Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq 1.33

iPityu

What is the weight of an IQ3?

An heavy Auris 1.33 is 1285kg and 0-60 is 13.1 with a power to wait of 78bhp per ton.

Auris Yaris and iQ have the same 1.33 engine and gear box. However you will notice that the weights speeds, power and torque 0 to 60 times are all different. The engines are tuned to specific requirements to suit that particular car. It sounds like the iQ engine is restricted to a degree as I’m sure that putting too much power in this little car would require upgrades of other components which would increase the price of an already expensive car.

11.8 seconds for 0-62 mph is claimed in Toyota's 1.33 iQ press release today:

Toyota iQ3 Press Release

Most annoyingly there is an exclusive Decuma Grey metallic paint that looks fantastic - the problem is that I don't want the 1.33 so I can't have that colour :(

As I’m sure that putting too much power in this little car would require upgrades of other components which would increase the price of an already expensive car.
This makes no sense if the max BHP is the same. If I reved it to the red line and lifted off I don't see why de-tuning would restrict this narrow power band. It must be down to gearing or weight.

The YARIS T Sport with the old VTT, Fiat Panda Sport both have less bhp per ton but 0-60 in under 10 seconds. 3K saving and extra seats make them as well as other super mini's more attractive.

• 1 month later...

11.8 seconds for 0-62 mph is claimed in Toyota's 1.33 iQ press release today:

Toyota iQ3 Press Release

Most annoyingly there is an exclusive Decuma Grey metallic paint that looks fantastic - the problem is that I don't want the 1.33 so I can't have that colour :(

I like the colour.... although i am slightly biased :lol:

Quite keen to see some real world figures for this... my bro's Auris 1.33 certainly shifts well for a big car

:thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a video i made to show how start and stop works, it's not made in real traffic for security purpose, i've done it on a parking area.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links