Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Bored With Their Auris?

Modena

Ive had my car since July 08... getting bored with it.

Coming from a turbo Nissan Skyline to a 4 cyl NA isnt that exciting.

If money was no object, Id be in a sporty car in no time or kept my Skyline.

Sure its comfy and goes ok, but no sportyness and doesnt go fast enough...

Lo dude, why didn't you get an TRD Aurion or something? I hear TRD in AU are working either on the Auris or Rav4 next... If you guys get a TRD Auris, then I'm gonna find out how to import it :E

If money was no object....

:D Yes if money wasn't an issue I would be driving Evo X or Impreza. I moved from Golf GTI to 1.6 Auris but is not that bad. I take my adrenaline from other sources :D

Some other, faster, more sporty and comfty car would be very nice, but Auris do suit my needs for now. It has enough power for city and is doing pretty well outside it's limits too. It's also cheap to drive as it has 1.6 engine, so the tax and petrol is cheaper than for many other cars. But even I know all that, I have many second thoughts...

If Auris would have a bit more quality in it, like an interior which would stay clean for a longer period and wouldn't get scratched so easily and I'd be able to get rid of all the bugs (like squeaky brakes, dash rattles and MM-T problems) I'd be much more happy and wouldn't even consider getting the car which I described in the beginning of this post!

Best regards, Alex

Bored does'nt come close to describing how i feel , the car was bought with the wife in mind , but as soon as my finances improve , the Auris is tost .

Lo dude, why didn't you get an TRD Aurion or something? I hear TRD in AU are working either on the Auris or Rav4 next... If you guys get a TRD Auris, then I'm gonna find out how to import it :E

TRD pulled out and scrapped all plans in Aus unfortunately,even rally.They should've done the Corolla(auris) first cos it's so popular with a good following but went to compete with the V8 yobbos..Then did the Hilux,what was that all about :blink:

A TRD Yaris would've been nice as well but we miss out again :crybaby:

:D Yes if money wasn't an issue I would be driving Evo X or Impreza. I moved from Golf GTI to 1.6 Auris but is not that bad. I take my adrenaline from other sources :D

OOOHH other sources :P :lol: Damn that money issue though, still love my car but its not a race car and wont hit the track,thats where the money issue comes into it i guess,enough for a quick toy for a track. But on the highway 100 is 100 whatever your driving :)

But on the highway 100 is 100 whatever your driving :)

it is also how it feels that 100 :P but is not only that- feeling, handling, acceleration etc. :driving:

YUP YUP!! I AM!!

At first i had the new car craze but now its just another toyota!! Actually its even worse!!

:P

Which Toyota did you own before Auris? I had Yaris and it was way better than Auris. I really enjoyed it!

Best regards, Alex

Its not that the Auris is bad. It is a smart practical long distance cruiser and fills the need of my family and I like driving it. What I think I could do with is fun second car that can be chucked around roundabouts (here in the UK) and country roads.

I am looking at something like the Toyota IQ 1.3333 (when it comes out), Yaris SR, Smart Brabus, Smart turbo or the Suzuki Swift Sport. I can't afford anything with a bigger engine and the IQ will probably be way to expensive when it comes out.

So whats the general consensus among Auris Owners - as to the cars abilities, are they a worthwhile improvement on the Corollas that came before them - do you find reliability and driving characteristics good.

Would you recommend one - and would it be worthwile having an 07 one instead of an 06 Corolla hatchback

I'm bored to tears with mine, no love for it at all. Last cleaned it about 6 or 7 weeks ago. Only had it 4 months I think

Wow... there seem to be a lot of unhappy auris owners out there! Bad news for Toyota!

The Top magazine gear SR180 review was pretty damning too :ph34r:

My supra used to make me smile every time I got in/started it after 6 years!

I still like my t180 after 2 years

Having said that i was getting an insurance quote for an Audi S4 Avant this morning as the mrs is having a new car :)

Wouldn't say I am bored with the car, but I am irritated by the interior rattles which still haven't been fixed properly after 2 visits and loss of vehicle for 3 days, brakes seem to have stopped squeeking after 3 visits, fingers crossed.

If it was time to change, then I might give the new Mazda 3 a look. If you can get past the Pug-like front grill the 2.2D Sport diesel(185ps) looks a good bet all for £19,900 (probably knock something off that). Probably better built than the Auris, handling like the Focus, and more power....

From Mazda website: http://www.mazda.co.uk/showroom/mazda3/Maz...atchback-specs/

Heated front windscreen

Bluetooth® connectivity

Cruise control

6-CD autochanger

Auto-dimming rear-view mirror

Rain-sensitive auto wipers and dusk-sensing auto headlights

17" alloy wheels

Front and rear sports bumpers

Side skirts

6-speed manual transmission (1)

i-stop sustainable technology (2)

Sports bucket-type front seats (heated with 5-stage setting?)

Smart remote keyless entry with engine 'Start' button (1)

Blackout-finish dials with red / blue illumination

Premium Bose® surroud-sound audio system with 6-CD autochanger

Integrated satellite navigation system (3)

Rear parking distance sensors (3)

Metallic / Mica paint (3)

1) Not available on Mazda3 1.6 Sport.

2) Only available on Mazda3 2.0 Sport

3) Standard on Mazda3 2.0 Sport and 2.2D Sport (185ps), optional on 1.6 Sport and 2.2D Sport (150ps).

I must say it is a sad state of affairs for the Auris when their owners come on here to advertise other alternatives due to dis-satisfaction.

Toyota, I hope for your sake that you read these forums and take note on all of this, but sadly i just don't think you do.

If you do then it wouldn't hurt to let yourselves be known to us, the owners and at least show that you are willing to listen at least.

Back to the thread... Well, I can't say i am completely happy with mine because the economy could be better, then brake sqeal is back and the car as some other saids is not exactly exciting. Still, for the £9k that i paid for the kit that i have, i really can't complaint. Or can I?

:unsure:

I must say it is a sad state of affairs for the Auris when their owners come on here to advertise other alternatives due to dis-satisfaction.

Toyota, I hope for your sake that you read these forums and take note on all of this, but sadly i just don't think you do.

If you do then it wouldn't hurt to let yourselves be known to us, the owners and at least show that you are willing to listen at least.

Back to the thread... Well, I can't say i am completely happy with mine because the economy could be better, then brake sqeal is back and the car as some other saids is not exactly exciting. Still, for the £9k that i paid for the kit that i have, i really can't complaint. Or can I?

Toyota do read the forums :)

Its a lot of car for 9k, that is a good price for its age.

The economy is just unfortunate. Here are a few reasons: Compared to other hatches its a VERY heavy car so any time you have to stop and start again or go up hills your economy plumits. Also the engine map could have been better. Like the Mazda 3 mentioned which is basically a ford, max torque comes in lower and its a lighter, the engine efficiency is then spread across a wider range. Also the toyota has a strict DPF. As far as i'm aware it has the lowest nox and particle emissions output of any car in its class, thing is, nobody really cares at the moment. To reduce those gases a lot of work has to be done and it all uses more fuel. Eventually 2014 i think all vehicles will have to conform to Euro VI emissions which say that to start with trucks and vans have to reduce particle and nox emissions aggressively which is going to burn a lot more fuel. Then people will care and consumption will most likely suffer. That is why most people are moving to Common Rail diesel now. To top it off, the auris is tall and wide and no exactly aerodynamic as well as being heavy. So all of those things considered, consumption suffers.

The economy is just unfortunate. Here are a few reasons: Compared to other hatches its a VERY heavy car so any time you have to stop and start again or go up hills your economy plumits. Also the engine map could have been better. Like the Mazda 3 mentioned which is basically a ford, max torque comes in lower and its a lighter, the engine efficiency is then spread across a wider range. Also the toyota has a strict DPF. As far as i'm aware it has the lowest nox and particle emissions output of any car in its class, thing is, nobody really cares at the moment. To reduce those gases a lot of work has to be done and it all uses more fuel. Eventually 2014 i think all vehicles will have to conform to Euro VI emissions which say that to start with trucks and vans have to reduce particle and nox emissions aggressively which is going to burn a lot more fuel. Then people will care and consumption will most likely suffer. That is why most people are moving to Common Rail diesel now. To top it off, the auris is tall and wide and no exactly aerodynamic as well as being heavy. So all of those things considered, consumption suffers.

I dont want to start another 2.2 DCAT argument, however my Passat is a much bigger/heaver car that has a Euro 5 engine and over the last 8mths/30k has averaged 46 MPG, Mr T has no excuses for the poor fuel figures.

Which Toyota did you own before Auris? I had Yaris and it was way better than Auris. I really enjoyed it!

Best regards, Alex

I had my lovely silver toyota corolla, colour collection!! Was in immaculate condition. Loved it 2 pieces but i HAD to get the auris!! Silly me

Cant wait 2 sell my auris. Just waiting for the warranty to expire then no waz am i keepin it!! Too many things can go wrong and i would not feel safe wout the warranty.

Actually i dont feel safe with it either as they hardly do anything about it. Itz just a ***** car really!! Excuse my french! :P

Best regards, Alex

I had my lovely silver toyota corolla, colour collection!! Was in immaculate condition. Loved it 2 pieces but i HAD to get the auris!! Silly me

Cant wait 2 sell my auris. Just waiting for the warranty to expire then no waz am i keepin it!! Too many things can go wrong and i would not feel safe wout the warranty.

Actually i dont feel safe with it either as they hardly do anything about it. Itz just a ***** car really!! Excuse my french! :P

awww i feel pure bad now just after buying an auris there was nothing wrong with my corolla many happy

memories with her :lol:

Still though i need something practical for work and the 1.4 d-4d engine just does it for me!!!!!!!!!

I dont want to start another 2.2 DCAT argument, however my Passat is a much bigger/heaver car that has a Euro 5 engine and over the last 8mths/30k has averaged 46 MPG, Mr T has no excuses for the poor fuel figures.

This is the thing :(

No body cares or is aware of how clean the d-cat engine is

Take your 170ps passat, similar on co2 better on mpg, nox gasses are 0.231 g/km

As an alternative look at the brand new mondeo 2008 175ps 2.2 diesel, again similar co2 and nox at 0.220 g/km

Then the t180 d-cat, co2 similar, nox gasses are 0.087 g/km - way below anything else... even honda, its closest rival.

I completely agree with you, toyota's d-cat system is way over the top on emissions filtering. No other manufacturer cares, there are no strict regulations governing it. Its a fairly unnecessary function which just consumes more fuel. Also toyota should be more adventurous with their maps. But because they are extra cautious max torque is at 2k till 2.6k but VAG / ford and even bmw's start as low as 1.8k and efficiency band lasts longer and is more usable when moving off.

Toyota do read the forums :)

Its a lot of car for 9k, that is a good price for its age.

You do have to wonder why fuel economy is considered so poor, the Auris has a pretty good drag co., however the weight is a worry, especially when Toyota use an all-aluminium engine. Perhaps achieving good impact safety ratings has meant an increase in steel useage throughout the body work and chassis. Most other manufacturers' equivalent models are around 100-150kg lighter without an alloy engine, except the last Megane at 1470kg (talking about equiv SR/T180 here).

You do have to wonder why fuel economy is considered so poor, the Auris has a pretty good drag co., however the weight is a worry, especially when Toyota use an all-aluminium engine. Perhaps achieving good impact safety ratings has meant an increase in steel useage throughout the body work and chassis. Most other manufacturers' equivalent models are around 100-150kg lighter without an alloy engine, except the last Megane at 1470kg (talking about equiv SR/T180 here).

Toyota have one of the biggest impact bar designs which do add a lot of weight! If not the biggest by design. Like the new mazda 3, i think its very nice but it still didn't get Euro 5 NCAP safety. All the toyotas even the IQ get 5 stars because of the impact bar design.

The Auris has proved its safety rating in a bad accident. The police commented how surprised there were at the lack of damage and injury to the occupants considering the speed and impact. It wasn't my car btw.

This is the thing :(

No body cares or is aware of how clean the d-cat engine is

Take your 170ps passat, similar on co2 better on mpg, nox gasses are 0.231 g/km

As an alternative look at the brand new mondeo 2008 175ps 2.2 diesel, again similar co2 and nox at 0.220 g/km

Then the t180 d-cat, co2 similar, nox gasses are 0.087 g/km - way below anything else... even honda, its closest rival.

I completely agree with you, toyota's d-cat system is way over the top on emissions filtering. No other manufacturer cares, there are no strict regulations governing it. Its a fairly unnecessary function which just consumes more fuel. Also toyota should be more adventurous with their maps. But because they are extra cautious max torque is at 2k till 2.6k but VAG / ford and even bmw's start as low as 1.8k and efficiency band lasts longer and is more usable when moving off.

The Nox figures are superb, its just a shame Europe currently use CO2 as the as the yard stick, if the US ever went onto Diesel Toyota would need the low Nox figure to get the car on sale, its makes me wonder if this was what they were thinking....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links