Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is The Revised 2009 Aygo Leak Free & Quieter

toxicmango

Looking to buy an Aygo under the scrappage scheme. The dealer says new Aygo 2009 model have been revised so that they are quieter and also new door seals so that they will not leak. was interested in the blue 2009 5 door model. Just wanted to know whether any owners of the revised 2009 aygo would be willing to share their experiences as to whether the car is now leak free/quieter. Thanks

From what ive read online, yes the 2009 model has been soundproofed more, and hopefully has the leaking sorted. I still have my doubts tho, but i still went ahead an ordered the Aygo Blue 2 weeks ago. Ill be getting mine June 2ndish so Ill do a full review when i get it.

Looking to buy an Aygo under the scrappage scheme. The dealer says new Aygo 2009 model have been revised so that they are quieter and also new door seals so that they will not leak. was interested in the blue 2009 5 door model. Just wanted to know whether any owners of the revised 2009 aygo would be willing to share their experiences as to whether the car is now leak free/quieter. Thanks

Definately a lot quieter than the 58 I test drove. It was raining today and didn't notice any leaks but feel its too early to give a deffo answer, will look after the next major downpour.

Thanks for the replies so far. at this stage am very tempted by it. I realise the limitation of the car but am looking for it as a second car which will be used for trip to work which is city roads approx 6 miles away/local shopping with the main car - focus, will be usedfor the heavy duty/long distance journey. I have a starlet 1.3 which has been a great servant but is getting on a bit think there will be savings to be had with the aygo on road tax/fuel. was considering hyundai i20 but the aygo is the right size for my drive and from what i have heard the mpg of i20 is more in the region of 40's and on the aygo it is in the 50's - every little helps in these times

Thanks for the replies so far---

This link should answer your question

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=95168

If it helps, the winner of the lowest depreciating car in 2008 was the Aygo. Hyundai's resale value wont be as strong. If you find a diesel Aygo (deleted from the range in 2007), they'll return at least 60mpg even with a heavy foot and is better at cruising on the motorway.

6 miles to work in the city?! I'd buy a scooter for that, beat the traffic and parking. If you're concerned about safety, look at the 3 wheeled piaggio MP3 or the crumple zoned, seatbelts & roll cage of a BMW C1 scooter. The Piaggio hexagon, X9, X8 and Honda Fes all have decent luggage space too.

Good luck

6 miles to work in the city?! I'd buy a scooter for that, beat the traffic and parking. If you're concerned about safety, look at the 3 wheeled piaggio MP3 or the crumple zoned, seatbelts & roll cage of a BMW C1 scooter. The Piaggio hexagon, X9, X8 and Honda Fes all have decent luggage space too.

Good luck

hi there car will be used to drop little one of to nursery and other local shopping which may include baby in tow so scooter out of the question

6 miles to work......

My wife's Aygo does the exact same.

Mixture of gentle slopes, one long hill and usually queuing about

10 -20% of the way.

Winter......(heater on, from freezing cold) 48mpg.

Summer......(usually with aircon) 54mpg.

Ian.

Not many reports of new cars - so maybe no news is good news. Have decided to commit. Unfortunately - local dealers not really willing to barter especially as i am looking to use scrappage scheme and p/x another car. Will get free mats - but not as good as others. I could sell car privately - but would rather buy the aygo outright. Besides I got my car last year for £5000 and dealer is offering £4500. The Hyundai dealer was not willing to p/x. On a positive note should get the aygo blue 5 door in a few weeks or so.

Is the leaking a big issue with pre-2009 aygo's?

Mine is a 55 and seems to have no issues whatsoever.

I bought it on eBay as a repaired car as the previous owner had (nearly) written it off and put a new front bumper on it.

The car seems great at the moment, and we've had a lot of rain.

Is the leaking a big issue with pre-2009 aygo's?

Mine is a 55 and seems to have no issues whatsoever.

I bought it on eBay as a repaired car as the previous owner had (nearly) written it off and put a new front bumper on it.

The car seems great at the moment, and we've had a lot of rain.

I don't think every aygo leaks but for those who suffer from a leaking car it is a major issue - which is understandable - i would be unhappy if my car leaked everytime it rained. Hopefully my aygo blue will be fine

By reading the tech specs.document posted up on here it does seem to suggest the 'new' Aygo has more sound deadening material and therefore should be quieter. Wouldn't have. Seems to be a better car all round IMHO.

I removed my sound deadening material from the bonnet and took out the panel filter for a K&N one and it sounds a lot louder and better now. The 3 pot engine sound is something to encourage and nurture.

Regards

Andy

the winner of the lowest depreciating car in 2008 was the Aygo

and now anyone trying to sell their aygo will lose out on thousands of pounds worth due to the new scrappage system... me & my mate worked out you can buy a brand new platinum for £5500. :( bad times.

The scrappage scheme is a problem for all used car sellers, but why would you want to sell your ickle Aygo!?

The scrappage scheme is a problem for all used car sellers, but why would you want to sell your ickle Aygo!?

What will be interesting to see will be the skewered prices for these cars (bought new today) when used in 3 years time. Not just the Aygo, but also those selling well under the scrappage scheme. I personally don't care too much as I intend to keep my Aygo for between 4 - 5 years.

My daughter has a 2007 Black model and that did leak badly before it had the new door seals fitted, I think I am sure that it has been cured now.

But, having been into the local dealership this past few days I did look at a brand new showroom model and it does not have the same seals fitted, in fact it looks the same as my daughter's did when it was standard.

Of course not all Aygos leak and I sincerly hope the new models don't leak but having seen what I did I am not convinced the problem will be fully cured unless all new cars are fitted with the redesigned door seals.

I would imagine that Toyota have improved the leaking problem with the restyled Aygo given the issues it has caused for the pre-2009 models. Well, they better had have done because ours arrives in a month!

I intend to keep the Aygo until it dies - or I drown inside it, whichever comes first.

I've discovered another possibility for a leak, since mine is leaking there:

The two holes in the glass for the bolts that hold on the boot-handle-thingie.

A while ago I noticed some rusto on the lock-bracket, but last night I had water

in my boot, with traces leading off of the seal just underneath the bracket.

And two traces of water just below thows two holes...

Back to the dealer!

Oh dear :(

It seems there are many places the Aygo can leak from!

I'm a new member, but have had my Aygo platinum since December 08. Fine during the snow and ice of winter, but as soon as the wet windy spring weather started, I've had problems with leaks from drivers door resulting in puddle of standing water in drivers footwell.

Dealer has tried very hard to sort this, replaced door seal, replaced back of speaker in door, and finally adding modified extra seal.

No improvement whatsoever. Very, very regretably, I'm considering biting the bullet and rejecting the car. It's only got 2250 miles on clock :( ..... but would be willing to have another go with a new replacment, because I know they don't all leak, and apart from having wet feet when driving, I just love that little smiley faced car.

Welcome to the club, flowerpower!

With only 2250 miles on the clock, I'm not surprised you're considering rejecting it. I don't really know what the best option is, but there don't seem to have been any horror stories regarding the 09 Aygo yet.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links