Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq 1.33

iPityu

Do anyone know when the 1.3 IQ is coming out, because dealers said different-different things when I asked them? Some said it's July and some said it's October. :wacko: The official IQ blog said it's July, but I definitely need an IQ before Mid-September, because I'd like to go on holiday with that , so I don't know what shall I do wait or go for the 1.0.

Thanks for your answer,

Steven

Do anyone know when the 1.3 IQ is coming out, because dealers said different-different things when I asked them? Some said it's July and some said it's October. :wacko: The official IQ blog said it's July, but I definitely need an IQ before Mid-September, because I'd like to go on holiday with that , so I don't know what shall I do wait or go for the 1.0.

Thanks for your answer,

Steven

Welcome to TOC

Current forcast is before the end of July........................It will have the 6 speed gearbox as well as the 1.3 litre engine with the option of Start/Stop technology.

This may well be the IQ worth waiting for :thumbsup:

Thanks for your quick answer, I hope the information is right and the dealers just wanted to make more profit before July :D

Do the deal now! There will be a wait anyway even if you go mid/late June early July. Better to place the order and be one of the first to pick one up as soon as they land at your dealership.

Do the deal now! There will be a wait anyway even if you go mid/late June early July. Better to place the order and be one of the first to pick one up as soon as they land at your dealership.

Lol....................Are they flying them over from Japan??........................Sorry could not resist :P ;) :lol:

Dealers can’t get enough of them! Parts-King will tell us more I’m sure. My dealer had only 8 for the quarter which were all sold/reserved. It’s nearly June now so doing a deal within the next couple of weeks should guarantee a 1.3 iQ as soon as they arrive :thumbsup:

I'm interested in this one too... 100bhp in a tiny car? :drool:

Ive had no official word on a launch date but my "educated" guess (LOL educated.....me?) would be it will be here in numbers for August, ready for the September 1st plate change, if I find anything different I will post it up

Kingo :thumbsup:

Dealers can’t get enough of them! Parts-King will tell us more I’m sure. My dealer had only 8 for the quarter which were all sold/reserved. It’s nearly June now so doing a deal within the next couple of weeks should guarantee a 1.3 iQ as soon as they arrive :thumbsup:

Can a deal be done if dealers don't have price lists to work from?

Just curious!

Thanks for your answer,

Steven

Yipee! for the 1.33! units due July style packs from japan hitting the web (UK side late November) through an independent...Keep the thread alive! ;)

Just curious!

Nope, they need to know their exact costs before entering into a deal.

Just curious!

Nope, they need to know their exact costs before entering into a deal.

Thought so..

Hi

Spoke to the local dealer yesterday and they've quoted £11,495 for the IQ3. It has the 1.33 6 speed stop/start engine from the Auris, chrome wingmirrors (?), 16" alloys. Its available in chilli red, metallic silver, metallic grey and the usual white, purple and black.

He told me that there is a red one on a boat arriving in the UK in 6 weeks, silver and grey will arrive 10 weeks....

What are the prices of the IQ and IQ2?

Had a call from my dealer today as I'm waiting for this engine to order my iQ.

Was told to expect delivery sometime in August, it's about £1000 more than the iQ2, also includes a 6 speaker system.

Was told to expect delivery sometime in August, it's about £1000 more than the iQ2, also includes a 6 speaker system.

wow sounds a tad expensive what do you get extra apart from a bigger engine 6 speed gear box and more road tax to pay to boot.

Intresting to see if it takes off

wow sounds a tad expensive what do you get extra apart from a bigger engine 6 speed gear box and more road tax to pay to boot.

Intresting to see if it takes off

Fewer mpg....perhaps.... :huh:

Blimey, £11,500, that is a lot of money. Sorry, that does nothing for me and it won't do anything for the wife, I put my foot down at that.

I would like one too but the whole IQ range is curently out of my price range as a second car.

105bhp per tonn... would be nice :(

• 3 weeks later...
you can read about the iq 1.33 here:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstD...-1.33-3/240541/

The performance is quite disappointing.... :crybaby::crybaby:

I think you have to consider is the +Ł1000 pricetag is worth for it

Is this Autocar up to their tricks again?

Surely the 0-60 time for an iQ3 has to be noticeably quicker than that of a 1.0l iQ.(Although it does seem to be carrying a lot more weight)

A six speed box should make sure of that by allowing at least one long legged cruise gear and plenty others for acceleration.

Maybe MrT has shot himself in the foot again, of course....

Hmmm. Something doesn't add up. Here are Toyota's figures for the Yaris and Urban Cruiser.

For the 1.33 Yaris:

Vehicle weight: 1080kg

Power: 74kW

Torque: 132Nm

0-62: 11.7s

For the 1.33 Urban Cruiser:

Vehicle weight: 1150kg

0-62: 12.5s

Just how heavy is the iQ3? :o

Here are the equivalent Toyota figures for the 1.0l engines, Yaris and iQ:

Yaris:

Vehicle weight: 1030kg

Power: 51kW

Torque: 93Nm

0-62: 15.7s

iQ:

Vehicle weight: 880kg

Power: 50kW

Torque: 91Nm

0-62: 14.7s

Aha! The iQ 1.0 engine has been slightly detuned, and actually it makes its peak torque at 4800rpm instead of 3600rpm in the Yaris.

So what we could be looking at in the iQ is a very peaky engine map, with not much mid-range grunt but a relatively powerful top end. Even so, I still think the 0-62 time of 13.7 from the review is very slow. Perhaps with the long gearing it just bogs down in the mid-range.

Should be fun for tuners, though. I guess you could either replace the map or maybe use an Urban Cruiser ECU to get more grunt. Probably the iQ has a smaller clutch and gearbox, so would need to be careful about the torque increase.

Anyway, this is all speculation until we actually drive the car. Hope Toyota haven't missed the opportunity to make a fun car.

Paul.

Hmmm. Something doesn't add up. Here are Toyota's figures for the Yaris and Urban Cruiser.

For the 1.33 Yaris:

It doesn't add up as you are talking about the Yaris and Urban Cruiser and not the iQ...!

For the 1.33 Yaris:

Here are the equivalent Toyota figures for the 1.0l engines, Yaris and iQ:

Yaris:

Vehicle weight: 1030kg

Power: 51kW

Torque: 93Nm

0-62: 15.7s

iQ:

Vehicle weight: 880kg

Power: 50kW

Torque: 91Nm

0-62: 14.7s

As far as I can glean from the info available, the iQ3 weighs about 910kg and the power is 73Kw.

Torque 100Nm, I think I have seen somewhere, could be wrong but certainly over 90Nm.

So, on paper it should be more sprightly than the other 1.33l Toyotas, as one would expect.

Perhaps not in practice for some reason...

It doesn't add up as you are talking about the Yaris and Urban Cruiser and not the iQ...!

Yes it does :D They are all supposed to use "the same engine."

Obviously with different kerb weights they will have different 0-62 times, but you would think that the iQ3 would be the lightest of the three and therefore the fastest. The Autocar review seems to make the iQ3 the slowest, which is strange.

Paul.