Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speaker Recomendations

Camdog

Ok, new member, AYGO Blue on order, 4 week wait.. planning customising it...

First thing on the list is new Speakers as I hear the factory ones aint all that...

sooo. any suggestions form the experts on here as to what go well with the aygo and sound awesome like they should?

Also, do the new Speakers I buy need to be anything specific to make sure they work or will any that fit do the job?

Hit me up with suggestions.... :thumbsup:

Sorry don't know anything about modifying, but welcome to the club!

Aygo Blue woooo!

The OEM Speakers aren't even THAT bad, it's just that the factory radio can't

power them properly and they lack a lot of bass due to the small size.

I replaced the OEM radio with a Kenwood, installed a subwoofer from Pioneer

and adjusted everything so the bass goes through the sub and all high to

the OEM Speakers and it sounds WAY better than with the OEM radio.

The OEM Speakers are 13W RMS, but the radio only outputs about 17W PEAK.

My Kenwood outputs 45W PEAK, which translates to about 15W RMS and since

13 and 15 ar so close together, the radio has optimal control over the speakers...

On top of that my Kenwood supports MP3, full speed iPod control and ID3 display...

Im getting my new headunit fitted tomorrow, hopefully itll make a lot of difference seeing as it cost me loads lol. After that im guna upgrade the door and dash Speakers :) Ill upload a pic 2moro and tell ya if the difference in sound quality is good or not. And btw, what does "OEM" mean? ta

A question about the oem headunit, MrT has told me it'll play mp3's, but I'm not sure whether he thinks that is just from the aux in or not. Can anyone attest to the cd player handling mp3's once loaded on the disc?

If you're using the auxiliary input, then of course it'll play MP3s because you're just feeding sound through the car's system. Someone will need to create an MP3 audio CD and try that. Let us know how it goes.

Waiting for my Aygo+ coming, still a while to wait, but it'd be convenient if it could.

they dont play mp3 cd's :(

Ahh rats, never mind, at least the aux input is there. Just need to get a cable now to keep the ipod in power so I'll have more to listen to when I cruise to Disneyland. :D

Just need to get a cable now to keep the ipod in power

Get yourself something like a Griffin TuneFlex:

grif_tuneflex_1.jpg

(also available for larger iPods)

These give you a convenient way to hold the iPod, power it AND it has a dedicated line-out

on the plug that goes into the power socket, so no extra wires dangling from the iPod...

And of course the Line-out provides better sound quality than the headphone jack...

hi, ive changed my head unit to an alpine one and hooked up an ipod cable so i have all my music all the time. Installed a 10" subwoofer in the back, 'just fits perfectly' and have enough room for like 2 shoppping bags. Got a custom shelf made with 2 6x9 Speakers fitted. Now the car is booming, shaking like mad, but sounds amazing. The subwoofer is a Vibe CBR 10, it fits perfectly inside the boot, got recommended by the audio guys cause it sounds wayy better than the wee ones under the car seats. I recommend going to Halfords to get the subwoofer fitted cause its only £40 quid for fitting if u book online.

Thanks for the advice guys.... dont think I'm going to purchase a subwoofer YET so think I'll upgrade both the head unit and Speakers by the sound of it

Just got my new headunit fitted, and there is a difference, but when i turn it up loud it sounds awful, but I still have the stock Speakers in so im guessin thats why, so next on the list are new door and dash Speakers :)

Another thing too, I came across this; http://my107.blogspot.com/2006/12/installi...t-speakers.html

Seems easy enough, but what does it mean about connectors? What are they? lol And if they dont fit, what do I replace them with? Noob question i know, but car audio isnt my speciality :P

You can get a couple of adapter leads on eBay for a few £££

And as for the radio sounding awfull whan turned up loud:

the OEM Speakers can't handle the bass your radio outputs.

I sitll have the OEM Speakers, but have a subwoofer and use filters

to keep all low away from the Speakers, which sounds WAY better.

You can get a couple of adapter leads on ebay for a few £££

And as for the radio sounding awfull whan turned up loud:

the OEM speakers can't handle the bass your radio outputs.

I sitll have the OEM speakers, but have a subwoofer and use filters

to keep all low away from the speakers, which sounds WAY better.

Cheers, can't wait to get new Speakers :)

And could you link me to what you mean by adapter leads? I don't really know what im looking for lol

And could you link me to what you mean by adapter leads? I don't really know what im looking for lol

I think what he means is that you can those little spade style connectors or the block style. I had a look at the website and it seemed to show block connector as standard which had to then be cut and spliced to give it the spade style.

If this is the case then I shall be looking for Speakers that I can literally plug and play new speakers; can't be doing with cutting and splicing I'm afraid.

Here's a set:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Lautsprecher-Adapter-CI...14622QQihZ009QQ

70126.jpg

Plugs into the OEM connector and has the appropriate space-connectors for "normal" Speakers.

Or you can get yourself a set of Speakers with these leads included:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Toyota-Aygo-Mac-Audio-2...10530QQihZ009QQ

Here's a set:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Lautsprecher-Adapter-CI...14622QQihZ009QQ

70126.jpg

Plugs into the OEM connector and has the appropriate space-connectors for "normal" speakers.

Or you can get yourself a set of speakers with these leads included:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Toyota-Aygo-Mac-Audio-2...10530QQihZ009QQ

ahh ok, thanks for clearing that up for me! :)

came across these;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Adaptor-for-speaker-...93%3A1|294%3A50

are they the same thing, only in english? lol

Yep, same thing, different seller...

AFAIK the grid clips into the plastic surround.

I've had an iO Play fitted by Halfords which I think is a really great bit of kit spoiled by the OEM Speakers.

I don't really want to have a sub woofer fitted but would like to replace the existing Speakers with better ones to give a more mellow, less raucous sound. Can anyone tell me the sizes I would need and, even better, recommend some from the Halfords range please?

Any help much appreciated.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links