Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Faults

allen2502

my car as listed, t-spirit.

a dream to drive (53 plate) now (60.000)

luckily for toyota as if not i would tell them where to shove it.

........................ small list oif faults..........................

aircon failed. twice

door seals back bothe sides, and front drivers side.

all lights replaced. once

all backs on lights replaced . twice

seat base drivers side. once

who;le drivers seat. once

horn. once

drivers air bag. once

centre compartment. twice

glove box catch. once

water in boot. once

oxy sensors. three

squeaky brakes. 5 times

cracked radiator. once

cat converter. once

ecu. once

Battery. once

front bumper leveling bracket? once

stereo turns itself off. seems to have stopped now.

rear heated window, doesnt clear. they wont fix because it had a sticker there????

there !Removed! sticker that they put there to advertise there !Removed! garage.

and that folks is just what i can remember for now>>>>>>>

wayhay//////////

more to add

power steering seems on its way out?

also warranty people screwed me over. you want to know how and why? then reply.

Sorry to hear your problems mate. I would have traded it in by now

Sorry to hear your problems mate. I would have traded it in by now

I wish i had never bought thye !Removed! thing. i have never been in and out of a garage so many times in my entire life.

toyota world NEWPORT? they have had to redo nearly everything at least twice.

quick example?????

the day i bought my car? went straight to newport council garage to get my taxi plate.....

IT FAILED, ok so it was only faulty windscreen Wiper Blades, but this car was suppose to have a FULL MOT and FULL major service. before i picked it up?

you want more stories? then reply to me.................

and ill give u moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Did you buy the car from Toyota World Newport, and if so, over what timescale did the faults arise, and were any repairs done under warranty?

I'd get in touch direct with Toyota head office if that car had a full service and inspection before sale at an franchised dealer.

Yep from toyota world newport. nearly all the faults were carried out under warranty?its a 53 plate i bought the car 14mnths ago, and have been in the garage at least twice every single mnth without fail. it did have a full service history, from a fleet company.

ONE inor problem is this?

Im a full time NHS employee.... that parts not the problem

Im a part time taxi driver and bought this car with the intentions of being a taxi driver?

the car i traded in was a taxi, and i have made no secret of this matter. they said i must de taxify my car when i bring it in?

as i am not allowed to be a taxi driver under the terms of the warranty?

MY ANSWER

I AM A TAXI DRIVER AND I AM TELLING YOU THAT I AM A TAXI DRIVER.

so if anything goes wrong i expect it to be sortted? one way or another.

no problem sir i was told it will be, you just need to take your badges and all off the car.

i pointed out that i have a CB radio which will be fittied and this will not be able to be removed?

thats ok.

Hi,

This sounds horrendous!

Having recently bought a 1.8 auto,I hope your experience is not typical!,however I have had complete steering column

replaced under warranty.

I would be interested to know what your drivers seat problem was as mine creaks all the time?

Cheers,

Phil.

Hi,

This sounds horrendous!

Having recently bought a 1.8 auto,I hope your experience is not typical!,however I have had complete steering column

replaced under warranty.

I would be interested to know what your drivers seat problem was as mine creaks all the time?

Cheers,

Phil.

My seat started when i went over a speed bump? very slowley, and i heard like a click/crack sort of noise??

so next time i was in the garage having one of the many things listed above looked at, i asked if they would take a look at the seat?

they came back to me saying the base had broke? and it would need a new base. took three days to sort it out as they have to arrange for a leather expert to come out and strip the old seat down, they then replace new base and then rebook the leather expert to cme back out and redo the leather again.

I left the garage then late that day before they shut got a mile down the road and the seat was bucking like a bronco? they hadnt bolted it down properly? so had to go back the following day for them to rebolt it/

thennnnnnnnnnnnn..............

the following day i noticed it was still rocking so had to take it back for tthem to recheck it again? this time they bolted it down properly?

or so i thought.

NOW the bracket was broke, a non replacable part? so now it needed a whole new seat £2154 to replace on top of the approx £1000 for the base? luckily warranty and garage were sorting it all out.

as for getting rid and moving on???? i wish i could i bought the car 15mnths ago, before cars started to plummet, 4 years finance still owe over £6000 on the car. what car mag value the car for sale at between £4800. and £5400 and £4600 for part ex (in good condition) my car at present needs? a new ECU, plus a new catalytic convertor,toatl price for both parts with labour £2104 with discount etc etc they will let me have for £1600.

so would you buy a car for nearly £6000 and then pay nearly £2000 to get it working properly?

i just bought an avensis t3x 1.8 which i pick up next week , iknow it does'nt have sat nav but some sort of trip comp can anyone elaberate ?

or are there any sites i could look at , i have never owned a new,ish car befor and don't know anything about the avensis 04 does anyone

have any helpful hints or tips( things to keep an eye on) thanks. :

i just bought an avensis t3x 1.8 which i pick up next week , iknow it does'nt have sat nav but some sort of trip comp can anyone elaberate ?

or are there any sites i could look at , i have never owned a new,ish car befor and don't know anything about the avensis 04 does anyone

Hi mate and welcome to the forum, as you are new you may not know that you should start a new post for your question as it isn't relative to this one(although reading all of the above posting you may wish you hadn't bought one).

Go to the top and click "new topic" and you will get the ball rolling from there with your first post, you will get a good response i'm sure. Also if you go to the "search toyota owners club" box you can type in a subject to look at past history on your type of question.

Cheers Pete.

Hi mate and welcome to the forum, as you are new you may not know that you should start a new post for your question as it isn't relative to this one(although reading all of the above posting you may wish you hadn't bought one).

Go to the top and click "new topic" and you will get the ball rolling from there with your first post, you will get a good response i'm sure. Also if you go to the "search toyota owners club" box you can type in a subject to look at past history on your type of question.

Cheers Pete.

Thanks pete just done what you sugested.

Way HAY......................................

they have now turned donw the warranty claim?

AND

And have just sent me a bill for previous work carried out on my car.

£2154 for replacement seat.

Engine !Removed! managment light came on last night? please please please dont be something else major?

Oredered myself a diagnostic tool from eBay. what else to do? need to keep on top of things now, with out a warranty.

Not sure how long you had the car before the problems started, but might this be a case for the Trading Standards Office if Toyota won't help? Might be worth threatening Toyota with them anyway. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

was it a toyota extended warranty you purchased with the car. The toyota manufacture warranty would have finished at the latest end of august 2006

manufacturers warranty expired, i bought the car 14mnths ago, they gave me 1years free warranty with the car upon purchase. it run out in feb, so i didnt have a warranty for a mnth or so, untill toyota persauded me to purchase a new policy, and i did. i have always been 100% up front with toyota, they have always known i was a taxi driver.