Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help - Over Heating Issues Gen 7 Celica

khaos

Hi all.....

i need some advice and maybe a fix if possible...

i have just recently moved myself and my car to cyprus and over the last few months i have noticed in the higher heat that my cars fans are constantly working after a few mins of driving.

I have checked the cooolant levels and they are fine ( not losing anything) The oil is fine too....

why is the car getting so hot so quick and eventualy starts flashing H for dangerously hot...????

if anyting can give me some advice to where and what i can try i would appreciate it...

Thanks

you could try an take the thermastat out so the water is constantly circulating (wow 2 big words but probly spelt wrong lol) that way it shouldnt get as hot,

or take it to your local garage an get it checked out you might just need to try an get more cold air in depends on the heat over there

you could try an take the thermastat out so the water is constantly circulating (wow 2 big words but probly spelt wrong lol) that way it shouldnt get as hot,

or take it to your local garage an get it checked out you might just need to try an get more cold air in depends on the heat over there

If you have aircon "on" the fan will run constantly but even in a hot country the car should not overheat. Try to get the cooling system flushed. You may have a thermostat jammed slightly open. Ok in UK but not in Cyprus.

thanks guys...

i have just had another look at it again when dawn broke out and the levels of my coolant were below minimum and thus just topped up on fluid.....the car is running fine again and even tho i notice the fans coming on after a few mins of driving in the heat......the meter shows lit the 3rd bar from the HOT end so im guessing all is ok now?...

I am going to stick my K&N typhoon (newest model) induction kit....will this help to keep the temperature even lower in a country with a hot climate?

thanks again

fit a sports thermostat that opens at a lower tempreature will help - how fitting an induction kit will cool the engine is beyond me . thats not the type of cold air feed that andy mentioned , he means getting more cold air onto the engine area via the front grill etc . fitting a induction kit in cyprus heat will cause more problems as the engine will be fed warm air due to heat soak from the engine , cold air contains more oxygen ,hence a bigger bang in the chambers.

my fans kick on after a few mins of driving here in the uk ( gen 7 140 ) all my coolant levels are normal and oil is fine, thermostat has been changed

ive never had any problems with heating car still runs at normal temperatures might be a clogged up sensor but dont think its nothing to worry about unless it goes pass normal temperatures

thanks again folks....

i have looked again at the car and indeed there is a leak happening at one of the bottom corners of my rad. that and the levels now of the coolant have been falling after a few days.....so typically im looking at maybe a new radiator if there is no chance of repairing the old one..

was looking at this in particular but will any replacement cooler do?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-CELICA-1-8i-1...%3A2%7C294%3A50

are there any other choices you guys can gimme for this as i dont want to end up with a cracking bill when i can fix the old one?...any help will be much appreciated

cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links