Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rain Sensing Wipers

Granty&Swanny

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions on car mats. We have opted for the official Toyota rubber mats, and they should be arriving shortly from Parts King.

The next thing I am struggling to understand is the rain sensing wipers. I understand how to turn on the auto wipers using the stalk, but am confused about the adjustable 'band' around the stalk that has four '-' marks against it.

Now I am presuming this is some sort of sensitivity adjustment, but I find no difference in wiper speed or actuation when the band is in different settings. From memory there are three '-' marks and a '+-' mark on the lowest setting.

Can anyone confirm the use and what the different settings do? I have read through the manual, and unless it's in a seperate section cannot find anything explaining these.

We have an 07 Auris 2.2 T180 D4D incase there are variations based on model types.

Thanks in advance

Granty&Swanny

Edit: added model

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions on car mats. We have opted for the official Toyota rubber mats, and they should be arriving shortly from Parts King.

The next thing I am struggling to understand is the rain sensing wipers. I understand how to turn on the auto wipers using the stalk, but am confused about the adjustable 'band' around the stalk that has four '-' marks against it.

Now I am presuming this is some sort of sensitivity adjustment, but I find no difference in wiper speed or actuation when the band is in different settings. From memory there are three '-' marks and a '+-' mark on the lowest setting.

Can anyone confirm the use and what the different settings do? I have read through the manual, and unless it's in a seperate section cannot find anything explaining these.

We have an 07 Auris 2.2 T180 D4D incase there are variations based on model types.

Thanks in advance

Granty&Swanny

Edit: added model

Hi the sensitivity settings are for the speeds when on intermittent wipe, dont think there is nothing to do with the rainsensing wipers.

It is for sensitivity adjustment, if you turn it up the wipers will come on when there is less rain on the sensor.

However as the sensor covers such a small area of the screen it is still a bit hit and miss, I very rarely adjust the sensitivity on my Camry.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links