Do Not Sell My Personal Information

M S N Hack?

GIDDLEPIN

Anne's msn logs out suddenly then I get a message from her with an attached link, she says that she hasn't sent anything and fortunately I don't open links posted without explanation, this has also happened with another one of my contacts (Rob (Jaxx))

Has anybody had the same problem?

Usually a virus on the pc, it fires off links to people in the msn contact list. Run a full scan with 'hijack this' or similar.

seen this a few times.. weird messages from friends.

I'm having a similar sounding problem with gmail :(

I pay most of my utilities on line by direct debit to my account. So when the notification of my due bill arrives, I can open it, but when I click on the link to view it in depth, a notice comes up that Windows has a problem & has to close.

I get around it by forwarding to myself & my Hotmail account. Everything opens perfectly there. :o

I pay most of my utilities on line by direct debit to my account. So when the notification of my due bill arrives, I can open it, but when I click on the link to view it in depth, a notice comes up that Windows has a problem & has to close.

I get around it by forwarding to myself & my Hotmail account. Everything opens perfectly there. :o

I fixed this problem one someones pc by runny spybot search and destroy

There’s hacking going on everywhere! It’s very prevalent on here for some reason; maybe there are a lot of viruses with itchy fingers... :unsure:

I fixed this problem one someones pc by runny spybot search and destroy

My PC is fine it just seems to be Anne's lap top, she has run "C Cleaner" so we will see how it goes....

I must admit I can't see any form of redness on her fingers but I will definitely keep my eye open for it :yes: Thanks for the warning TVOR :thumbsup:

i get this from my friends when they come online!! advertising diet pills and weight loss programmes!! (think they are trying to tell me something!!)

Although CCleaner is good it will not find any malware.

I suggest you use this to check your system: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

I once did a computer scan. Had 80,000 infections! :o

Took forever to quarantine it.

And thats why you never turn of AVG to save memory for gaming. :lol:

I find ad-adware a very good extra to run along ones resident security like avg

regular scans help keep ones system running sweet.

Have since found out my 'message' went out to all sorts of peeps.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :censor:

Have since found out my 'message' went out to all sorts of peeps.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :censor:

Start with the de-virusing then. Download "Hijack this" and "SpyBot Search and Destroy". Then switch to off-line and run the tools.

(and then stop going to **those** kind of sites ;) ).

Start with the de-virusing then. Download "Hijack this" and "SpyBot Search and Destroy". Then switch to off-line and run the tools.

(and then stop going to **those** kind of sites ;) ).

sobs...............but I don't use them kinda sites honest :o

This has happened to many of my friends.

Three main programs I use..

Spybot Search & Destroy

Malbytes

ComboFix (this is awesome for fiddly virus's...)

Also, You'll find that the virus controlling MSN is run by a silly automated bot, if she simply changes her password it'll stop doing it.

Edit: Erm, Late reply! :lol:

I just got a link forwarded from Anne's msn - im presuming this is the hack? I didnt click on it , hopefully that means im not at risk?

T x

As long as you didn't click the link, you'll be fine ..