Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Banner Design

ricc

Hi,

I dont want to be rude and I hope this isnt seen as such. Id like to offer my services for shal we say 'revamping' the forum banner. I know its simple and effective but I think it lacks a certain 'je ne sais quoi'.

If you fancy something fresh I have a few ideas I could knock up.

Ricc.

Personally speaking, I think the forum banner as it stands is - well - rubbish !

It blends so nicely into the colour scheme of the forum though :P

Something a bit brighter/warmer would be an improvement IMO. You got any ideas up your sleeve?

Feel free to post up your efforts if it isn't too much trouble, you never know one might get used.. but don't be offended if it is prefered to keep it as it is too.

ill bash a few things together without too much effort :)

do we know if it is limited to the current size? or if we can make it slightly wider?

Not sure.

You could drop Steve a PM if you liked, he's probably the best person to ask about that sort of thing.

ill bash a few things together without too much effort :)

do we know if it is limited to the current size? or if we can make it slightly wider?

Keep it conservative tho!

I'm sure there were talks of having a competition for this years ago.

A competiotion sounds like a winner to me.... I like seeing other peoples ideas. How hard would it be to 'set up'? And talked about properly by the mods?

A competiotion sounds like a winner to me.... I like seeing other peoples ideas. How hard would it be to 'set up'? And talked about properly by the mods?

I'll bring it up at the daily meeting.

Expect replies soon.

Ooooooo daily meeting! Is that you ripping the ***** outa me or does it actually happen?! haha

Ooooooo daily meeting! Is that you ripping the ***** outa me or does it actually happen?! haha

No, I have thrown it out there!

Hey hey, any updates on this Mr. JB??

Dont think that any of the 'upper' management have logged in but the general census amungst the mods are that it is a good idea. Demonic seems to think she suggested it a while ago.

sounds a good idea.. as long as its not too riced up i will be happy to look at a load.

Sadly I think it would be too controvertial to include members cars in this....in the sense that I'm fairly sure lots of members would love their cars used somewhere but the process of selection would be too inconsistent.

lol i was kidding, would be over whelmed tho! how about black and red theme! or whats toyotas kind of official colours hmmmmmmmm

Sadly I think it would be too controvertial to include members cars in this....in the sense that I'm fairly sure lots of members would love their cars used somewhere but the process of selection would be too inconsistent.

Can't see the controversy myself . At the end of the day ( and judging from the artwork you already have on this forum ) you'll include things that fit and complement the overall design, rather than shoehorning in someones car because they asked.

A banner for the Toyota Owners Club surely can include members cars if they look right in the design. The choice is yours IMO Ricc, you're the creative force behind this.

True, some good points to be fair.

Its all about the images, IF an image is posted that works then it will get used in some shape or form.

Either way i think to compliment whats already going on it needs to be a slick design. Things will have to stad out and be identifiable. A banner that needs a page of A4 explaining it just isnt going to work :D haha

And of course that all depends on whether or not anything created actually gets used.

And thanks for the compliments.