Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2008 1.3 Sr, Exhaust Rattle

little grey yaris

Good morning

I'm new to Toyota Forum, so please excuse if I make mistakes.

My 2008 1.3 SR has developed a very obvious exhaust rattle when my car is idling. It occurs when the car is warm after 20-30 mins driving & I notice it at junctions, traffic lights etc.. It's not obvious when accelerating, but it may be that the general car noise hides it.

It's been checked by my local Toyota garage once, but they couldn't find anything wrong. I am taking it back this week & will ask them to drive it on the road, rather than just look at it whilst on the ramps.

Otherwise the car is fine.

Could be the heat shield, they can become lose or start to rattle when they have heated up. It may just need tightening up.

Good morning

I'm new to Toyota Forum, so please excuse if I make mistakes.

My 2008 1.3 SR has developed a very obvious exhaust rattle when my car is idling. It occurs when the car is warm after 20-30 mins driving & I notice it at junctions, traffic lights etc.. It's not obvious when accelerating, but it may be that the general car noise hides it.

It's been checked by my local Toyota garage once, but they couldn't find anything wrong. I am taking it back this week & will ask them to drive it on the road, rather than just look at it whilst on the ramps.

Otherwise the car is fine.

I have a 08 Yaris SR in Venetian Silver and I have recently found the same problem with mine. My local dealer found nothing wrong with the exhaust. The heat shield and exhaust were secure. When I mentioned about the air con, they said it was the air con pump and was doing what it should!! I don't think they exactly knew what it was. If you find out what is wrong after you have got the dealer to drive it on the road, please let me know as I am concerned it could be something serious wrong with the car. I bought it brand new so I will not be happy if it is a serious problem.

Excellent advice from forum. My local Toyata garage replaced the heat shield today & the rattle has gone.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links