Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Miles On Your Aygo After Delivery?

Darth Sabre

An interesting point was brought up in the UK Scrappage scheme about how the cars get transported from the Czech Republic to the UK.

What was the miles on your clock when you picked up your Aygo from the dealership.

Haven't received mine yet, but now you mention it that sounds quite interesting - I wonder what it'll be.

Here's hoping very low!

The mileage on a new Toyota should be in single figures if not then I’d like to know where and how the extra miles have come from. On my car it had 7 miles on it (but it had gone to the garage for fuel)

Well to be honest I don't really mind that much, whatever the mileage, as long as it's not something silly like 1000 (I'd be like "What did they do - drive it from the factory?!").

Our local Toyota dealership has two petrol stations practically next door to it - a BP one and a Tesco one, so no reason for it to have driven any more than 1 mile!!

You have to take into consideration any driving from depots to dealerships. My VW had 7 on the clock.

Ours had 200, but it had been driven to us from the dealer to us! Other cars I've had have had less than 10.

Dealers zero mileage on receipt of the car (smarts used to be able to do 30 miles before zeroing was locked out) as they will pick up quite a few miles getting on and off the ship. I've been to Immingham and seen Saabs and BMWs being offloaded and the initial storage area was a few miles from the dockside.

An interesting point was brought up in the UK Scrappage scheme about how the cars get transported from the Czech Republic to the UK.

What was the miles on your clock when you picked up your Aygo from the dealership.

It is a long and winding road from the Czech Republic........................................the car should be "run in" by the time you get it ;) :lol: .............

JOKE :lol:

Mine had 3 on the clock from Johnsons,Liverpool.

My route to work takes me past the Jag factory (used to be Fords).I often see the Landrovers being driven to the marshalling yard about 2-3 miles away where they are loaded onto transporters.

Mine had 3 on the clock from Johnsons,Liverpool.

My route to work takes me past the Jag factory (used to be Fords).I often see the Landrovers being driven to the marshalling yard about 2-3 miles away where they are loaded onto transporters.

Getting mine from Johnsons Southport, 'bout ten miles from my house. Hopefully will be similar to yours then.

My car had 7 kilometers on it when I collected it, the one I picked

up with my collegue a week ago had 22 kilometers on it.

I did some asking around and it seems that 50km (30mi)

is about what's the maximum to be acceptable.

30 miles sounds reasonable - then you don't feel like someone's been out driving YOUR car loads before you have!

Ours had 200, but it had been driven to us from the dealer to us! Other cars I've had have had less than 10.

Dealers zero mileage on receipt of the car (smarts used to be able to do 30 miles before zeroing was locked out) as they will pick up quite a few miles getting on and off the ship. I've been to Immingham and seen Saabs and BMWs being offloaded and the initial storage area was a few miles from the dockside.

Sorry but dealers dont zero mileages, it is illegal, you cant offer a new car for sale, run it for miles and re-set the clock, if anybody is found doing that, Trading Standars will be popping round for a chat :rolleyes:

Brand new cars are driven around huge compounds, loaded on transporters, delivered to dealerships, test driven etc etc, there are loads of reasons for some mileage on the clock, if it is zero on the clock when you get the car, then the speedo isnt working or it has been clocked !!!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Yeah, resetting the mileage to 0 would be wrong, so I am expecting quite a few miles when I pick up the Aygo.

Mine had about 5 on the clock when I picked it up. I always thought a test drive was part of the pre-delivery inspection, so not bothered that it wasn't zero

Impossible to get zero miles - and I would be worried if that was indeed the case. I would say that anything more than say 20M would be worrying for me. My previous cars have come single figures from the factory (VW and BMW) and I would expect pretty much the same with our new Aygo too.

It is a long and winding road from the Czech Republic........................................the car should be "run in" by the time you get it ;) :lol: .............

I just keyed Prague to London into the TomTom and got 788mile and 13hrs on the road.

no toyotas will have zero miles. they all go through roll and brake confermation functions and are then driven to the dispatch yard, this means they can have upto 3 miles before leaving the factory. some vehicles will be used for quality audits where they are driven around the test track although if this is the case they usualy have a note in them to explain the additional milage.

All Veyrons come with 300 miles on the clock...

So 30 is not that bad lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the bump, but in answer to my own question. Mine arrived with 8 on the clock.

Sorry for the bump, but in answer to my own question. Mine arrived with 8 on the clock.

So there is obviously no reason for any concern :)

So there is obviously no reason for any concern :)

Only if you worry about how many times it has been started and moved just a few yards with a cold engine during those 8 miles :unsure: .................(But do not worry..........that is one reason you get a warranty) :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
Mine had 5 on it :)

5 on ours too, when we collected last Tuesday.

300 now :D

How are you finding the Aygo owning experience then? Everything you thought it would be so far?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links