Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering Wheel Shakes

TokeTillDeath420

I have had this problem for a while, just learned to live with it.

Driving at low speeds less then 45 MPH Wheel shake is barely noticable every 5 or 6 seconds while driving and a little worse under heavy braking...

Driving at speeds > 60 MPH Wheel shakes pretty bad but then stops coming and going every 5 or 6 seconds... But its just the wheel if i let go the car still goes for the most part normally straight!

Ive had my tires balanced and the person who balanced it said he tried his best but the more weigths he added didnt really help...

So i took it to a road force machine to check if the rim was bent. He said the rim was not bad but my tire exerted?? a force of 40lbs per something i dunno... and my tire was bad.

I have centering rims correctly sized, and i dont see any bulges on the tire, they are extremely low profile. BUT they did sit in my house for over 2 years with tires mounted and did go flat... possible cause??

My question is, would a bad tire make the wheel shake, and then stop?? understandable fast speeds is worse. Just wondering about coming and going... you can almost count it out.

have you had your steering rack checked? intermittent shaking is unlikely to be the wheels/tyres as you'd easily complete 10-15 wheels revs in that time, probably more therefore it would be a consistent shaking/vibrating.

Actually my steering rack is brand new, but i had it shaking before the new steering rack...

Just posted this on a similar thread here.

Next best guess would be a warped disc rotor .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links