Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Suspension ? What Do You Recomend

crinks85

as i am now keeping my car i thought i would see what people would recomend for a suspension upgrade,

springs,

spring and shocker kit,

coilovers,

i now money wise there can be a big cost diference between them but i am thinking for a couple of months time so i can save a few pennys in the mean time,

if anyone can give there own experiance or some links to web sites it would be much appreciated,

i was thinking spring shocker kit to try and keep a bit of ride comfort as i would guess coilovers could be quite harsh on the roads i drive on, namely the dales!

I can't complain about my Eibachs, will make yours sit alot better.

Though If I had the money and option I would have deffo gone for some TEIN coilovers. The Eibachs I got from Fensport, £150 Inc VAT & Next day Delivery.

what is the difference between 'basic' and ' super street' , there is only £60 difference in price. springs are the easiest option but my shockers have covered 98k miles so i wouldnt think they would be up to the job, which then put me onto the thought of a g-max spring and sport shocker set about £440, and for a bit more money £690 for tein super street £630 tein basic, i am a spirited driver and think sprigss an standard shockers might just be a waste of time,

:unsure:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m14b0s914p0

what is the difference between 'basic' and ' super street'

You can adjust dampening on super street.

Dan

what is the difference between 'basic' and ' super street'

You can adjust dampening on super street.

Dan

i am not planning on tracking it so would the basic be more suited road use

the super streets will allow you to fine tune the ride quality to suit your needs and desires. . . . :) much like jessica waBBit ;) haha

has anyone on here had a set fitted ? wouldnt mind seeing a pic of a corolla with them fitted ,

richiemk has a set of TEIN coilovers, however cant remember if they are basics or SS. :) his thred is in the first few pages.

cool i will have a look

My shocks have covered 90k and ive just fitted Eibachs no problems.

I personally didnt go for Coilovers because of cost, if however i did alot of Track Days etc, i would have but didnt think it was worth spending that much for 99% Road use.... just my opinion of course ....

More £££££ for other goodies ....

I wouldnt want any more than a 30mm drop with the state of our roads and humps etc ....

My shocks have covered 90k and ive just fitted Eibachs no problems.

I personally didnt go for Coilovers because of cost, if however i did alot of Track Days etc, i would have but didnt think it was worth spending that much for 99% Road use.... just my opinion of course ....

More £££££ for other goodies ....

I wouldnt want any more than a 30mm drop with the state of our roads and humps etc ....

Perfect reasoning. You don't need fully adjustable suspension for everyday driving. The cost far out weighs the use.

Dan

i do agree about costs but i wuld definately replace the front shocks, to be on the safe side if i used lowering springs, if i changed the springs onto my orignal shockers and then one went i would be annoyed, has anyone used g-max suspension before? i lowered my last car (polo) and i did bust a shocker .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...%3D1&_rdc=1

found these but they seem cheap

the spring and shocker set i was looing at was Koni adjustables

and not g-max

heres a link to see what people think

http://www.potn.co.uk/p1357779.htm

Koni have been around for as long as i can remember and ive never heard of any horror stories, if you have your heart set thengo for it fella ..... :thumbsup:

Just remember, the springs only route would leave you with almost £300 to spend else where, good luck either way ...

Why not ask Mr T how much these will set you back?

TTE FTW..

are these still available? never seen them on the website before!

wouldnt mind finding out how much these are, does the 50mm drop mean that on a facelift i would get 35mm drop approx. same as everywhere else?

I'm waiting for a price on these from Parts King, will let you know what price I get.

I was told you get 50mm on the facelift

I'm waiting for a price on these from Parts King, will let you know what price I get.

I was told you get 50mm on the facelift

that would be awesome dude, probably get pee.d off a bit getting asked the same question three or four times lol

50mm on a facelift? hell of a drop that is, look mint, just would it be practical?

We should start a poll on the price of this kit, i reckon it will be almost £1000 :eek:.

I dont think people are too concerned about comfortableness if they want a 50mm drop.

Would be nice if it was closer to £700.

Hmmm...

£650! That's my vote.

I've got D2 coils and they are pretty good. Cheap also.

Just go for softer springs or you get quite hard ride. :)

I would've bought TEIN's also but they don't have tüv approvement.

I've got D2 coils and they are pretty good. Cheap also.

Just go for softer springs or you get quite hard ride. :)

I would've bought TEIN's also but they don't have tüv approvement.

Love the look of your ride... beautiful

And yours too T sport, love the white rims

what is the drop from standard? how much are the D2's?

Surprised Teins arent TUV approved, there a big, well known brand

Id have this kit if its cheaper than the coils but unlikely

£400.... i wish :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links