

Ah but Sir, at least I can write the Queens english on a forum.

Ah but Sir, at least I can write the Queens english on a forum.

unfortunately we are not all perfect like you, is it past you're bedtime,or are you going to call other people names as well

I would guess Alex was created by Smith. What a sad situation.

you said exactly what I was thinking, funny how quick he saw what I wrote about him. Very sad indeed.

Anyway...I do love the Swift but as I said I do not think it is same class ie; larger engine, body etc. Do you agree?

Here in Denmark, where most people will probably buy the diesel iQ, you get a lovely 90 bhp D-4D in the iQ,
Erm we don't get that engine in the UK... if we did then I would interested. I am surprised it even fits but it looks like it does... the car would fly with one of these thoughthe Smart turbo would be the cheaper bet.

Yeah it's pretty zippy, but you of course get the most out of the diesel when you are up to speed, like most diesels. The claimed 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) at 11.8 seconds is wrong though. It's the updated D-4D that also sits in the Yaris, and the Yaris does it in 10.7. According to rough measurements with a g-tech, it's 10.4 seconds with only me in the car, and it will probably get better as the engine gets run in a little more. It looks like there is plenty of space for a engine preheating unit aswell, will look at that when we get closer to winter. :)

But then again, I didn't buy it to get a racingcar, I bought it to get a smarter smart with more room for the driver, and that's what I got. I get the same "MPG" at 140 kph (~87mph) as the smart got at 130kph (~80-81mph), and it's a lot more relaxing to drive.

I think I would be interested in an IQ if it was a little less costly. I mean I can understand Toyota capitalizing on the hype and green image, but I can't justify spending that much money on an IQ when the Aygo is out there for less money. I have no experience driving either car, but I can guess they are essentially the same car underneath, so why charge over £2000 more than an Aygo? Given the choice between the two, Aygo wins for me, but I think i'll just hang onto my Yaris for the meantime! I love it! ;)

I think I would be interested in an IQ if it was a little less costly. I mean I can understand Toyota capitalizing on the hype and green image, but I can't justify spending that much money on an IQ when the Aygo is out there for less money. I have no experience driving either car, but I can guess they are essentially the same car underneath, so why charge over £2000 more than an Aygo? Given the choice between the two, Aygo wins for me, but I think i'll just hang onto my Yaris for the meantime! I love it! ;)

They are actually very diffrent, and here in Denmark where you get the D-4D and 6speed gearbox, they don't even share engine. The iQ platform is a totally new platform for Toyota, and has a lot of new inventions to make the car small, and yet make it feel like a big car. They Aygo is a cheap car (Not saying that's bad, I like the Aygo), the Aygo is a lot more noisy inside, and the seats in my iQ is a lot more comfortable than the Aygo. The iQ is actually wider than the Aygo, which you can clearly feel when you sit in it, but it also helps give the iQ phenomenal handling for such a small car. Also a turning circle of 7.8 meters is really handy in city, and the sharp turning circle also makes squeezing the car in when normal parallel parking.

The iQ is often being compared to the Aygo, Suzuki Swift and other small cars. But the iQ is not a small car, it a micro car, and should be compared to other micro cars like the Smart.

The day we decided to buy the iQ, we first took a testdrive in the Toyota iQ with a 1.0 engine, right after we took a testdrive in the Aygo also with the 1.0 engine. And since the iQ was more comfortable, and also a more fun concept, we decided to go for that. The other alternative would have been the new Yaris, but I feel more comfortable in the iQ, and again it's a bit more fun, and a lot more citysmart. :)

They are actually very diffrent, and here in Denmark where you get the D-4D and 6speed gearbox, they don't even share engine. The iQ platform is a totally new platform for Toyota, and has a lot of new inventions to make the car small, and yet make it feel like a big car. They Aygo is a cheap car (Not saying that's bad, I like the Aygo), the Aygo is a lot more noisy inside, and the seats in my iQ is a lot more comfortable than the Aygo. The iQ is actually wider than the Aygo, which you can clearly feel when you sit in it, but it also helps give the iQ phenomenal handling for such a small car. Also a turning circle of 7.8 meters is really handy in city, and the sharp turning circle also makes squeezing the car in when normal parallel parking.

The iQ is often being compared to the Aygo, Suzuki Swift and other small cars. But the iQ is not a small car, it a micro car, and should be compared to other micro cars like the Smart.

The day we decided to buy the iQ, we first took a testdrive in the Toyota iQ with a 1.0 engine, right after we took a testdrive in the Aygo also with the 1.0 engine. And since the iQ was more comfortable, and also a more fun concept, we decided to go for that. The other alternative would have been the new Yaris, but I feel more comfortable in the iQ, and again it's a bit more fun, and a lot more citysmart. :)

Hmmm, fair points I suppose. Im not knocking it, from what i've heard here its a fantastic little car, but I can't justify the price to be brutally honest. I know the Aygo isn't in the same sort of class as the IQ, but you can get a top spec one of those fully kitted out for less than the IQ. I think if Toyota offered them for less and focused more on turnover they'd be far more popular. Although having said that, can't wait to have a shot of one, might pop down the local dealer this weekend! ;)

There was always going to be the argument of:

-If they made it basic and everything was an optional extra, then people would have moaned about that and said they should have made the optional extras, standard fitted parts

-If they made it top spec as standard, people would moan and say it should be more basic, its too expensive

So they cant win really!! Im glad Toyota went for it and it has everything as standard.

Correct me if im wrong but the top spec Aygo as far as i can tell, doesn't have auto wipers and auto headlights, push button start, keyless entry, 9 airbags, electric wing mirrors, climate control, the pearl white that i love, etc. So even the top spec Aygo is basic compared to the IQ ;)

It seems like the IQ has been popular so far, so no need for them to lower the price!!

Shouldnt just take them at face value, gotta compare them like for like.

There was always going to be the argument of:

-If they made it basic and everything was an optional extra, then people would have moaned about that and said they should have made the optional extras, standard fitted parts

-If they made it top spec as standard, people would moan and say it should be more basic, its too expensive

So they cant win really!! Im glad Toyota went for it and it has everything as standard.

Correct me if im wrong but the top spec Aygo as far as i can tell, doesn't have auto wipers and auto headlights, push button start, keyless entry, 9 airbags, electric wing mirrors, climate control, the pearl white that i love, etc. So even the top spec Aygo is basic compared to the IQ ;)

It seems like the IQ has been popular so far, so no need for them to lower the price!!

Shouldnt just take them at face value, gotta compare them like for like.

If you're comparing kit then why not buy a second hand 1 Series BMW or a Mini Cooper? Both in the same price range as the IQ, and both as far as I know top the spec level on the IQ. And to be perfectly honest I think that some of the things that come on the IQ are a bit of a gimick and a technical showcase by Toyota: Keyless entry for example, too lazy to press a button on the key? :wacko: Besides, future Aygo's will hopefully share some of Toyota's new fangled gismo's! :P

Sure, if you have the money to afford one and would like one by all means go for it, but I personally would need convincing before I invested in one of those, although the residual values SHOULD be fantastic no?

I dont like the stigma attached to BMW and the 1 series is ugly to me. And how many Mini Coopers do you see on the road? Millions of the !Removed! things, and after a friend bought a brand new one in 2008 which leaked and he didnt actually drive for 6-8 months due to it being back with Mini put me off a bit as well.

Plus both of them models, (i havent looked it up) but more to tax and insure for me with a claim and 3 points and I ALSO wouldnt have been able to afford brand new, which i wanted to do.

Keyless entry for example, too lazy to press a button on the key?

I definitely disagree with this point!

keyless entry is FANTASTIC, and a constant source of amusement for my partner and me.

you keep the fob (which ingeniously, you can slide off the key ring at any time you need for ease of removal) and keep it anywhere on you, meaning an end to the days of fumbling in handbags and pockets to try and locate the key.

It doesn't just stop you "lazily pressing a button" it means you don't have to find the key in the first place.

I think you missed the whole point on it tbh. :lol:

I think you missed the whole point on it tbh. :lol:

Not nessisarily, I personally don't have a problem locating my car keys, so unless it is at the bottom of a very large bag, I can't see how it would take you a long time to find keys. Surely you can multi-task and "rummage" around for your keys while you're walking to the car? :lol:

I dont like the stigma attached to BMW and the 1 series is ugly to me. And how many Mini Coopers do you see on the road? Millions of the !Removed! things, and after a friend bought a brand new one in 2008 which leaked and he didnt actually drive for 6-8 months due to it being back with Mini put me off a bit as well.

Plus both of them models, (i havent looked it up) but more to tax and insure for me with a claim and 3 points and I ALSO wouldnt have been able to afford brand new, which i wanted to do.

Well in that case whats wrong with a VW Polo Bluemotion 2? Brand new, cheaper than the IQ, no tax costs, lower insurance, lower fuel costs, more spacious, has a higher level of kit than the IQ apart from the keyless entry, which I have already exprssed my views on.

Like I say, im not against the IQ, but just can't justify that huge price, there are better cars out there for that amount of money. ;)

To you there may be yes, but not to me, sorry!!

Keyless entry is a godsend haha!! Yeh im lazy so what... My bag is huge, its always at the bottom under everything else, this way i can just walk up to my car and it opens, just how i like it!!

If i had the money I would have got a brand new Honda Civic Type R but someone else might have spent the 20k for one of those on something else. If there wasnt a choice, it would be pretty dull. I made my choice, and am pleased with the choice i made!

Why did you buy a Yaris? You made a decision on that car, same as we made a decision. Think people should be more open minded to what others wants and needs are in a vehicle.

Edit: Just looked at a Polo Bluemotion 2. Its a 5door so already i wouldnt want it, as I only need a 3 door. Base Model starts from 14,495 so thats already 4k more than i paid for my IQ. If i choose Metallic Paint like my IQ has then thats another £375. If i add Airbag deactivation, floor mats, smoking pack and curtain airbags like my IQ has then thats another £595. Grand Total of 15,395. How is that even compareable to my IQ??? Insurance Group is higher as well (5) Dont think you know what your talking about mate....

To you there may be yes, but not to me, sorry!!

Keyless entry is a godsend haha!! Yeh im lazy so what... My bag is huge, its always at the bottom under everything else, this way i can just walk up to my car and it opens, just how i like it!!

If i had the money I would have got a brand new Honda Civic Type R but someone else might have spent the 20k for one of those on something else. If there wasnt a choice, it would be pretty dull. I made my choice, and am pleased with the choice i made!

Why did you buy a Yaris? You made a decision on that car, same as we made a decision. Think people should be more open minded to what others wants and needs are in a vehicle.

Edit: Just looked at a Polo Bluemotion 2. Its a 5door so already i wouldnt want it, as I only need a 3 door. Base Model starts from 14,495 so thats already 4k more than i paid for my IQ. If i choose Metallic Paint like my IQ has then thats another £375. If i add Airbag deactivation, floor mats, smoking pack and curtain airbags like my IQ has then thats another £595. Grand Total of 15,395. How is that even compareable to my IQ??? Insurance Group is higher as well (5) Dont think you know what your talking about mate....

No need to get personal. I believe I do know what im talking about all things considered. Fine, the bluemotion is a little more pricey, but from what you've already said price doesn't seem to be that much on an issue, whats the problem with leasing the car over a longer period and having the same monthly payments? And whats wrong with the practicality of a 5 door? Doesn't make it any less of a car, surely its an asset?

And yes, I agree with the whole choice means the world is less boring, but im mearely stating its not the car for me. Can we just agree to disagree before this turns into a "slagging match"?

I chose my iQ because I wanted it, not because of the 3+1, not because of the free metallic paint or the stunning reviews it was getting in the car press at the time, simply because I wanted it. Like you book your holidays or buy your house, there are probably cheaper holidays & a bigger house for same price but in a scummier area but you choose what you want & people should not keep telling ya "oh you could have got two weeks with fleazy jet to Minorca for less".

I would rather eat my own earwax than drive a BMW Bini & as for a 5 door, I can manage pulling a seat forward if I need to get in the back. Keyless entry is a huge safety feature too, quite a few jobs we get are where people are busily looking for thier keys with purses & mobile being pulled out the bag when they then get mugged, if I could get it on my garage & house door then all the better for me. I also like having a car that makes me turn around to look at it when I have parked it, not sure why I do it but I always have to take a backwards glance. Even my friends ask how TiQ TaQ is rather than "hows the new car". Bizarre, it is like it nearly has a character with that little snub nose & tiny frame. A Polo or Fiesta & Swift does not have that at all & even the Smart which I love the look of I find cramped with terrible cheap interior (those sun visors are like the trays you get on the back of a seat in a plane)! Ours are more relaxed, comfortable & just seems less hard work than driving a Smart for some reason. At then end of the day as long as we all love the cars we bought then nobody else should worry about it really although I do wonder with the amount of people coming on the iQ forum that don't own one if they are slightly gutted they do not have a car they are as happy with as we are with ours as I would not dream of going on the Yaris forum for example to ask why they bought one when they could have got something quicker/cheaper/prettier etc.

Jaine

P1010187_2700x2025.jpg

I’m so happy I went for the iQ, as a driving school car it’s done tremendously well.

With over 20 people (and counting) having driven the car I’ve had 100% positive feedback.

As for the business, things have never been better.

Loads more referrals than I’ve ever had.

Mostly due to all the “young people” absolutely loving the looks of the funky fun iQ.

This would never have happened with a Suzuki, Ford, Citroen etc......,,,

I chose my iQ because I wanted it, not because of the 3+1, not because of the free metallic paint or the stunning reviews it was getting in the car press at the time, simply because I wanted it. Like you book your holidays or buy your house, there are probably cheaper holidays & a bigger house for same price but in a scummier area but you choose what you want & people should not keep telling ya "oh you could have got two weeks with fleazy jet to Minorca for less".

I would rather eat my own earwax than drive a BMW Bini & as for a 5 door, I can manage pulling a seat forward if I need to get in the back. Keyless entry is a huge safety feature too, quite a few jobs we get are where people are busily looking for thier keys with purses & mobile being pulled out the bag when they then get mugged, if I could get it on my garage & house door then all the better for me. I also like having a car that makes me turn around to look at it when I have parked it, not sure why I do it but I always have to take a backwards glance. Even my friends ask how TiQ TaQ is rather than "hows the new car". Bizarre, it is like it nearly has a character with that little snub nose & tiny frame. A Polo or Fiesta & Swift does not have that at all & even the Smart which I love the look of I find cramped with terrible cheap interior (those sun visors are like the trays you get on the back of a seat in a plane)! Ours are more relaxed, comfortable & just seems less hard work than driving a Smart for some reason. At then end of the day as long as we all love the cars we bought then nobody else should worry about it really although I do wonder with the amount of people coming on the iQ forum that don't own one if they are slightly gutted they do not have a car they are as happy with as we are with ours as I would not dream of going on the Yaris forum for example to ask why they bought one when they could have got something quicker/cheaper/prettier etc.

Jaine

Wot she said :lol: (I wubs my IQ2) :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links