• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigmo

• AygoYugo

• AYGOgummy

• Angryhatter

• 2 weeks later...

Just had to fill her up for the second time and got my first results..

334 miles on the beep and 45.3 MPG. Compared to some this doesn't sound great but I'm quite happy with it. It's all stop-start urban traffic with the odd 10 mile motorway trip (twice a month if that). I expect that it'll get better as the engine loosens up a bit.

It certainly beats my last car that averaged 21.2 MPG! :eek:

some varied milages coming out here..

I'm just about to use up the last of my very first tank in this new aygo.

I will be interested see what i get as i have been going gentle on it - and has been a real mix of driving!

if i get 50 mpg or higher i will be VERY happy with that, but really dont want see any less than 45mpg...even if the car is new.

will let you all know what i get - I'm expecting to refuel on friday at the rate i'm going! Got two blobs left on the display...but being using one for the last few miles so it must be getting close!

The results are in....

411 Miles...

On 32.17 Litres of morrisons finest petrol...

= 58 MPG!!!!!

WHOOOHOOOO! very very pleased with that!

Thats the very first tank of petrol in my new aygo...so hopefully it will get better as time goes on!

• 3 weeks later...

I managed 466 last week, to the beep.

I then drove another 30 miles to the petrol station. I was only a couple of miles off 500 miles per tank :D

Mine came up a few miles after the beep at 482.3miles when I finally filled up....pretty good I think, but that was with some motorway driving.

Filled up today after 444miles with 30.42ltrs, which assuming I had 4.5ltrs left in my 35ltr tank would of taken me another 65miles break over 500miles on a tank.

I never wait with filling a tank just before it gets dry empty so I can only guess.. The best for me is 57.5 mpg (combined) - did 320miles and still had 3 bars on a fuel gauge.

• 2 weeks later...

:( My new Aygo(done 700 miles) gave 320 milage for 30 Litres of Petrol on City roads. Can any one suggent IS THIS NORMAL ? Is it true that Aygo gives low milage before first servicing ? Please comment.

:( My new Aygo(done 700 miles) gave 320 milage for 30 Litres of Petrol on City roads. Can any one suggent IS THIS NORMAL ? Is it true that Aygo gives low milage before first servicing ? Please comment.

When my Aygo was new it was doing about 44 mpg on urban roads. It does more than that now

That mileage is similar to what we get from ours when running round town.

How much would you like?

:( My new Aygo (done 700 miles) gave 320 milage for 30 Litres of Petrol on City roads. Can any one suggent IS THIS NORMAL ? Is it true that Aygo gives low milage before first servicing ? Please comment.

A brand new engine is ''tight'' and will use more fuel until it ''beds in.''

I'm currently doing some testing on this very subject.

I'll be able to post the results in a couple of days.

But I repeat - fuel consumption can only be accurately measured by twice filling

the fuel tank to the brim and noting the milage on both occasions.

Nothing to worry.. your engine needs to bed in.. give it a few k miles. And now you're using 10W-40 oil.. Once you run it in for a few k miles and go to 1st service (after 12 months) ask them to fill it with 5W-40 (bring your oil with you).. that will improve your mpg too.

Just came back from a 200 mile each way road trip. Got exactly 100 miles on the first blip then the beep came at 399 miles.

When I filled up the mileage was 426.7 miles and I put 33.32 litres in.

58.2 MPG not bad.

I am now able to compare the fuel consumption of the second full tank with the first full tank, from new.

Miles per gallon have improved by 9.95 percent from 44.24 to 48.64 mpg.

Notes:

Aygo Blue 3-door manual gear box.

Identical usage (to and from work + odd run to local shops).

Run to and from work - 6 mile round trip and involves stopping engine 8 times.

(I stop to lock the garage, I stop at security, I stop to pick up some keys, I stop at the car park)

No single journey has ever exceeded 5 miles.

No passenger has ever been carried.

No other driver has ever been used.

No motorway has ever been used.

Never exceeded 50 mph (all local roads 30 mph + 40 mph)

Deliberately refuelled after identical milage - 328 miles - and brim full tank.

Hopefully I will reach 50 mpg one day. :thumbsup:

My MPG seems to average around 48-51mpg. Involves 20miles p/w urban driving to and from work, and 65 miles motorway at weekends when i go to see the misses.

• 4 weeks later...

Over the last 75 litres I've been averaging just a fraction under 59mpg. Quite a bit of motorway driving, but some town work too so overall very pleased. :)

• 1 month later...

First 1400 miles in 5 door manual Aygo Blue brim to brim filling each time 50.2 MPG so that would be 386 miles to a dry tank.

Driving 95% motorway no jams, indicated 70mph, using scangauge to squeeze as much out as possible, Miss Daisy type of driving.

I think the economy is pants and nowhere near the quoted 52,62,72 or there abouts. At the very least I'm doing combined driving but not even getting the urban figure.

Squashed a lovely 106 (OK diesel) that gave 62 mpg average over the 103K miles I owned it, all the same routes.

If I had know the Aygo was so poor I would not have bought it.

Sorry - not the spirit of this thread.

Disappointed of Reading.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn... I'm a bit disappointed ! :(

Just fuelled up to the brim for the third time and got a drop in miles per gallon.

Same distance (328 miles) and same short runs but down from

48.64 miles per UK gallon to

45.07 miles per UK gallon.

Must be the sub-zero weather we're having ! :lol:

Since new it's 984 miles for 21.4346 UK gallons or 45.91 mpg.

Well, my Aygo barely had any fuel in it when I picked it up from the dealer. I put petrol in (not full) and got 350 miles out of that tank. I filled up again (to over 36 litres!) and the second blob disappeared at 205 miles. If I can aim for the 420 mark this time, I'll be very happy! And my driving is quite mixed at the moment - primarily urban so it's not going to be the best. I'll report back when the beep comes on!

Must be the sub-zero weather we're having ! :lol:

Maybe a fact afterall...

The engine does race ahead in cold weather and I do a lot of cold starting.

My New Year Resolution is to achieve 50 mpg. :thumbsup:

Third blob just disappeared on 245 miles, so now on half tank. I'm aiming for 400 miles!! :D

EDIT 3/1/2010 - Fourth blob gone at 310 miles... two blobs left. Hope I make it to 400 :P