Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Judder Between 50-80 Mph

NiallB99

Hi chaps and chapettes,

I have an st202 jap import on a 96 plate. When I accelerate between 40 and 80 mph I get a judder from the front wheels. It feels as if it is coming from the front drivers wheel. There are no problems with the superstrut suspension or figure of 8 links. The brakes are fine and it just passed the MOT the other day. I have yet to try the front wheels on the rear and vice versa.

I have only recently bought this car and am therefore unaware if the wheel may be buckled or not.

I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions I could try ofr a possible solution?

I was wondering what the likelyhood would be of a damage drive shaft?

Cheers in advance

try doing those speeds without braking at all untill you get to 70 mph, a cold disc wont seem warped , hence it passed the mot , once they get hot they go out of line and can rub on the brake pads . if it seems ok do some braking and get the discs hot , see if the wobble reutuns.

Warped discs aren't an MOT failure which is why it wouldn't have been picked up on the MOT if it is even the discs. As long as the brake pressure is correct then they are happy. Not going to be the discs anyway cause if it was it would happen all the time not just at certain speeds.

I had a similar problem with my 944 between 45 and 60 and that turned out to be worn bushes. These won't show up on the MOT sometimes as they can seem quite solid under pressure. Links could also cause poblems.

First thing fiorst though, do the simple/cheap stuff and get the wheels balanced, also means you can have a good poke around yourself while the wheels off.

I swapped the wheels from front to back and found there are no spigot rings and reckon this may be the cause of the judder. I have posted a new topic with a pic of my wheels. If anyone can tell me what make and model they are it would be great.

Cheers for the help everyone

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links